Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

I'm gonna steal Reggie's steez for a second:

The Good

The Bad

The Mediocre

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

And the award for most respectable and admirable white dude in the history of hip-hop goes to...

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

who is that?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

ALASKA wrote:who is that?
Paul C

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

i didn't know will high was white.

:rofl:

:lastweek:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Xaula Zany wrote:When I first went to college I adorned my room with Malcom X posters and an Eric B & Rakim poster. I wasn't there when my roomate (who was unknown to me) arrived. When I stepped in the room you should have seen the look on his face. But to vary from the Jamal storyline I didn't greet him with, "What up, BLACK?!"

How about Axle Rose sporting the NWA shirt?
I respect you, brother. But PLEASE SPELL MALCOLM X'S NAME RIGHT when proclaiming to be down ass. :rofl:

maybe you're just not a good speller, as evidenced by your botching of 'Axle' as well.

:killacam:

you get a pass
:cool:
ALASKA wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:Serch also made Product Of The Environment, was the only cracka at the rooftop and Latin Quarters, put KMD on and has one of the illest collections of kicks ever. One of my favorite whiggaz.

The Beasties, Paul C, Jerry Heller, Stu Fine, Pete Nice, R.A from Stanley Kubrick onwards, Bubba Sparxx, Paul Wall - all good with me.

Unfortunately, though, we have the other side of the coin...

the question is: how can some white people get it so right (El-P, Cage, Alaska, etc.), and other white people get it so wrong?!?! (Vanilla Ice, that god awful Jamie Kennedy douche, every white kid in a TV commercial featuring hip hop, etc.)
because you didnt get to see us during our periods of getting it wrong...hahaha

but the next question is: when do you jump the shark from whigger to down ass?

once you stop caring if black people like you
:spidey:
you wear your "jazz-cool Whiteman Blackness" well, my good sir.

you also could have answered "once you are the same person when hanging out with white people and black people separately"
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Hater

Re: Without Wiggers Hip-Hop Wouldn't Have Survived

Post by Harry Hater »

Philaflava wrote:me

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Xaula Zany wrote:When I first went to college I adorned my room with Malcom X posters and an Eric B & Rakim poster. I wasn't there when my roomate (who was unknown to me) arrived. When I stepped in the room you should have seen the look on his face. But to vary from the Jamal storyline I didn't greet him with, "What up, BLACK?!"

How about Axle Rose sporting the NWA shirt?
I respect you, brother. But PLEASE SPELL MALCOLM X'S NAME RIGHT when proclaiming to be down ass. :rofl:

maybe you're just not a good speller, as evidenced by your botching of 'Axle' as well.

you get a pass
:cool:
ALASKA wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: the question is: how can some white people get it so right (El-P, Cage, Alaska, etc.), and other white people get it so wrong?!?! (Vanilla Ice, that god awful Jamie Kennedy douche, every white kid in a TV commercial featuring hip hop, etc.)
because you didnt get to see us during our periods of getting it wrong...hahaha

but the next question is: when do you jump the shark from whigger to down ass?

once you stop caring if black people like you
:spidey:
you wear your "jazz-cool Whiteman Blackness" well, my good sir.

you also could have answered "once you are the same person when hanging out with white people and black people separately"
well obviously you have never been around whites when they are in their natural element, we only talk about stocks and conservative politics :)

Xaula Zany

Post by Xaula Zany »

haha my bad. You're right. That was a bad slip. I do know how to spell Brother Malcolm's name but I had to take wild guess at Axle. Axel. Asshole. However it's spelled.

My mom left a quote in my high school yearbook when I graduated and it was a Malcolm quote. She was sweet. She was letting me know that she is down with the cause as well. Haha.

To follow up on the college roomate story, he was from Maine. One day he was explaining to his friend how he "nigger-rigged" our television antenna. This was probably the definitive turning point of our roomie relationship. He explained how it wasn't racist to say that and I explained how dumb he is. I could have used better tact, but hell...whatever.

His high school sweetheart ended up leaving him for a black dude at the end of the semester which was sweet.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Xaula Zany wrote:One day he was explaining to his friend how he "nigger-rigged" our television antenna. This was probably the definitive turning point of our roomie relationship. He explained how it wasn't racist to say that and I explained how dumb he is. I could have used better tact, but hell...whatever.

His high school sweetheart ended up leaving him for a black dude at the end of the semester which was sweet.
how apropos

Rah-Love

Post by Rah-Love »

Money Gripp wrote:And the award for most respectable and admirable white dude in the history of hip-hop goes to...

Totally forgot about Paul C.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Xaula Zany wrote:haha my bad. You're right. That was a bad slip. I do know how to spell Brother Malcolm's name but I had to take wild guess at Axle. Axel. Asshole. However it's spelled.

