Round 1

Operation: Doomsday
72%
Itג€™s Dark And Hell Is Hot
28%

Total votes: 113

marinville

Post by marinville »

I used to like the dmx album when it dropped, then somebody stole it and I never bought it back.

I recently downloaded it and tried to listen to it and it sounded mostly horrible

doomsday, on the other hand, sounds mostly good.

I'm suprised this is close and I'm more suprised anyone considers any of dmx's shit classic.

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

Paragraph President wrote:DMX is a crack-addled fifth-generation welfare recipient scumbag who makes convulsive rah-rah garage rap for ritalin-snorting, makeshift meth lab exploding white trash whigger racists named Cody who join the Ithaca chapter of the Crips to impress Spencer's shopping whores named Amber and Samantha.
Replace DMX with MF Doom and we can just play Mad Libs with this statement. See, look:
Icesickle wrote:MF Doom is a crack and alcohol-addled seventh-generation welfare recipient thief who makes nauseating off-beat bedroom-bap rap for adderall-snorting, independent as fuck, Rawkus limited edition backpack wearing white trash whiggers named Julian and their 'burb African-American counterparts named Jefferson who join the Greenwich, CT chapter of the Crips to impress Urban Outfitters shopping whores named Amber and Samantha.
:doom:

admiral

Post by admiral »

Paragraph President wrote:DMX is a crack-addled fifth-generation welfare recipient scumbag who makes convulsive rah-rah garage rap for ritalin-snorting, makeshift meth lab exploding white trash whigger racists named Cody who join the Ithaca chapter of the Crips to impress Spencer's shopping whores named Amber and Samantha.
ROFL Lauren

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

I like that DMX album, but Doomsday mops the floor with it.

had it been Pun vs. DMX I might have voted for X though.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

mf doom..
his best record i'd say. don't anything he's dropped since then that much..

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

reevolution wrote:The best part of it all is: I'm sure 98% of the people that vote for Operation Doomsday not only didn't hear the album for many years after it was first released, they didn't even have any idea who MF Doom was for those many years either.
not sure what your point is here.

voted doomsday.

adverse

Post by adverse »

Operation: Doomsday
ImageImage

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

[img]http://www.courttv.com/graphics/onair/hiphop_justice/dmx.jpg[/img] wrote:i got blood on my dick cause i fucked a corpse
i'm a nasty nigga

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

shopvack wrote:
reevolution wrote:The best part of it all is: I'm sure 98% of the people that vote for Operation Doomsday not only didn't hear the album for many years after it was first released, they didn't even have any idea who MF Doom was for those many years either.

voted doomsday.

+

=

MY POINT.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Funk Docta Bombay wrote:I like that DMX album, but Doomsday mops the floor with it.

richard lamplighter

Post by richard lamplighter »

reevolution wrote:
shopvack wrote:

voted doomsday.

+

=

MY POINT.
it's a shitty point.

of course there is something of apples & oranges going on here, but really. doomsday is a top indy album from the height of the era. x's shit while enjoyable on a surface/teenager level doesn't really compare.

voting against doom is just bandwagon backlash. which really has nothing to do with doomsday as an album, since it dropped long before madvillain or viktor vaughn or dangerdoom or whatever, & has been the shit since it dropped.

not hating on x tho cuz shit is entertaining, but it's hardy boys vs william faulkner

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Wow. Dead even when I logged off, now DOOM has doubled.

And I love how people are trying to act like DOOM is the less whigger loved of these two. DOOM has 15 black fans, and 10 of them post on this board. His concerts look like star trek conventions. I'm not sayin' I'm not a big Doom fan myself... I'm just sayin' they both have predominantly white followings here people, only difference is DMX went like sextuple platinum while DOOM might have a sold a hundred thousand. But it's not like I've ever had a conversation with a Harlemite who knew who MF DOOM was. DMX? Yeah. He's the dusted-out wild man who comes through for dolo on dirt-bike and smokes blunts on major avenues.

Not a reason to stop voting for DOOM or to vote for X, I just think the posturing in this thread by some of the OGs is a little exaggerated/hypocritical.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:doom: has black fans?

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

I'll take the drums from "truly yours" flip over that awful "get the bozack" rip. "PROTECTED BY VIPER STAND BACK" :arrow:

J-Murda

Post by J-Murda »

Seiko Flossberg wrote:
Funk Docta Bombay wrote:I like that DMX album, but Doomsday mops the floor with it.
"Down South on vacation just this year a couple different people asked if I was Arab or Hispanic and I've got pulled away from security lines at airports the last two times I flied." - Icesickle

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

every single rapper on the planet has a "predominantly white following"

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

ackbar wrote:every single rapper on the planet has a "predominantly white following"
WRONG! Case in point : Mindbender Futurama. His only "fans" are his mother and demented acid fried twin brother, both of whom are black.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

while doomsday is imo overrated...dmx is unlistenable crap

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

It's Dark and Hell is Hot by a landslide...
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Magneto wrote:It's Dark and Hell is Hot by a manslide...deep inside my tight warm crevice
Last edited by RacquetballGangsta on Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

