Brother Ali - Truth Is Remix - Voting (5/11-5/18)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Vote for your favorite remix

Equalibrum
40%
Pensive
10%
Per Abdul
35%
Red Scare
2%
Rosario
2%
Tayo
1%
T.E.C.K.
10%

Total votes: 280

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

sean wrote:i dunno if per abdul checks these threads but,

duuuuu, i voted for you already.

why is your little sister hitting up my myspace page to leave me comments about you?

she's attractive but too young.
huh?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

pensive wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
pensive wrote:
shopvack wrote:voted pensive, surprised he's only in 4th
im not all that surprised seeing as how i havent done any 'campaining' but its all good...
no shame in promotin ya shit. if you don't who will?
alot of my friends dont have computers, and the ones that do wont register to vote so i dont really have to many options but i feel you...its all good tho the best remix will win in the end anyhow...
bullshit. don't make my vote go to waste.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

Pensive's was nice. Don't see what all the hype is about though.

T.E.C.K's was a little "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"-ish, which is cool. I like the beat and and the vocal samples were sick, but it felt like there were some notes missing from the melody.

Tayo's was easily my favourite.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

CasOne

Re: Per Abdul is taking this one easy...

Post by CasOne »

visualconceptmedia wrote:
CasOne wrote:I voted equalibrum. IMO, It's what remixes should be. He kept the lyrics on beat and kept the vibe while flipping the style....dope.
How many times are the words "vibe", "dope", and "flippin" gonna be used to describe equalibrum's remix? I can only think of one word to describe that remix...soft. Softer than baby dook. This is a lock EQ, better start postin those bulletins.

what a sub standard attempt at a company name and call out.....

LiQuiD6

Post by LiQuiD6 »

i have no clue how pensive is so behind in votes....seriously

its the only remix imo which actually fits the acapella in the top 7....

you have to think....the best remix isnt a dope beat with an acapella on it...its the beat which carries out the emotion that the artist is using...and changes or enhances the energy on that....but at the same time doesnt sound forced or awkward....for example...some of these beats are dope on thier own...but in general they completely ignore the tone and cadance of the MC...making it sound like ....an acapella over a beat instead of a remix...

i think most people are voting on which is the better beat...and not which is the better remix....or they just have bad ears...lol...ill just keep preaching to the stuffed bear in the corner... :larry:
The best hip hop producer you never heard of:

www.myspace.com/liquid6dustmightz

pensive

Post by pensive »

LiQuiD6 wrote:or they just have bad ears
might just be seein as how you didnt make it to the top 7, i figured you had it won....
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

www.myspace.com/pensivebeats

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

LiQuiD6 wrote:i have no clue how pensive is so behind in votes....seriously

you have to think....the best remix isnt a dope beat with an acapella on it...its the beat which carries out the emotion that the artist is using...and changes or enhances the energy on that....but at the same time doesnt sound forced or awkward....for example...some of these beats are dope on thier own...but in general they completely ignore the tone and cadance of the MC...making it sound like ....an acapella over a beat instead of a remix...

i think most people are voting on which is the better beat...and not which is the better remix....or they just have bad ears...lol...ill just keep preaching to the stuffed bear in the corner... :larry:
I disagree. I think that all of these beats work well with the lyrics, but each in their own way.

Pensive's beat gives the track a more introspective and emotional feel. I think it works great, but it certainly gives off a different vibe than the original. Others, like Equalibrum's, Tayo's, or my own, have a bit more angry or explosive feel to them, which I think works well because it mirrors the intensity of the lyrics. Rosario's and TECKS are a bit more playful. And Per Abdul's is somewhere in between. None of them "completely ignore the tone and cadance of the MC."

LiQuiD6

Post by LiQuiD6 »

The Red Scare wrote:
LiQuiD6 wrote:i have no clue how pensive is so behind in votes....seriously

I disagree. I think that all of these beats work well with the lyrics, but each in their own way.

Pensive's beat gives the track a more introspective and emotional feel. I think it works great, but it certainly gives off a different vibe than the original. Others, like Equalibrum's, Tayo's, or my own, have a bit more angry or explosive feel to them, which I think works well because it mirrors the intensity of the lyrics. Rosario's and TECKS are a bit more playful. And Per Abdul's is somewhere in between. None of them "completely ignore the tone and cadance of the MC."

this is what i hear..obviously other people will disagree..and it seems like the majority disagree with me cause of the voting so far....so im preaching to the stuffed bear...

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

yeah i completely disagree with the these beats dont fit comment. everyone flips it in their own way. maybe the mixes arent incredible on some but even then all the mixes are suitable.

LiQuiD6

Post by LiQuiD6 »

Can-U wrote:yeah i completely disagree with the these beats dont fit comment. everyone flips it in their own way. maybe the mixes arent incredible on some but even then all the mixes are suitable.
ill say ...equalibrium or pensive should win...imo....i voted for pensive..but ill be happy with equalibrium winning....but imo those 2 no doubt should have it..i just feel they were leagues beyond the others..no offense to the others...they had good beats..i just think those 2 stand out as remixes

visualconceptmedia

Post by visualconceptmedia »

CasOne wrote:
CasOne wrote:I voted equalibrum. IMO, It's what remixes should be. He kept the lyrics on beat and kept the vibe while flipping the style....dope.
How many times are the words "vibe", "dope", and "flippin" gonna be used to describe equalibrum's remix? I can only think of one word to describe that remix...soft. Softer than baby dook. This is a lock EQ, better start postin those bulletins.

Sub standard attempt? If you only knew. Move outta the conrfeild brosiph, join us in the streets. Oh yeah, call us when you decide to leave the barnyard photos and websites behind.

richard lamplighter

Post by richard lamplighter »

voted pensive

also, campaignin' for shit like this is a bit ghey

i wonder how many per abdul voters actually listened to all seven songs? :megaman:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I think it's a little foul that a certain finalist is signing up MULTIPLE times to vote. Remember I approve all new members so I can see what email address you are signing up with.

Play fair.

pensive

Post by pensive »

Philaflava wrote:I think it's a little foul that a certain finalist is signing up MULTIPLE times to vote. Remember I approve all new members so I can see what email address you are signing up with.

Play fair.
LOL who?!?!
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

pensive wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I think it's a little foul that a certain finalist is signing up MULTIPLE times to vote. Remember I approve all new members so I can see what email address you are signing up with.

Play fair.
LOL who?!?!
Nah I won't put that person on blast, because I haven't approved the accounts that I caught.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

voted agent b

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

pensive wrote:

Play fair.
LOL who?!?!
IT IS ME! with my outstanding 5 votes!

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

pensive wrote:

Play fair.
LOL who?!?!
i think its pretty obvious...

pensive

Post by pensive »

The Red Scare wrote:
pensive wrote:

Play fair.
LOL who?!?!
tayo?? LOL

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

lol

MzLovelyLadyJ

Post by MzLovelyLadyJ »

I didn't know this was going on until now but Ive been hooked on that EQ shit for awhile now! so, of course he got my vote!!!!

llbsidesll

Post by llbsidesll »

This comment is just ignorant.... For real, much respect to all the finalists, there is definitely a lot for talented people on this forum. IMO, EQ's and Pensive's remixes sounded the most finished to me. They have the perfect amount of change ups in them to keep the song feeling as fresh as the original. The others are all good for one reason or another but in general I found myself eventually loosing interest before the song was over.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

visualconceptmedia wrote:How many times are the words "vibe", "dope", and "flippin" gonna be used to describe equalibrum's remix? I can only think of one word to describe that remix...soft. Softer than baby dook. This is a lock EQ, better start postin those bulletins.

pardon me, but there aren't any equalibrum voters in here talking shit about per abdul's beat so why are there per abdul dickriders (yes i see him in your top eight on myspace) in here talking shit about eq's beat?

you're only here to vote just like all the other new posters in the thread so shut the fuck up kindly. there's no need to make this thread uglier than it already is.

and lol @ "start posting those bulletins" as if your crew isn't campaigning at all.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

pensive wrote:
The Red Scare wrote:
pensive wrote:

Play fair.
LOL who?!?!
tayo?? LOL
i wonder if tayo even knows he made the top 7, dudes vanished

MFJew

Post by MFJew »

Lol@all the bickering going on.

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

Last edited by equalibrum on Mon May 14, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

CasOne wrote:

Sub standard attempt? If you only knew. Move outta the conrfeild brosiph, join us in the streets. Oh yeah, call us when you decide to leave the barnyard photos and websites behind.

"move outta the conrfeild brosiph"

is that an oxymoron? 1.you incorrectly spelled 6 words in a 5 word sentence. 2.You said brosiph. 3. Graphics DO make you street count me in. I'll 'join" you there.

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

Last edited by equalibrum on Mon May 14, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

and this contest officially just went to shit.

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

ROSARIO wrote:and this contest officially just went to shit.
LOL...sorry i found and had to share hahah...ok, maybe that was a little over the top...

no more of that..