58%
Funcrusher Plus
42%

Total votes: 79

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

ackbar wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:
Icesickle wrote:I've never heard Funcrusher Plus in its entirety, but I like some of the singles and that DJ Premier remix of that song off it a lot.
:upload:
pretty sure such a thing doesn't exist..
he put 8 steps to perfection on that one mixtape tho
:sad:

Oh, and, with regards to Vast Aire... you at least gotta give the dude credit for the opening lines to "Dr. Hellno and the Praying Mantus"...

"What the deal, Nasa?... touchin' yourself..."

The delivery is classic.

Thun

Post by Thun »

D. James wrote:
Paragraph President wrote:Lock thread.
Do you still own both albums?
Yes. Lock thread anyway.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

ackbar wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:
Icesickle wrote:I've never heard Funcrusher Plus in its entirety, but I like some of the singles and that DJ Premier remix of that song off it a lot.
yeah. he just cut it up, juggled it a bit on a mixtape of his. i'm not aware of any primo remix.

Thun

Post by Thun »

QWALMS wrote:
ackbar wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:
yeah. he just cut it up, juggled it a bit on a mixtape of his. i'm not aware of any primo remix.
He meant the version with the Marley Marl guest verse.

ric

Post by ric »

cold vein because it was a landmark sound that couldve potentially sucked but didnt because vast and vordul and el p rocked that shit....

funcrusher plus doesnt have the enjoyability factor cold vein does....

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

LOL at thinking 8 Steps To Perfection is a Primo beat.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
LOL at thinking 8 Steps To Perfection is a Primo beat.
:ohsh:

1. Zach De La Rocha
2. Marley Marl
3. This

Thun

Post by Thun »

He's going to defend himself by pointing out that a very common rip of the song from back in the Napster heyday labels it as a DJ Premier remix. Even so, to think that it's a Premier beat is absurd.

D. James

Post by D. James »

Premier knew what time it was as far as throwing "8 Steps to Perfection" on his mix tape. That shit had a lot of other dope shit on there as well, L the Head Toucha's shit was dope on there, Ed O.G.'s shit, Shades of Brooklyn's shit, etc. :naswtf: at the way motherfuckers are voting? The Cold Vein is a good album and one of the best of 01 or 02 or whenever the hell it came out but:

8 Steps to Perfection
Blind
track with RA the Rugged Man talking shit
The Tragedy of War (In Three Parts)
The Fire In Which You Burn
Crazy Kings
Last Good Sleep
Info Kill

And I don't know why everyone's trying to act like Zach de la Rocha can't spit. "Born of A Broken Man" is a better song than anything I've ever heard get discussed here (Well, actually, somebody did post a video of "Can't Truss It" once and somebody did mention "Time's Up" in one of these polls so those two songs are technically better but the vast majority of shit that gets discussed here aint seeing "Born of A Broken Man").

D. James

Post by D. James »

Also, the word "faggot" is used several times on Funcrusher Plus whereas it isn't used at all on The Cold Vein.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Paragraph President wrote:He's going to defend himself by pointing out that a very common rip of the song from back in the Napster heyday labels it as a DJ Premier remix. Even so, to think that it's a Premier beat is absurd.
Yep.

LOL at me getting "sonned" for not knowing who produced a Company Flow song. I never knew that mixing up who remixed a cut on an obscure underground nerd rap record was a sonnable offense.

citizen

Post by citizen »

Icesickle wrote:
Paragraph President wrote:He's going to defend himself by pointing out that a very common rip of the song from back in the Napster heyday labels it as a DJ Premier remix. Even so, to think that it's a Premier beat is absurd.
Yep.

LOL at me getting "sonned" for not knowing who produced a Company Flow song. I never knew that mixing up who remixed a cut on an obscure underground nerd rap record was a sonnable offense.
its the same beat though

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Icesickle wrote:
Yep.

uh, they're pretty much all produced by the same dude, save Lune TNS, and a few Johnny instrumentals. And since when was CoFlow obscure?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

bringinoutbangerz wrote: uh, they're pretty much all produced by the same dude, save Lune TNS, and a few Johnny instrumentals. And since when was CoFlow obscure?
I never owned Funcrusher Plus. I've just heard a few songs.

Obscure = a group that less that 1% of the population would even have a chance of knowing.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Icesickle wrote:
bringinoutbangerz wrote: uh, they're pretty much all produced by the same dude, save Lune TNS, and a few Johnny instrumentals. And since when was CoFlow obscure?

Obscure = a group that less that 1% of the population would even have a chance of knowing.
:slyfiddle:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Icesickle wrote:
Yep.

It's more that you can't identify DJ premier's signature sound though.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Just when you thought Ice upped the ante with the Marley Marl shit, he goes and commits the Cardinal Sin of hip-hop by being unable to indentify a Christopher Martin production.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Icesickle wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Just when you thought Ice upped the ante with the Marley Marl shit, he goes and commits the Cardinal Sin of hip-hop by being unable to indentify a Christopher Martin production.
Bullshit, I can spot a Coldplay song from 3 barrio blocks away.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Paragraph President wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
Yep.

The last time I heard that song was 5-6 years ago. It said it was produced by Premier. Calm down.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Icesickle wrote:
Paragraph President wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
Yep.

The last time I heard that song was 5-6 years ago. It said it was produced by Premier. Calm down.
Perfectly calm. Just clarifying. The fact is that you just don't know this music genre very well. That's all.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

drizzle wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Just when you thought Ice upped the ante with the Marley Marl shit, he goes and commits the Cardinal Sin of hip-hop by being unable to indentify a Christopher Martin production.
:grin:

DLG

Post by DLG »

T-Wrex wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
:grin:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Icesickle wrote:

I believed the first album pushed like 200,000 plus copies supposedly worldwide. And was out of print for years except on tape so who knows what it could've done. Not exactly DJ Toomp status, but they were reviewed in the Source and all that. Cats knew about Co-Flow that never knew about Def Jux or any of El's solo work. Not to say they were "all that" or anything, but as far as spaced out apocalyptic off beat nerd rap goes (which I assumed was your specialty since we know it's not the Juice Crew), they're pretty big.

:icedit: but yeah, the big fuck up was definitely thinking that it was a Premier beat.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

richard lamplighter

Post by richard lamplighter »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Icesickle wrote:

I believed the first album pushed like 200,000 plus copies supposedly worldwide. And was out of print for years except on tape so who knows what it could've done. Not exactly DJ Toomp status, but they were reviewed in the Source and all that. Cats knew about Co-Flow that never knew about Def Jux or any of El's solo work. Not to say they were "all that" or anything, but as far as spaced out apocalyptic off beat nerd rap goes (which I assumed was your specialty since we know it's not the Juice Crew), they're pretty big.

:icedit: but yeah, the big fuck up was definitely thinking that it was a Premier beat.
the best thing about ice, & this is where he does the most damage against himself, is the way he defends himself instead of just being like oh, my bad. yeah, he made a mistake, but he's not a faggot, or so he tries to explain, proving every time without fail that he unquestionably is.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

B. Ware. I haven't heard the song in 6 years. It said, on the track, that it was produced by Premier. I don't remember how the track sounded, I just remember it was good. Don't see what this has to do with me not knowing it's a Premier beat. If you saw something that said "produced by DJ Premier" would you just assume they were lying even if it didn't have that traditional DJ Premier sound?

wheels

Post by wheels »

If it was 8 steps to perfection, then yeah. I'll up it

Weezy F's Babay

Post by Weezy F's Babay »

tough choice