My mom left a quote in my high school yearbook when I graduated and it was a Malcolm quote. She was sweet. She was letting me know that she is down with the cause as well. Haha.

To follow up on the college roomate story, he was from Maine. One day he was explaining to his friend how he "nigger-rigged" our television antenna. This was probably the definitive turning point of our roomie relationship. He explained how it wasn't racist to say that and I explained how dumb he is. I could have used better tact, but hell...whatever.

:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

Blacks don't really control anything, not even rap music. How could ANYTHING be "nigger-rigged"?!

(I saw the term before I read it all. Wow, still. Thought I heard 'em all. I only heard "nigger-lipped" as in sopping the end of a cigarette with saliva. Bleh.)

A TV antenna? :rofl:

and yeah... LOVE to hear that the racist's mudsharking girlfriend birthed her destiny's child and went black :rickjames: .

NEVER GO BACK, GIRL! NEVER GO BACK

o ya, it's spelled "AXL Rose", big homie Xauly

anyone cop them new Chinese Democracy tracks yet? :rockout:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Big dog, Tim Westwood...

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Malcombex10mg would be a good name for a prank account.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: How could ANYTHING be "nigger-rigged"?!

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

isnt nigger rigged a construction term??? based around the idea of throwing some shit together haphazardly to make it work for the time being?

Spartan

Re: ...

Post by Spartan »

Mark 563 wrote:Big dog, Tim Westwood...

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

I thought it was AXL.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Does anyone remember Jack The Rapper?

http://www.daveyd.com/articlejackrapper.html

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

reevolution wrote:I thought it was AXL.
yeah it is. that's what i wrote, innit?
HomeSkillet wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: How could ANYTHING be "nigger-rigged"?!
is that electrical tape?

that's equally fucking HORRIBLE and DOPE :rofl:

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

without white people loving this shit, it still would probably be a gang of house parties in the hood in the Bronx, 30 years later, LOL

all the labels had white investors in the beginning. Tommy Boy too, right? Them Silverman cats...

and white rappers almost ALWAYS sold greatly to their own people, on the low. 3rd Bass and the Beastie Boys were going gold and platinum since the 80's. They were good, but they also were white. Which helps. :ironmike:
Yeah, what would us poor darkies be without the great white man! Carry on with slapping yourselves on the back how you civilized the world.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
without white people loving this shit, it still would probably be a gang of house parties in the hood in the Bronx, 30 years later, LOL

all the labels had white investors in the beginning. Tommy Boy too, right? Them Silverman cats...

and white rappers almost ALWAYS sold greatly to their own people, on the low. 3rd Bass and the Beastie Boys were going gold and platinum since the 80's. They were good, but they also were white. Which helps. :ironmike:
Yeah, what would us poor darkies be without the great white man! Carry on with slapping yourselves on the back how you civilized the world.
ahh yes, the white man, civilizing the world for over a millenium. good job white man

cuntface

Post by cuntface »

i read a t-ray interview where he said he was going to sign nas and serch wasn't interested til he saw someone might make money off him

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

alot of cards being shown here and nearly none being pulled

i feel like i'm in the fucking twilight zone

PEACE

the R

Post by the R »

boogie shoes

Post by boogie shoes »

I all ways trip out that people use the term wigger because I always felt it implied that people using it think of blacks as Ni$$ers. But In any case at the top of your post you say your using it loosely I guess meaning whites in hip hop.

weve left out Sam Sever and Dante Ross I love that some one posted that flick of min who is the 2.0 beta version of fuzz one. Also Jon Schecter (Phila shame on you for leaving this philly ledgend out) from the source Dave Mayz doesnt qualify but matt life does.

i remember when the default name for any white person into hip hop was simply , beastie boy.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

from my stand point its a very tongue and cheek thread.

sam sever is great by the way, he threw the release party for our first album. he is a champ.

Xaula Zany

Post by Xaula Zany »

boogie shoes wrote:I all ways trip out that people use the term wigger because I always felt it implied that people using it think of blacks as Ni$$ers. But In any case at the top of your post you say your using it loosely I guess meaning whites in hip hop.
I do agree that it's a shitty term and I never use it. It also sounds dumb. It's like if you want to insult someone and you call them a dweeb. It just doesn't work right. It makes you look like the asshole for even saying it.

Alas, the template and premise was set and we all jumped in.

Now how about that AXL Rose guy?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Yeah it's definitely on some tongue n cheek shit. We all pretty much knew going into this that we're just listing the crackas that helped preserve this music. But "wigger" is a funny term but sounds really silly. I prefer mudshark.