new Nas song - Be A Nigger Too

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

mud

Post by mud »

Liger Woods wrote:not as good as MB thinks, not as bad as everyone seems to think.

not what i personally want to hear from nas. but i'll put it on the ipod.
Nicely put.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

hired gun wrote:Racism cannot simply be eliminated with an ego boost, and a warm hug and cookies from Bill and Oprah. Racism is a systemic socio-political structure/infrastructure that has evolved from the simplistic idea of "hateful words". Racism is an educational system unbalanced and designed to continually constrict opportunity from a group of individuals caught inside a specific environmental parameter such as the inner city. A place mind you engineered to be susceptible to crime, corruption, and lost opportunities, moreso comparably then other parts of the country. That place is by the way a much harsher and harder place to elevate from...yet the standards that these individuals are judged by are not changed, compensated or even changed. That is racism....and the silly notion that "If I just believe in myself" it will go away...completely ignores the hard realities of police brutality, mandatory drug sentencing, racial profiling, city mismanagement, urban decay and planning etc...

The word retains its power because beyond the history it invokes, (and again...history that is still relevant since the the political and social apparatus that allowed for segregation and discrimination remains though altered largely intact ) it is an ever present reminder of the conditions that many of us live in, under and what we still have to literally put up with. I hate when people especially black people act as if we are all sitting around and whining, or moping about a word....the truth is we are angry about that with all the advancements human thinking still hasn't evolved, and social justice has not evolved to completely correct what should of never have happened in the first place. That word is synonymous with struggle...
:copy: :copy: :copy:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Mindbender, you're nearly 35 years old now. It's time to stop living your life by basing your world views around the lyrics of rappers, particularly confused idiotic rappers who ran out of ideas 4 years ago that are now tangling themselves in a web of their own contradictions with inane sloganeering.

Funniest rap video of '08 thus far isn't the Eli Porter battle or any of 50's videos to Joe it's the one of Nas hand-in-hand with Kelis in matching NIGGER shirts on the red carpet stumbling over words trying to explain the concept of his new LP.

D. James

Post by D. James »

This song is good. I think the beat is atrocious but Nas is bringing some real shit. I doubt he'll have real shit like this over the course of an entire album but I'd love to be proven wrong.

D. James

Post by D. James »

I Drive A Lexus wrote: Funniest rap video of '08 thus far isn't the Eli Porter battle or any of 50's videos to Joe it's the one of Nas hand-in-hand with Kelis in matching NIGGER shirts on the red carpet stumbling over words trying to explain the concept of his new LP.
:lol:

That was funny. Song is still good though.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Mindbender, you're nearly 35 years old now. It's time to stop living your life by basing your world views around the lyrics of rappers, particularly confused idiotic rappers who ran out of ideas 4 years ago that are now tangling themselves in a web of their own contradictions with inane sloganeering.

Funniest rap video of '08 thus far isn't the Eli Porter battle or any of 50's videos to Joe it's the one of Nas hand-in-hand with Kelis in matching NIGGER shirts on the red carpet stumbling over words trying to explain the concept of his new LP.
ha ha, i don't live by Nas's words at all. I honestly think he's a bit more confused than me, but he still makes music I love.

people need to live by my words: "I'm already in heaven with the answer to the question you're dying to ask" :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Can't believe this thread has reached page numero tres and Binary or Panama are nowhere to be seen.

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

not bad, but he should have had a dj cut that hook line from eazy e, it would be much better in my opinion. that's how my remix will be like if someone can find me an acapella.
Last edited by e-styles on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

If you caught NYOILג€™s ג€œWhat Up My Wigger Wiggaג€ last year you might catch some major deja vu when you heard the hook of Nasג€˜ new song yesterday. A case of straight chomping or great minds thinking alike? Unkut Dot Com asked NYOIL to speak his piece on the topic:

Nas is that nigga!

Yeah yג€™all Nas is that nigga with his title screen printed on a black tee repping for Niggas world wide!

