Brother Ali - Truth Is Remix - Voting (5/11-5/18)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Vote for your favorite remix

Equalibrum
40%
Pensive
10%
Per Abdul
35%
Red Scare
2%
Rosario
2%
Tayo
1%
T.E.C.K.
10%

Total votes: 280

AthenA

Post by AthenA »

Voted for Rosario. I think his track caught the whole vibe of what the lyrics are about. And I could actually picture Brother Ali on stage with this, with this big ass band behind him, crazy energy, it would be dope.

Peace & Blessings

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

AthenA wrote:Voted for Rosario. I think his track caught the whole vibe of what the lyrics are about. And I could actually picture Brother Ali on stage with this, with this big ass band behind him, crazy energy, it would be dope.

Peace & Blessings
damn right. you should get some rosario beats athena.

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

wow, this is really coming down to the wire...

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

damn....per adbul got about ten votes in the last forty five minutes.

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

wow..
Last edited by equalibrum on Fri May 18, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

AthenA wrote:Voted for Rosario. I think his track caught the whole vibe of what the lyrics are about. And I could actually picture Brother Ali on stage with this, with this big ass band behind him, crazy energy, it would be dope.

Peace & Blessings
a comment like this feels better than 68 votes...thank you

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

*delete* posted by accident...

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

ROSARIO wrote:

Peace & Blessings

I absolutely love that beat : )

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

equalibrum wrote:
ROSARIO wrote:

Peace & Blessings

I absolutely love that beat : )
per abdul
EQ
rosario

was my top 3

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

intuition wrote:damn....per adbul got about ten votes in the last forty five minutes.
haha, i noticed the same thing. it was all tied up not too long ago.

Jerrrrr

Post by Jerrrrr »

Per Abby hands down.

steefe20

Post by steefe20 »

Those per abdul cats are off the mudda f'ing chain BRO!!!!!

Lets hear it for john venega.

kaoskorner

t.E.C.K!

Post by kaoskorner »

Vote 4 da Resinated Consumer t.E.C.K! Dat's my Werd...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:ohsh:

Tie?

seezmeezy

Post by seezmeezy »

"Even if you claim that the outcome of this contest can be determined by outside voting and therefore disproportionately rewards better organizers rather than the better producers, I still don't see how that justifies shill accounts."

uh... it's justified because you'd win the contest.

"It's all about getting your name out there anyway...it's not really a victory if you won off fake votes. Those yahoo accounts aren't going to come to your next show."

exactly, it's all about getting your name out there. by winning. if people are willing to create email accounts just to support you, they'll be at your next show. i know i'll be at the next t.e.c.k! show... because i'll be on punishment if i'm not.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Damn this is close. really wish I hadn't already voted for myself. :lol:

seezmeezy

Post by seezmeezy »

Philaflava wrote:How many of these one-post wonders will stay after the 18th? :killacam:
was the point of this contest to get the producers some shine?

or was it to get your site more registered users that you can flip into advertising money?

or was it both?

or was it neither????????

i'm not mad at either one, and am actually suprised that people would trip about multiple accounts since it would benefit you financially. does it make a difference to advertisters if a registered user has only posted a handful of times?

i kid because i love. the last thing i would assume is that you want people to register so you can get paid. i understand that you'd prefer that people come for the contest and stay for the content. but if you get undreds of one-time wonders... at least you can use them better than they used you.

sure, it'd be nice if i registered to vote for t.e.c.k!, then stuck around to post about all things philaflavared. i love the site and have links on myspace pages telling people that you must register to vote, which is worth it since the site has illuminating content and intriguing discussions. but t.e.c.k! limits my computer time to 1 hour a day... and i have to spend at least 45 minutes chatting with hot babes.

llbsidesll

Post by llbsidesll »

wow.... 81 to 81. Wonder if this shits gonna go into sudden death? :grin:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

seezmeezy wrote:
Philaflava wrote:How many of these one-post wonders will stay after the 18th? :killacam:

or was it to get your site more registered users that you can flip into advertising money?

or was it both?

This point of this contest, as the previous ones are to expose the talent we have on this site. The contest unlike the others had an open invite to people not familiar with Philaflava.

Iג€™m thrilled to have more people come to this site, but letג€™s be realistic, maybe 2% of the newbies will stay and Iג€™m fine with that.

People donג€™t advertise on here because of the registered users. Every message board has just a small retention of those registered users. People advertise because they're either hip to this site, the outlet and the influence or because they took the time to check it out and realized its one of the best boards catering to this kind of music.

The people who aren't familar with :phila: have been sleepin' because its one of the greatest hidden secrets on the internet. Yes, fully gassed.

KrondoMatic

Post by KrondoMatic »

i may just be overlooking the obvious, but when exactly is the voting over?

exit202

Post by exit202 »

Philaflava wrote:
seezmeezy wrote:

or was it both?

This point of this contest, as the previous ones are to expose the talent we have on this site. The contest unlike the others had an open invite to people not familiar with Philaflava.

Iג€™m thrilled to have more people come to this site, but letג€™s be realistic, maybe 2% of the newbies will stay and Iג€™m fine with that.

People donג€™t advertise on here because of the registered users. Every message board has just a small retention of those registered users. People advertise because they're either hip to this site, the outlet and the influence or because they took the time to check it out and realized its one of the best boards catering to this kind of music.

The people who aren't familar with :phila: have been sleepin' because its one of the greatest hidden secrets on the internet. Yes, fully gassed.

i will be stayin! nice site!
<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 798">Wanna watch my music video? It's called, "The Block" by CES Cru featuring Joe Good! It's really, really good, you'll see!</a>

MFJew

Post by MFJew »

Well...it's good to see my two favorites are neck and neck.

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

this will be no on-slaught.

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

and its wound down to...who can make accounts the fastest. lol

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

ROSARIO wrote:and its wound down to...who can make accounts the fastest. lol

it's a dirty game at this point. but may the best e-street (no bruce springsteen) team win.

pensive

Post by pensive »

ROSARIO wrote:and its wound down to...who can make accounts the fastest. lol
hahaha...
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

www.myspace.com/pensivebeats

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

congratulations brotha. things didn't quite work out for us down the stretch, but what can you do. contest was a blast, this was the first time we have ever put our music out in public like this and the response was pretty unbelieveable. props to everyone who put this shit together.

congrats again!

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

what time is this poll closing?

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

is it over? can i stop sweating now? LOL damn!
that was reeeally stressfull hahhaa...wow
props to all the producers...All of them are dope and deserved to be up there. thanks to Per Abdul for the nail biting competition and nights of loss sleep hahaha. Thanks to brother ali for making such a dope song. Thanks to phila and rhymesayers for the opportunity. It was a shitload of fun...

thanks to everyone that voted...thanks :grin:

peace,
equal

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

lol @ your acceptance speach mark.