how do you remix a song?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

vex ruffin

how do you remix a song?

Post by vex ruffin »

i dont know how to do it. im guessing u match the bpm of the vocals and the bpm of the beat. if so how do u match the bpms together?

InfiniteSkillz

Post by InfiniteSkillz »

take the original ..... and match the tempos of the beats by playing the original and the beat of your remix simultaniously .... and when you hit the approprate bpm .... then kill the original and put the acapella on your beat .... try listening to the original also while working with the remix (not simultaniously) so you'll hear how the mc rides the beat in the original .... like which words hit what part of the beat and whatnot ....

peace

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

also, once you find the bpm of track it will probably be necessary to chop up the vocals into several pieces because most likely the bpm you have is not exact.

it takes a few tries to learn to remix well. just experiment and use trial and error

dox of poorly drawn peopl

Post by dox of poorly drawn peopl »

i always attempt to make a similar drum pattern to make sure the mc rides the beat appropritately.

also, watch out for key in r&b remixes.
the poster formerly known as dead jesus
http://www.myspace.com/justinsayles

InfiniteSkillz

Post by InfiniteSkillz »

The Red Scare wrote:also, once you find the bpm of track it will probably be necessary to chop up the vocals into several pieces because most likely the bpm you have is not exact.
if you need to chop the acapella up the problem might be that you need to match the bpm by a fraction like ... 94,561 .... what I do is put the first chorus on beat and make the whole first chorus fit perfectly ..... then I go to the last chorus and change the bpm untill the last chorus rides the beat right ..... without moving the files at all .....

but sure some acapellas are fucked up ! .... :grin:

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

i find that chopping makes things less frustrating.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

InfiniteSkillz wrote:
The Red Scare wrote:also, once you find the bpm of track it will probably be necessary to chop up the vocals into several pieces because most likely the bpm you have is not exact.
if you need to chop the acapella up the problem might be that you need to match the bpm by a fraction like ... 94,561 .... what I do is put the first chorus on beat and make the whole first chorus fit perfectly ..... then I go to the last chorus and change the bpm untill the last chorus rides the beat right ..... without moving the files at all .....
true, that can work. but sometimes you might want certain parts of the vocals to ride the beat slightly differently than they do on the original, given different drum patterns etc

InfiniteSkillz

Post by InfiniteSkillz »

The Red Scare wrote:
InfiniteSkillz wrote:
true, that can work. but sometimes you might want certain parts of the vocals to ride the beat slightly differently than they do on the original, given different drum patterns etc
true, very true ... and if you got the skillz to pull that off and it'll sound well .. then that's a really dope way to flip a remix man !

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

haha...look at vex ruffin on the boards, yall
ur in the midsts of a true legend in the making...
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße