Termanology - Politics As Usual (Tracklisting and Cover)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

bun b fits perfect on how we rock. just heard it. dope song.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

Maybe Large Professor will produce your next keystyle, Gloss.

step one

Post by step one »

its worth noting that a lot of artists could get a similar line up of producers but for reasons known only to themselves, wont.

The Bza
O.G. Status

Post by The Bza »

ardamus wrote:as much as you muthafuckas hate him, his name sure does come up alot. never heard him once but that line-up looks pretty fuckin' dope.
Agreed, he's close with Premier and Statik Selektah so he's always going to get good beats. He's not a bad emcee - not the greatest - but it's listenable. Makes me laugh how people that used to like Term (like Gloss) now see him as the son of satan or something and would rather jock some trashy down sarf hip hop.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The Bza wrote:
ardamus wrote:as much as you muthafuckas hate him, his name sure does come up alot. never heard him once but that line-up looks pretty fuckin' dope.
Agreed, he's close with Premier and Statik Selektah so he's always going to get good beats. He's not a bad emcee - not the greatest - but it's listenable. Makes me laugh how people that used to like Term (like Gloss) now see him as the son of satan or something and would rather jock some trashy down sarf hip hop.
When did I ever "like" him?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Termanology is the rap equivalent of the movie Juno.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I like Termanology but that cover is shit lol....looks like a garbage photoshop

okkid

Post by okkid »

Honestly I am suprised with the amount of hate Termanology gets here.I actually think he is nice and has some dope patterns.Plus he def gets points for this production lineup.Album artwork is weak tho.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

term is dope. don't get the hate at all. haven't seen one actual solid reason to not like they guy except wishing nas and az had the same production lineup, but thats a terrible reason.

this album will be better than reks album.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Balzac wrote:term is dope. don't get the hate at all. haven't seen one actual solid reason to not like they guy except wishing nas and az had the same production lineup, but thats a terrible reason.

1) Horrible voice
2) Corny delivery
3) Corny/contrived lyrics
4) Completely unoriginal

You're rapidly approaching RBG status in terms of taste in hip hop.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Combo7 wrote: 1) Horrible voice
2) Corny delivery
4) Completely unoriginal
This is EXACTLY my beef. Its fun to hate so I'm sure I (we) do it more than we should in here. But truly this is why I don't really don't dig him and I'm more surprised others don't see it than those surprised about the "hate."

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Combo7 wrote: 1) Horrible voice
2) Corny delivery
4) Completely unoriginal
my co-signature will allow you to purchase the vehicle you desire.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

its just funny that all these top notch producers and rappers have no issues working with someone that corny and contrived. and don't say they were forced to because they are under the same management, cause no one is forced to work with anyone if they don't want to.

*edit*, after another quick scan of this this thread there are actually quite a few term supporters. thats good to see.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

I mean I really don't wanna hate but....this dude is straight ass-cheek.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

The Wrist wrote:the hate for him on this site fascinates me.......i've never seen anything like it outside of philaflava........

i mean he's not god's gift to rap by any means

but he's hardly the abomination some of ya'll make him out to be lol.....fun
agreed. i havent listened to most of his mixtapes, but his "Cameo King" joint was straight. I think he needs to fire his graphic designer, though.

What is it about him that makes y'all upset? It is the Big Pun comparisons? Almost every hispanic dude who's decent gets compared to Pun. (Joell is the only one who's anywhere close, though.)
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

I have nothing against Term', have bought the 12"s he's dropped, and will no doubt cop this new album.

Admittedly, the appeal is much more in the production (as with his previous singles), but I unlike most here, I haven't got anything against him as an emcee. That said, I've not listened to him over the course of a full album or mixtape.

The cover art is terrible and they should have included the remix to 'Watch How It Go Down'.