DO YOU REMEMBER where you were when 2Pac DIED?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Money Gripp

DO YOU REMEMBER where you were when 2Pac DIED?

Post by Money Gripp »

I'm not a big 2Pac fan and I certainly didn't wish death upon him, but one of the TOP 5 funniest cultural/political events of my generation was 2Pac dying. Hands down.

It had nothing to do with the man himself or his death, but the reactions of kids my age the day after they pronounced him dead were amazing. There were wigger/wanna-be thug kids at my high school openly crying and consoling one another as they listlessly closed their locker doors which were adorned with 2Pac pictures clipped from The Source, Vibe, Tiger Beat, Sassy, etc.

I wish I could go back in time with a camera and record the reactions of 2Pac fans the day after he died - like Shane Coyle, a 5'6" Irish wigger who sported a bandana, Fubu clothes, and sold drugs to kids in the bathroom between classes. He was actually a pretty tough kid, despite his herbish whiggerosity, but even he was legitimately broken-up. I found the whole thing incredibly amusing.

So thanks for the laughs, Pac. I hope there's a heaven for white thugs. :lol:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Definitely an absurd cultural phenomenon, similar to when Cobain passed.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Yeah, my school more or less shut down with hella girls running around and crying, hunting out other dumb broads to group hug with in the hallways.

The Wrist

Post by The Wrist »

i was going to highschool in the catskills region of upstate NY when 2pac was killed...

i think approximately 2 people in my entire school cared or noticed

wiggerism hadn't become anywhere near cool yet in the sticks at that point...sounds like i missed out some hilarity

Thun

Post by Thun »

I remember a bunch of bitches crying but not much more.

adverse

Post by adverse »

i was in 9th grade some dude told me at school. don't remember much more
ImageImage

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

i was in 7th grade, shit was not that big of a deal, few heads wore r.i.p shirts the next day but no crazy shit like people crying or posters or anything

however in 6th grade when OJ was found not guilty we shut that bitch down...

RMLondon

Post by RMLondon »

When Cobain died a goth girl in my Guitar Ensemble class cut "R I P C O B A I N" into her arm before class and spent the entire period chewing on ink pens and rubbing the ink into her cut to make a tattoo.

Ryde Or Dye.

:rockout:

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

i was in Vegas

i've said too much :megaman:

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

ha...i love when this thread pops up on forums. memories, memories...

i was at a party having a good time when the MTV newsflash popped up an hour or two into it and i heard the news. i FUCKIN HATED pac at the time (still don't care for him much but hate his obsessive, pathetic stans more and son them anytime they bother me) so i was all happy yelling "yes, that nigga is dead." i was strictly east coast back then so i hated pac and suge and them for them dissing NY and shit so i was hoping dude would die and i got my wish. shit was great for real. some kids were looking at me with the screwface and some girls were like "OH MY GOD" but most didn't care and kept partying. after that i went back to smoking and had a drank or two, hooked up with this chick i wanted for awhile and enjoyed the rest of my night. my birthday was on the 15th so i always thought of that night being a birthday present for me. :twisted:

now that i look back on it, i mighta been fucked up to think like that...actually nah i wasn't. fuck pac...
Last edited by DredScott on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i was in one of homie's cars off to a house party that he was djin' and he mentiioned it when we were almost there.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

I was heading west with this nigga....

Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

haha Feifel on that g-funk tip

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

ObeseJesus wrote:haha Feifel on that g-funk tip
yep...

fievel goes westside.

hustler

Post by hustler »

DredScott wrote:ha...i love when this thread pops up on forums. memories, memories...

i was at a party having a good time when the MTV newsflash popped up an hour or two into it and i heard the news. i FUCKIN HATED pac at the time (still don't care for him much but hate his obsessive, pathetic stans more and son them anytime they bother me) so i was all happy yelling "yes, that nigga is dead." i was strictly east coast back then so i hated pac and suge and them for them dissing NY and shit so i was hoping dude would die and i got my wish. shit was great for real. some kids were looking at me with the screwface and some girls were like "OH MY GOD" but most didn't care and kept partying. after that i went back to smoking and had a drank or two, hooked up with this chick i wanted for awhile and enjoyed the rest of my night. my birthday was on the 15th so i always thought of that night being a birthday present for me. :twisted:

now that i look back on it, i mighta been fucked up to think like that...actually nah i wasn't. fuck pac...
:bunk:
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

hustler wrote:
DredScott wrote:ha...i love when this thread pops up on forums. memories, memories...

:bunk:
Does you posting that in response to what he said have anything to do with the fact that you're one of the fucking flaming wigger faggots being talked about in this thread?

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

96, that whole time was a blur to me.
i was living in chicago and then i moved to inglewood cali and then i back in brooklyn.
i remember a real uptight well dressed white businessman in ohare airport sayin, "well , oh my god , tu-(pack) has been shot dead"
i thought that was funny

mtv news

Post by mtv news »

i was taking a shit. my sister knocked on the door and told me. swear.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Re: DO YOU REMEMBER where you were when 2Pac DIED?

Post by thekeentwo »

Money Gripp wrote:Sassy
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i had a subscription :megaman:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

The Wrist wrote:i was going to highschool in the catskills region of upstate NY when 2pac was killed...

i think approximately 2 people in my entire school cared or noticed

wiggerism hadn't become anywhere near cool yet in the sticks at that point...sounds like i missed out some hilarity
substitute this for upstate PA and its the same where i grew up. i remember nothing about it really other than me finding out from MTV and a few of my friends caring

now when jerry garcia died.....

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I WAS IN MY IROC Z SMOKING WEED OUT OF A HIGHLIGHTER BOWL FIXING MY STERLING SILVER FIGGARO CHAIN WITH A PAPER CLIP WISHING THAT I HAD MONEY FOR ANOTHER 12" KICKER OR AT LEAST SOME NEW LUGZ.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

honestly i dont remember where i was. the only thing i remember was my parents asking me about it and responding that i didnt really listen to him

Stik Figa

Post by Stik Figa »

High School

girls cryin alot.

i second that statement chump change made about OJ tho, man we lost it! lol i remember seein my white teachers try to pull it together lol

admiral

Post by admiral »

i had a bottle of hennessy, ridin' on my enemies

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

admiral wrote:i had a bottle of hennessy, ridin' on my enemies
:lol:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

clapping

Req

Post by Req »

i turned to my brother and said 'lets go get Ice Cube'
F.U. MOOLAH

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I don't remember when he died but I remember the night he got shoot cuz I wasted like $40 on that bullshit Mike Tyson/Bruce Seldon fight.

ape9

Post by ape9 »

at my crib and my sister was all upset.. I thought it was crazy but I was really into mobb deep when he passed so it didnt faze me.. but when Pun died i was a little shook..... dude was one of my favorite rappers..

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I was at home. Conspiracy was the one who told me. Someone called him on the phone, and he came downstairs and told us.

I rolled up some weed and smoked it in his memory. Threw on some Pac too, I think... 1996 is kind of a blur, but I do remember that.

I was at my grandma's house watching the news when they announced Biggie's death. I was pissed.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;