Iג€™ve always said that from time to time in the creative stream of things there comes an artist that breaks the mold. That steps to the status quo and smashes itג€™s protective walls as if they were building blocks. That artist like this create the atmosphere for change in whatever industry they occupy. Artist like these establish a foundation that inspires other artist to free themselves of the yoke that was the stat quo. They in their own way speak Truth to power and shine a searing light on the lies and mediocrity that blind us.

But let me be clear Nas is not that nigga.

When an artist like this comes along he strikes fear into the hearts of the gatekeepers. In laymanג€™s terms Record execs shit bricks because their cookie cutter artist wont cut it any longer. They may actually be required to do what theyג€™re paid to and develop talent. Search for talent and ultimately, GOD FORBID, give the PEOPLE what they want. This has happened before people. The upheaval an artist like this causes is unacceptable to the gatekeepers of the status quo. You see, thereג€™s a lot of money in keeping your kids dumb at stake. So labels have devised a nefarious technique to counteract the effect of these types of artist.

But before I go on I must stress that Nas is NOT that nigga.

The technique for counteracting these artist is as follows. They will never sign, do business with, or even acknowledge the Artist of Change. If pressed they will admit to having ג€œbeen up onג€ this Artist in a hallow attempt at affirming their hipness. When asked if they plan on working with this artist they will give a random list of excuses not limited to ג€œHeג€™s hot butג€¦that kind of music doesnג€™t sellג€, ג€œSheג€™s the shitג€¦but people ainג€™t ready for thatג€, ג€œI wish I could bring them here but right now ג€˜insert corporate higher ups name hereג€™ is on some other shitג€ All the while they are changing pace, making adjustments, having conference calls, and restructuring. making the final preparations to counteract this Artist of Change. The end game plays like this: they find an artist on their current roster that they can refashion to fit the basic mold of the Artist of Change. If they dress him up like, or give him a similar message to the Artist of Change and put hundreds of thousands in promotional dollars behind the Stat Quo Artist they can undermine and even usurper the Artist of Change. You can always identify the Stat Quo Artist from the Artist of Change because when asked about his ג€œNew imageג€ or ג€œNew Directionג€ he is hard pressed to answer sincerely or intelligibly. In fact the Stat Quo Artist will blather on in circles clumsily during interviews stumbling over his own ignorance of what his ג€œNew Directionג€ is.

And after hearing your interviews, seeing the title of your upcoming LP, and hearing your ג€œleakedג€ song ג€œBe A Nigger Tooג€ I can say without doubtג€¦.

Nas you are THAT nigga!

Nas youג€™re that nigga that pretends to have a grasp on the social quagmire that our people are stuck in and yet cannot for the life of you articulate or justify your position on this obvious plea for controversy. Does this brother realize that his attempts at diffusing the word ג€œNiggerג€ by making it some all inclusive colloquialism to represent all races is as weak as the beat he spit it too? Does he realize that when Robert Schwartz decides to stop being a nigger all he has to do is change his look. maybe trade in the bapes and backpack put on a suit and heג€™s right and exact. When Robert Yung decides heג€™s no longer a nigga he can be whatever an person of Asian decent can be in the country stereo types not withstanding. When Robert Rodriguez decides to stop being a nigger he can become a proud man of Latin descent. However for Robert Jenkins whoג€™s grandparents where NIGGERS, blown over by fire hoses and beat within an inch of their lives, when the term meant what it will always mean despite his attempts to make it a term of endearment. Whom despite his affluence or allegiance has to be as scared as a runaway slave when pulled over for driving black or shopping black, or standing in a group of more than 3 in his own neighborhood while black or any of the number of things blacks can do innocently while being black and end up dead because the cop who shot him 50 times like Shawn Bell or 42 like Amadou Diallo didnג€™t consider himself a niggerג€¦Weג€™re the only race that embraces our disgrace, and now you would have everyone else sing along with us in our shame.

My nigga Nas.

