new poster here

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

apoc91

new poster here

Post by apoc91 »

what is the general population like here?? lots of gay jokes and shit or intelligent discussion? first impression is cool, i love the emoticons.

i was also wondering what heads thought of slaine from the house of pain / soul assassins camp

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :copy: :owens: :killacam: :ironmike: :naswtf: :larry: :ghostface: :doom: :rofl: :gyeah: :megaman: :lol: :arrow: :bow: :cheers: :roll: :phila: :wutang: :ohsh: :pause: :pause: :arrow: :arrow:

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

oh man

apoc91

Post by apoc91 »

nice, love the gladiator one. and the one of larry king and the two dudes doing i don't know what

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

there is no emoticon of a gladiator (that's mf doom). there is none of larry king (that's larry david). slaine is not apart of house of pain or soul assassins, he is apart of la coka nostra.

i either think you're a horrible gimmick account or you just have the worlds biggest balls to make a post like this. most people lurk until they're ready to pop their cherry. some people never post, but you felt compelled to let everyone know you're new and you then proceeded to go O for 3 in your attempts.

the only reason i approved your account was because i'm a huge fan of that p.e. album.

nice debut champ.

apoc91

Post by apoc91 »

sorry guys, i think slaine is part of la coka nostra which is the new house of pain

and sorry philaflava, but that mask is the mask from gladiator...mf doom wore it, because it resemble the marvel character from where he got his gimmick. he bought it at hot topic like everyone else.

larry david is what i meant.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

you wouldn't happen to be from another country would you?

apoc91

Post by apoc91 »

other than philly?

OkWeRdZ

Post by OkWeRdZ »

Philaflava wrote:there is no emoticon of a gladiator (that's mf doom). there is none of larry king (that's larry david). slaine is not apart of house of pain or soul assassins, he is apart of la coka nostra.

i either think you're a horrible gimmick account or you just have the worlds biggest balls to make a post like this. most people lurk until they're ready to pop their cherry. some people never post, but you felt compelled to let everyone know you're new and you then proceeded to go O for 3 in your attempts.

the only reason i approved your account was because i'm a huge fan of that p.e. album.

nice debut champ.
this should answer ur very first question perfectly.

.....run while u can.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

just ban this cornball

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

welcome apoc91 :lol:

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

I smell a legendary thread

apoc91

Post by apoc91 »

i have no beef and no "gimmick" just introducing myself

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

baptism by fire

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

apoc91 wrote:i have no beef and no "gimmick" just introducing myself

hustler

Post by hustler »

apoc91 wrote:i have no beef and no "gimmick" just introducing myself
apocfail91 :fail: :fail: :fail: :fail: :fail:
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

apoc91

Post by apoc91 »

Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:I smell a legendary thread
for this to be "legendary" to you guys, on a saturday evening, really says something

i have no beef, i just was introducing myself and asking about slaine. you guys are jerks so far.

:larry: - larry david
:ironmike: mike tyson
:doom: doom, but it is the spaniard's mask first
:killacam: cam'ron
:naswtf: nas
:owens: terrel owens? why?

these ones i know, and they are kinda outdated funny-ha-ha's so you should probably step this up instead of insulting new members.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

OkWeRdZ wrote:
Philaflava wrote:there is no emoticon of a gladiator (that's mf doom). there is none of larry king (that's larry david). slaine is not apart of house of pain or soul assassins, he is apart of la coka nostra.

nice debut champ.
this should answer ur very first question perfectly.

.....run while u can.
:ropeswing: :ropeswing: :ropeswing: :ropeswing: :ropeswing: Image
Sunday, April 13, 2008

EVERY MUSICIAN ON MYSPACE READ THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE NOW!
Current mood: annoyed as FUCK
Category: annoyed as FUCK Music

alright this message goes out to ALL musicians on myspace of any genre that is WASTING there time by promoting themselves on myspace in the wrong way and abusing this wonderful tool we have all been given. i am going to start pasting this into my replies to anyone that this aplies to. anyways here we go

"LISTEN TO MY MUSIC AND LEMME KNO WHAT YOU THINK!!"

this is the dumbest fucking message you can possibly send to someone, not only is it unprofessional and demanding of a total stranger....its just flat out dumb and desperate. let me elaborate:

The first problem is, stop asking random people to listen to your music its fuckign annoying...u need to be out there making moves so people want to listen to it without you hitting everyone up demanding it. if u do wanna let people kno u have a new track or soemthing THAT IS WHAT BULLETINS ARE FOR ASSHOLE!!!....please....oh please, learn to use them.

next is people tryign to live the fairy tail dream of asking artists you like to listen to your music and maybe theyll put you on or help get u signed or something...NO! they all get millions of messages a year witht hat same "check out my music and let me kno what you think" catch phrase and people dont give a shit its the same crap over and over so really its not getting u anywhere. its just wasting YOUR TIME, in the time it takes to send a "listen to my music and let me kno what you think" message to all of your myspace friends you could be writing new songs, promoting in more effective ways, networking, booking shows, signing up for battles, finding open mics and making real moves that will effect you in the long run.

so why waste all ur time doing somethin that just isnt producing results? get ur priorities straight!

some of you assholes dont even bother typing a message, u open the message and its just a giant flier of your album/show/newsong/whatever. or ull start with soemthing that SOUNDS like its custom like yo "YOURNAMEHERE" i love what ur doin man jus droppin by to SHOW LOVE.....oh and by the way heres a giant flier of my new album go listen to my tracks, add me, add my whole wack ass crew, sign my guets book, demand me to play in japan, do this do that do this do that....show love my ass u fucking spamming fucks!! STOP BEING FAKE. it DOES NOT WORK i promise you that. most of the time i block you,, delete you, and flag you for spam.

my suggestion is that if ur that fuckign desperate to ask people to listen to your music, instead of asking or demanding something....trying puttign together a nice bio or tell people why they should listen to ur music (aside frm it bein hot fire of course!) like maybe u just did a track with an artist they like or uv been in the game 10 years and have toured this area or this area or whatever give us some fuckign incentive here and dont approach people like an asshole be straight up and humble. same applies if yoru trying to hook up to do a song with an artist you like.

this brings us to the next segment:

COMMENTS:

first off i will never accept any comments with any kind of pictures whatsoever, and even if i did do u really think having a giant picture of ur album on my comments screen is gonna do anything for you?? people are gonna leave me a comment and be like "OH SHIT!! young bullet has a new album out!! featuring the whole click from get money and smoke a bitch records!!!"???? NO DUMBASS! again stop wastign ur time and learn to promote in more effective ways. neeeext:

KNOW WHEN TO PROMOTE:

ok so your 15 years old and have been rapping 6 months, now is NOT the time to be even promoting in the first place! rap for like 5 years get ur craft goin make some songs and moves and start promoting when u drop a project, we all dont need comments, banners, and messages everytime u drop a new battle freestyle u little dipshit go back to school.

NO IM NOT GONG TO BUY YOUR BEATS OR JOIN YOUR FUCKING FANCLUB

same aplies form the hot fire thing, if u wanna sell beats give a damn description of what you do (other than hot fire), how long uv been doin it, who uv made beats for get people excited man...and if ur selling th ehottest beats on myspace for 5$ a piece....just fuck right off please.

and just because i accepted your friend request doesnt mean im joinging ur fucking fanclub asshole. first off i dont even fucking kno you and chances ar ei hate ur music. 2nd....why the fuck do u even have a fan club? arent u that same 15 year old that sbeen rappin 6 months and doesnt even have an album out?? yall need to learn how the game works idiot ur not that important.

and just becaus ei accepted yoru friend request doesnt mean to send me a comment saying thanx for the support?? i just said i dotn even know you what the fuck? u can thank me for support when i tell you im supporting you.

i think that abotu sums it up, ill probly add more later but the point is im not trying to come off as a cocky asshole im trying to speka for the millions of people on myspace that get annoyed with your wack marketing techniques that are wasting everyones time and not working for you. i want to see you better your career...without annoying everyone. so please make a different plan and stop fucking up myspace. peace

- okwerdz
Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Okwerdz Bio

We are living in an era where it seems like everybody that you come across is an aspiring rapper. Many of the most talented rap artists often the lack the motivation and connections that more lackluster rhymers posses that will enable them to shine. However, combining both jaw-dropping artistry and good old fashioned hard nosed hustle, Okwerdz is a ray of hope for those who yearn to experience a rapper with mind blowing skills, mass appeal, and a tremendous work ethic to match.