DMX is a much better MC/rapper whatever you want to call it then MF Doom, who is terrible for the most part.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

RacquetballGangsta

Magneto wrote:DMX is a much better MC/rapper whatever you want to call it then MF Doom, who is terrible for the most part.
i dont necessarily agree with u, but this isnt a rapper v rapper poll. ALBUM, doggy. dmx is a better technical emcee prolly, but not nearly as clever a writer.
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

admiral wrote:Doomsday because he had far less impact on trailer trash from nationwide

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Trailer Trash > Pretentious Hip Hop Thinktank Pussies Who Didnt Play High School Sports and May or May Not Be Wearing Horn-Rimmed Glasses and a SYMantiks Hat.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

It really comes down to...

whoever loves Anticon = :doom:

whoever jocks Dipset = DMX

Jos-B

Post by Jos-B »

Hmm, let's see.... I'm pretty much all over anything :doom: even touches, I'll admit it, but I can't just vote for O:D with no questions asked...When it comes to Doomsday, I find myself going back to listen to tracks like "Doomsday", "Rhymes Like Dimes", "Tick, Tick", "Dead Bent", & "?" on the regular. But on It's Dark, you've got the Ruff Ryders' Anthem in all its Swizzy glory, you've got "Damien" (back before he beat that concept to death), and it has the obscure honor of being one of the only albums that when I didn't immediately delete "Intro" to save space on my cramped-as-f*ck mp3 player, because it actually has DMX rhyming over a good beat. It seems like the argument here is "MF DOOM is simply a mediocre rapper pushing "alternative hip-hop" that's really just trash to the backpackers who eat it up in order to show their disdain for the mainstream" versus "DMX is a stupid-as-hell thug who got a hit off of a song that interpolated the "Stop! Drop! Roll!" technique of putting out a fire, and in hindsight, heads mistake a dude talking about how violent and anti-religious he is as having some kind of deep, poetic, underlying meaning". Neither of those are my opinion; I like both albums. *gasp* I guess I'll just go by which one I listen to more often; Operation: Doomsday it is.

Unnecessarily long post...wanted to make a good first impression and shit. >_>

RacquetballGangsta

blastmaster wrote:Trailer Trash > Pretentious Hip Hop Thinktank Pussies Who Didnt Play High School Sports and May or May Not Be Wearing Horn-Rimmed Glasses and a SYMantiks Hat.
1 thats simply not true (the > part)
2 thats simply not accurate (description of each fanbase)

lol @ HS sports as a measure of manliness/non-faggotree

Philaflava wrote:It really comes down to...

whoever loves Anticon = :doom:

whoever jocks Dipset = DMX
once again not true

is today stupid oversimplification day or what?
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

RacquetballGangsta

Jos-B wrote:Hmm, let's see.... I'm pretty much all over anything :doom: even touches, I'll admit it, but I can't just vote for O:D with no questions asked...When it comes to Doomsday, I find myself going back to listen to tracks like "Doomsday", "Rhymes Like Dimes", "Tick, Tick", "Dead Bent", & "?" on the regular. But on It's Dark, you've got the Ruff Ryders' Anthem in all its Swizzy glory, you've got "Damien" (back before he beat that concept to death), and it has the obscure honor of being one of the only albums that when I didn't immediately delete "Intro" to save space on my cramped-as-f*ck mp3 player, because it actually has DMX rhyming over a good beat. It seems like the argument here is "MF DOOM is simply a mediocre rapper pushing "alternative hip-hop" that's really just trash to the backpackers who eat it up in order to show their disdain for the mainstream" versus "DMX is a stupid-as-hell thug who got a hit off of a song that interpolated the "Stop! Drop! Roll!" technique of putting out a fire, and in hindsight, heads mistake a dude talking about how violent and anti-religious he is as having some kind of deep, poetic, underlying meaning". Neither of those are my opinion; I like both albums. *gasp* I guess I'll just go by which one I listen to more often; Operation: Doomsday it is.

Unnecessarily long post...wanted to make a good first impression and shit. >_>
:didntread:
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:

lol @ HS sports as a measure of manliness/non-faggotree
Its all that matters in life and the main means I use to judge people. You Sissy.

LOL. I can see why you took offense to that notion:

if missing some piece, a puzzle builds
a tower to see, to spy some kill
or el dorado search the earth to find
gold underwater, your heart can mine

fields of dreams, where mice might run
and elude the gaze of hawks. the claw
and tooth. who can touch a part not near
his core, where only that self escapes no fear?

around the corner, frolicks your joy
ahead of you at every step. before your
smile a shadow looms. you cannot see
the place nightmares forget to be.

however souls complete spirals up
a burden light, with eyes transfixed,
they must be whole unto themselves
before twins come and hands are held.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Im goin with X on this one