Youג€™ve been everything they ever told you to be. Nasty Nas, Nastradamas, Nas Escobar. And now youג€™re their Nigga.

At what point are you going to be a man?

Last year I put out a song called ג€œWhat up my Wigger Wigga!ג€ It spoke to people of all races that have used the term nigga so cavalier by using the racist terms that are assigned to their respective races. I was blown away at how similar our two songs were. However yours held the exact opposite message. It was at that moment I realized who Nas was, and who I was.

Sam Cooke sang it bestג€¦ג€A change gone comeג€.

You would do well to heed those words.

Come back brotherג€¦

You can contact NYOIL over at nyoil1.ning.com
:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :killacam: :ironmike:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

If you caught NYOILג€™s ג€œWhat Up My Wigger Wiggaג€ last year you might catch some major deja vu when you heard the hook of Nasג€˜ new song yesterday. A case of straight chomping or great minds thinking alike? Unkut Dot Com asked NYOIL to speak his piece on the topic:

Nas is that nigga!

Yeah yג€™all Nas is that nigga with his title screen printed on a black tee repping for Niggas world wide!

Iג€™ve always said that from time to time in the creative stream of things there comes an artist that breaks the mold. That steps to the status quo and smashes itג€™s protective walls as if they were building blocks. That artist like this create the atmosphere for change in whatever industry they occupy. Artist like these establish a foundation that inspires other artist to free themselves of the yoke that was the stat quo. They in their own way speak Truth to power and shine a searing light on the lies and mediocrity that blind us.

When an artist like this comes along he strikes fear into the hearts of the gatekeepers. In laymanג€™s terms Record execs shit bricks because their cookie cutter artist wont cut it any longer. They may actually be required to do what theyג€™re paid to and develop talent. Search for talent and ultimately, GOD FORBID, give the PEOPLE what they want. This has happened before people. The upheaval an artist like this causes is unacceptable to the gatekeepers of the status quo. You see, thereג€™s a lot of money in keeping your kids dumb at stake. So labels have devised a nefarious technique to counteract the effect of these types of artist.

The technique for counteracting these artist is as follows. They will never sign, do business with, or even acknowledge the Artist of Change. If pressed they will admit to having ג€œbeen up onג€ this Artist in a hallow attempt at affirming their hipness. When asked if they plan on working with this artist they will give a random list of excuses not limited to ג€œHeג€™s hot butג€¦that kind of music doesnג€™t sellג€, ג€œSheג€™s the shitג€¦but people ainג€™t ready for thatג€, ג€œI wish I could bring them here but right now ג€˜insert corporate higher ups name hereג€™ is on some other shitג€ All the while they are changing pace, making adjustments, having conference calls, and restructuring. making the final preparations to counteract this Artist of Change. The end game plays like this: they find an artist on their current roster that they can refashion to fit the basic mold of the Artist of Change. If they dress him up like, or give him a similar message to the Artist of Change and put hundreds of thousands in promotional dollars behind the Stat Quo Artist they can undermine and even usurper the Artist of Change. You can always identify the Stat Quo Artist from the Artist of Change because when asked about his ג€œNew imageג€ or ג€œNew Directionג€ he is hard pressed to answer sincerely or intelligibly. In fact the Stat Quo Artist will blather on in circles clumsily during interviews stumbling over his own ignorance of what his ג€œNew Directionג€ is.

And after hearing your interviews, seeing the title of your upcoming LP, and hearing your ג€œleakedג€ song ג€œBe A Nigger Tooג€ I can say without doubtג€¦.

Nas you are THAT nigga!