Born and raised in Californiaג€™s central valley in ג€™murder capitalג€™ Stockton, CA- Okwerdz (known to his fans as Okweezy and friends as Brian Peeples)- utilizes a distinctly west coast swagger and an off-the-wall style unique to himself. He is able to simultaneously remain catchy and straight-forward with understandable and creative hooks and song concepts while delivering them in a dizzying array of complex patterns and rhymeschemes. He is able to sound comfortable over any type of track, and draws influence from all regions and styles of music giving his music a diverse and well structured feel. Okwerdz has worked on music with an impressively diverse roster of artists such as Kool G. Rap, E-40, Tech N9ne, Rahzel, DJ Green Lantern, Cappadonna, Casual and many more.

His style has proven to be quite influential to rhyme slingers worldwide, and Ok has always prided himself on being ground breaking. A genuine freestyle phenomenon, he is considered one of the most prolific and dominant battle emcees in the history of the west coast. He was one of the first Cali emcees to compete in Scribble Jam, was a runner-up in the legendary Rocksteady battle in NYC, and has shared the stage freestyling with icons such as Supernatural and Juice. He is such a respected member of the freestyle and battle communities that he often asked to judge major events, and speaks with an authoritative voice.

When he incorporates these impromptu rhymes into his action packed live sets, the crowd is enough amazed and won over for life. This stage show of Okג€™s is quite professional and he is able to keep the crowd engaged even without the use of a hypeman. This is perhaps due to his years of intense touring both domestically and internationally. Okג€™s international presence is so ubiquitous, that he even received a certified Gold Record for his contribution to Australian supergroup The Hilltop Hoods "Hard Road: Restrung" album. Okג€™s first project that he co-released himself with indie label Back Route Records "Random Acts of Music" in 2005 has moved over 4,000 units to date despite creative differences with the distribution company. His extremely creative/revolutionary Jackie Chan-themed concept EP ג€™Rush Hourג€™ has received over 40,000 downloads since its release in December 2007, including 30,500 in the first month. With a thriving myspace community, messageboard presence, and youtube channel full of exclusive footage, Okwerdz is inescapable on the internet.

Despite of all his accomplishments, Okwerdz remains down to earth, humble, and as hungry as ever. He is a man of his word, and completely dependable. He also has the charisma, sense of humor, and genuine star power required to captivate people from all walks of life. Okwerdz is as persistent as he is ambitious, so donג€™t expect him to slow down any time soon. When you juxtapose such a constant and deliberate hustle with such unadulterated passion, the result will be nothing less then total worldwide domination.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

apoc91 wrote:
for this to be "legendary" to you guys, on a saturday evening, really says something

i have no beef, i just was introducing myself and asking about slaine. you guys are jerks so far.

these ones i know, and they are kinda outdated funny-ha-ha's so you should probably step this up instead of insulting new members.

hustler

Post by hustler »

apoc91 wrote:

SHUT UP FAGGOT

apoc91

Post by apoc91 »

^ who is that guy he looks like bubba sparx or a pro wrestler

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

apoc91 wrote:^ who is that guy he looks like bubba sparx or a pro wrestler

Lyrical Gymnastics

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

Employee wrote:
apoc91 wrote:^ who is that guy he looks like bubba sparx or a pro wrestler
told you.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:rofl:

apoc91

Post by apoc91 »

so it is all gay jokes and nonsense. hmmm.

high school clicky shit but reverse-name-dropping a public enemy album by commenting on my screen name. which means you are way out of high school. grow up.

i had some shit to contribute, perhaps i'm not up on the inside jokes but i am new. glad i gave yalll somethin to do and entertain you. cannot believe how small your life must be if this entertains you. i bet you can't either. but u got each other.

peace. and :wutang: forever

hustler

Post by hustler »

he shoulda stay in the shade
Employee wrote:
apoc91 wrote:

hustler wrote:
apoc91 wrote:

SHUT UP FAGGOT

they bof did good but employee did GREAT.

hustler

Post by hustler »

apoc91 wrote:so it is all gay jokes and nonsense. hmmm.

high school clicky shit but reverse-name-dropping a public enemy album by commenting on my screen name. which means you are way out of high school. grow up.

i had some shit to contribute, perhaps i'm not up on the inside jokes but i am new. glad i gave yalll somethin to do and entertain you. cannot believe how small your life must be if this entertains you. i bet you can't either. but u got each other.

:owens:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

apoc91 wrote:so it is all gay jokes and nonsense. hmmm.

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

leave the kid alone...he can prolly hack some shit up.

Quality Control

Post by Quality Control »

* takes note....DEF NOT making a thread like this to introduce myself...LMFAO