Cormega vs. AZ

Cormega
43%
AZ
57%

Total votes: 74

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Paragraph President wrote: You should probably revisit "Pieces Of A Man" as it's better than every Cormega album.
LOL

fanboy idiocy
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Thun

Post by Thun »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:
Paragraph President wrote: You should probably revisit "Pieces Of A Man" as it's better than every Cormega album.
LOL

fanboy idiocy
And the last time you listened to it was when?

poopie boy

Post by poopie boy »

Paragraph President wrote:
poopie boy wrote:Voted for Cormega because his music is constantly in my rotation and although I've been listening to "The Memphis Sessions" for about 10 days straight now, I can't even remember the last time I listened to Doe or Die, 9 Lives, Aziatic, Pieces of A Man, etc.
You should probably revisit "Pieces Of A Man" as it's better than every Cormega album.
I'm downloading it again right now. Listening to Doe or Die as we speak.

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

Cormega. Nothing wrong with AZ, but he doesn't impress me as much as usual.

Thun

Post by Thun »

The problem here is that Cormega is for the most part, a post-Vibe rapper.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Pieces of Man, while flawed, is one of the best rap albums ever.

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

tough poll, picked Mega just cause he's in rotation more

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:
LOL

fanboy idiocy
And the last time you listened to it was when?
a few years ago when i copped it used hoping to hear some live shit. boring as hell and i havent listened since. i'll wipe the dust off it and give it another listen though next chance i get.

i used to be a BIG AZ fan, dude.

The Realness is a dope ass album, mostly cuz of the beats but Corey does drop some heat as well. Pieces of a Man would have be damn near Doe or Die status to beat it, and from what i remember, thats not the case.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

SacmenFeg

Post by SacmenFeg »

blastmaster wrote:Cormega is nice, but AZ is much much better.

MGP
The Slick Rick of PF

Post by MGP »

Can anyone upload Nas featuring AZ on "Serious."

That shit was bonkers.

Cormega writes it better, AZ actually raps it better.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

serious http://www.sendspace.com/file/mm9opc

yo who do you guys think was better on affirmative action?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Nas kills both of em. AZ's flow is sick though. The way he rolls through " Roam in your own zone or get kidnapped and clapped in your dome" is nasty. Cormega's verse starts out great, but overall sounds kinda tense following AZ's.

Chance

Post by Chance »

blastmaster wrote:Cormega is nice, but AZ is much much better.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

poopie boy wrote:Voted for Cormega because his music is constantly in my rotation and although I've been listening to "The Memphis Sessions" for about 10 days straight now, I can't even remember the last time I listened to Doe or Die, 9 Lives, Aziatic, Pieces of A Man, etc.
You should probably revisit "Pieces Of A Man" as it's better than every Cormega album.
AZ. I am never disapointed when I get an AZ album on the other hand Cormega or Nature or whatever has some cds that i threw out.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
serious http://www.sendspace.com/file/mm9opc

Az's verse is my favorite on that song. How the beat picks up and he goes into the song is great. Sneak attack, a new cat sit back, worth top dollar
In fact, touch mines, and I'll react like a Rottweiler

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

for me AZ not too fond of Cormega. dont like his voice and flow too much, he has skills though. but AZ is the whole package only that he picks questionable beats for half his songs, all his albums (besides do or die) have some really great and some really wack beats. he always wanted to make some of that jiggy commercial shit, but i dont feel it ever suited him. maybe it was some A&R decision though.
a good producer should make a whole album with him, Pete Rock Premo or someone like that.

but cormega doesnt only pick good beATs either, i had a single once with two terrible beats.

should maybe try to get my hands on the realness if people say its that dope. the testament is dope, whats the history behind this is it a collection of old and new material or a shelved old album?

LONDON

Post by LONDON »

everybody merked on that 'Affirmitive Action' tune, can't remember whose verse was the best though

Huldrich, if you like classic street lyrisism over gutta, basement, sictrumentals, sick beats, then the 'Realness' albulm is for you, to me yeah, its a classic street albulm truss
________
COLD CASE ADVICE
________
Vision Insurance Forum
Last edited by LONDON on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D. James

Post by D. James »

ALASKA wrote:i picked az only because i wanted to see who was winning.

i feel like if you heard az's verse on lifes a bitch you heard everything. he has one style.
That one style is ill as fuck though.

Voted AZ.

arkham

Post by arkham »

Cormega's beats are WILDLY overrated in this thread.

mtv news

Post by mtv news »

blastmaster wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Nas kills both of em. AZ's flow is sick though. The way he rolls through " Roam in your own zone or get kidnapped and clapped in your dome" is nasty. Cormega's verse starts out great, but overall sounds kinda tense following AZ's.
one of the only times i've disagreed with blastmaster...