Nas youג€™re that nigga that pretends to have a grasp on the social quagmire that our people are stuck in and yet cannot for the life of you articulate or justify your position on this obvious plea for controversy. Does this brother realize that his attempts at diffusing the word ג€œNiggerג€ by making it some all inclusive colloquialism to represent all races is as weak as the beat he spit it too? Does he realize that when Robert Schwartz decides to stop being a nigger all he has to do is change his look. maybe trade in the bapes and backpack put on a suit and heג€™s right and exact. When Robert Yung decides heג€™s no longer a nigga he can be whatever an person of Asian decent can be in the country stereo types not withstanding. When Robert Rodriguez decides to stop being a nigger he can become a proud man of Latin descent. However for Robert Jenkins whoג€™s grandparents where NIGGERS, blown over by fire hoses and beat within an inch of their lives, when the term meant what it will always mean despite his attempts to make it a term of endearment. Whom despite his affluence or allegiance has to be as scared as a runaway slave when pulled over for driving black or shopping black, or standing in a group of more than 3 in his own neighborhood while black or any of the number of things blacks can do innocently while being black and end up dead because the cop who shot him 50 times like Shawn Bell or 42 like Amadou Diallo didnג€™t consider himself a niggerג€¦Weג€™re the only race that embraces our disgrace, and now you would have everyone else sing along with us in our shame.

My nigga Nas.

Youג€™ve been everything they ever told you to be. Nasty Nas, Nastradamas, Nas Escobar. And now youג€™re their Nigga.

Last year I put out a song called ג€œWhat up my Wigger Wigga!ג€ It spoke to people of all races that have used the term nigga so cavalier by using the racist terms that are assigned to their respective races. I was blown away at how similar our two songs were. However yours held the exact opposite message. It was at that moment I realized who Nas was, and who I was.

Come back brotherג€¦

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Nas is that nigga!

Nas you are THAT nigga!

My nigga Nas.

Come back brotherג€¦

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ALASKA and hired gun pretty much had the best points in this thread. The verses are ill. The beat sounds so-so. The hook is :lol: but it has a point; especially the last part. Hate it or love it, it got these fools talking. And the fact that it does sound familiar to something NYOIL would do is a :copy: .
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

Nas is that nigga!

Nas you are THAT nigga!

My nigga Nas.

Come back brotherג€¦

we should open an Articles section for this

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

i dont know whether this is funny or just retarded.

nas is insane. he has one of the best flows ever but he writes the tritest shit and has the worst beats

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

rhickey wrote:i dont know whether this is funny or just retarded.

nas is insane. he has one of the best flows ever but he writes the tritest shit and has the worst beats
:omgracist:

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

this track was decent overall,but kinda good for Nas right now.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

Nas is that nigga!

Nas you are THAT nigga!

My nigga Nas.

Come back brotherג€¦

NYOIL Ethers :naswtf:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

damn, i thought the song was pretty good.

yeah the hook was pretty bad but it wasn't bad enough for me to dislike the song as a whole.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:damn, i thought the song was pretty good.

yeah the hook was pretty bad but it wasn't bad enough for me to dislike the song as a whole.
People hate Nas.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Magneto wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:damn, i thought the song was pretty good.

People hate Nas.
Aint that the truth. With that being said....he might of bit off more then he can chew with the topic. Other then spitting out general cliche's on more serious social topics in recent years (post stillmatic) as opposed to how he dealt with certain conditions within the inner city and black america in his music, Nas hasn't shown he's equipped to go at this. With that being said, I dont know if there is an artist currently that can well. Aside from me :lol: (shameless plug..."The People's Verses" dropping in August....http://www.freshrootsmusic.com).
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Nas you are THAT nigga!

My nigga Nas.

:copy: to the fullest.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

beat makes it impossible for nas to gain any credibility...shocked at how lazy this beat is....if nas doesn't realize he has to get some gritty production on this it won't work in my opinion

Juice

Post by Juice »

Not good, but not that bad as people here make it.I like the beat, well at least one section of it.Far as lyrics go, as stated by IDAL Nas ran out of ideas long time ago, but still manages to come up with a decent album like HHIS and bangers like Surviving teh times.The Nas hate is pretty big considering how many people here worship him as one of the best mc`s of all time.

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

justed listened...

Garbage
http://bondfireradio.com #thefutureofradio