IMO nas falls short on every track he does with either of them... dude is mad corny... and the verse he wrote for foxy on that track gets pretty boring.

mega vs. AZ is something i've been thinking about for a while... never being able to decide who's better.

but i think they both slaughter nas.

poopie boy

Post by poopie boy »

AZ = MORE MULTIS :bow:

(I still like Cormega better)

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:for me AZ not too fond of Cormega. dont like his voice and flow too much, he has skills though. but AZ is the whole package only that he picks questionable beats for half his songs, all his albums (besides do or die) have some really great and some really wack beats. he always wanted to make some of that jiggy commercial shit, but i dont feel it ever suited him. maybe it was some A&R decision though.
a good producer should make a whole album with him, Pete Rock Premo or someone like that.

but cormega doesnt only pick good beATs either, i had a single once with two terrible beats.

should maybe try to get my hands on the realness if people say its that dope. the testament is dope, whats the history behind this is it a collection of old and new material or a shelved old album?
check both The Realness and The True Meaning. and mega has arguably the best ear for beats in hip-hop so kill your "i had a single once with two terrible beats".

and :larry: :naswtf: @ you not knowing the background story of "The Testament". seriously...

machine

Post by machine »

definitely a hard vote but I pick core based on rotation. i've just listened to him more. AZ is nice as hell though. that memphis sessions tape is gettin playtime.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

DredScott wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:for me AZ not too fond of Cormega. dont like his voice and flow too much, he has skills though. but AZ is the whole package only that he picks questionable beats for half his songs, all his albums (besides do or die) have some really great and some really wack beats. he always wanted to make some of that jiggy commercial shit, but i dont feel it ever suited him. maybe it was some A&R decision though.

check both The Realness and The True Meaning. and mega has arguably the best ear for beats in hip-hop so kill your "i had a single once with two terrible beats".

and :larry: :naswtf: @ you not knowing the background story of "The Testament". seriously...
i said in my post that i know the testament and like it. asked about the realness. and thanks for your information you fucking smartass. never cared too much for cormega thats why i dont know shit about him. only thing i know is testament was released in 05 but had tracks from 97 on it

and this single i had (get out my way / r u my nigga) had in fact terrible beats
so fuck off fanboy.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

mtv news wrote: mega vs. AZ is something i've been thinking about for a while... never being able to decide who's better.

but i think they both slaughter nas.
:naswtf: :wtf:

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
DredScott wrote:

i said in my post that i know the testament and like it. asked about the realness. and thanks for your information you fucking smartass. never cared too much for cormega thats why i dont know shit about him. only thing i know is testament was released in 05 but had tracks from 97 on it

and this single i had (get out my way / r u my nigga) had in fact terrible beats
so fuck off fanboy.
riiiiiiiiight... :killacam:

you claim that you "know" the testament yet you still felt the need to ask "whats the history behind this is it a collection of old and new material or a shelved old album?" so you really don't know shit about it, you just heard the album when it finally dropped a few years ago.

and how is "get out my way" a terrible beat? you must have a nas/ras kass-esque ear for beats if you think that beat is terrible...

even r u my nigga is a decent beat and goes with the song's content perfectly.

lastly, make sure you know what you're talking about before you try to reply to me, newjack faggot...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

interviewing mega in an hour so i'll be sure NOT to tell him about these results.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Philaflava wrote:interviewing mega in an hour so i'll be sure NOT to tell him about these results.
LOL
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Huldrich Bullsh!t

DredScott wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
DredScott wrote:

so fuck off fanboy.

you claim that you "know" the testament yet you still felt the need to ask "whats the history behind this is it a collection of old and new material or a shelved old album?" so you really don't know shit about it, you just heard the album when it finally dropped a few years ago.

and how is "get out my way" a terrible beat? you must have a nas/ras kass-esque ear for beats if you think that beat is terrible...

lastly, make sure you know what you're talking about before you try to reply to me, newjack faggot...

sorry i dont know the history of your favorite rapper you fucking stan.
yeah, i own the album and i own the dead man walking 12" from 97 wich is on there.
so i said i know the album. knowing the album usually means having heard the album more than once, knowing favorite songs of it... it does usually not mean to know how each track was recorded and what underwear the artist wore when he wrote the song.

to answer your question: get out my way sounds wack if you have a pair of working ears. that shit is executed amateurish but it doesnt even matter cause the sample is wack anyway. sounds like the music they play in circus when all the freaks come out to play as an encore

i know what im talking about, you seem to know what you are talkin about, that you dont like my opinion is one thing but frontin on me without any apparent reason just because i asked a question is another.

getting butthurt cause i didnt study Cormega and calling me a faggot.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
DredScott wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
DredScott wrote:

so fuck off fanboy.

sorry i dont know the history of your favorite rapper you fucking stan.
yeah, i own the album and i own the dead man walking 12" from 97 wich is on there.
so i said i know the album. knowing the album usually means having heard the album more than once, knowing favorite songs of it... it does usually not mean to know how each track was recorded and what underwear the artist wore when he wrote the song.

to answer your question: get out my way sounds wack if you have a pair of working ears. that shit is executed amateurish but it doesnt even matter cause the sample is wack anyway. sounds like the music they play in circus when all the freaks come out to play as an encore

i know what im talking about, you seem to know what you are talkin about, that you dont like my opinion is one thing but frontin on me without any apparent reason just because i asked a question is another.

getting butthurt cause i didnt study Cormega and calling me a faggot.
blah blah blah...

keep backsliding if you want kid, you're the idiot who typed that shit, not me.

and you are a faggot. that has nothing to do with mega either.

cormega is FAR from my favorite mc kiddo...keep typing worthless diatribes if you want, you still a newjack faggot either way and i'm done wasting time on you.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

blah blah new jack blah blah faggot blah

nice comeback, good that you have so much reasoning except faggot.

but good you call it quits, this wouldnt lead anywhere anyway.