Dr. Dre playa hating on his daughter's rap dreams?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Dr. Dre playa hating on his daughter's rap dreams?

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Manaj, daughter of legendary producer Dr. Dre, has announced the release of a web documentary chronicling her attempts to break in the music industry.

Despite having a Hip-Hop icon as a parent, 23-year-old Manaj claims her father has offered no support for her rap career aspirations in the documentary Daddy's Shadow.

In fact, Manaj emphasizes that Dre has objected to her dream since she signed her first label deal in 2006.

ג€œYou donג€™t want me to rap,ג€ a disappointed Manaj stated on the documentary to her father. ג€œBut youג€™re out here helping everyone else.ג€

Dr. Dre is currently focusing on having the much-delayed Detox ready for release by the end of this year.

Daddyג€™s Shadow was directed by Manaj and distributed by her record label TM Media Group, Inc.

The movie also offers behind the scenes information on her familyג€™s life away from the cameras.

The documentary was originally scheduled to come out in 2006, but was delayed when Dr. Dre allegedly stopped speaking to Manaj, due to the filmג€™s content.

Daddyג€™s Shadow is currently available for a $5.99 download at http://www.tmmediagroup.com/.
:naswtf: :naswtf:

that's some :bunk: if it's true
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

maybe shes wack.
and the only reason she got signed is due to the "Dre" factor?
im sure his "non-support" wont stop his name from being her main selling factor.

so anyways.
back to the broke rappers trying to make it...

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

come on, Mindbender, I for one don't want him to waste energy on his family, same goes for his son. Shes a punk for making a documentary like this.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

christian from austin

Post by christian from austin »

Manaj- How are you gonna name your daugther after a threesome?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Dre has prolly seen first hand what the rap game do to Femcees and as Daddy that's the last thing he wants his baby girl to be exposed to.

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

christian from austin wrote:Manaj- How are you gonna name your daugther after a threesome?
im pretty sure it was her idea of a rap name.
and after listening to her shit.
id understand why dre doesnt want to sign her.
shes rapping about "getting head" and shit.
what girls dad is gunna want to hear that.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

That's called GOOD PARENTING.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:That's called GOOD PARENTING.
But if Manaj is her real name...... :killacam:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

if i was dre's kid i wouldn't want to rap but i'd spend my time trying to be a real "dr." or some shit. maybe as a hobby i'd rap cuz i'd have access to a gang of equipment and fuck around.

j. halcyon

Post by j. halcyon »

i would bet dre's kids get slapped up if they touch a damn thing in here. sit down and be still. dude is to perfectionist to let "manaj" fuck with the knobs.
chillin at the table with my family/hypothetically/tryin to keep my mind off the economy

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Terrible.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

her: nigga bitch bitch. this bitch's tits. fuck suck lick. pussy vagina clit.

dre:

her: :owens:

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

her writing his earlier raps is probably why easy e said he was gay

Pizon

Re: Dr. Dre playa hating on his daughter's rap dreams?

Post by Pizon »

Manaj wrote:"You donג€™t want me to rap,ג€ a disappointed Manaj stated on the documentary to her father. ג€œBut youג€™re out here helping everyone else.ג€
:larry:
christian from austin wrote:Manaj- How are you gonna name your daugther after a threesome?
:killacam:

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I just watched the trailer and all I hafta say is.... :larry:

the R

Post by the R »

StressIzHim wrote:I just watched the trailer and all I hafta say is.... Image

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

I'm half-tempted to post 'Hood Surgeon's digits on here just for laughs. Of course I know one of you will tattle on me though.

It is kinda-pretty fucked up that Dre won't help his own kids come up in the music industry though. I wonder what he is expecting them to do for a living? If he even cares...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

yeah, the rap game's a fucking hellhole full of devilish pig-dogs and she-beasts who have no other intention than to rape you blind and leave your permanently broken. there is also a bad side. :cookiecookie:

but still: i believe any parent should support their child's dreams until death of the dream do the child part.

she gotta come out and have the world tell her she's wack before Dre should kill her career... if that's the case :killacam:

if Dr. Dre's daughter can't get help in hip hop... rap is outta control :rofl: :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

maybe he wants her to get a proper job.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

her name is manaj :naswtf:

must have been conceived in a threesome.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
yeah, the rap game's a fucking hellhole full of devilish pig-dogs and she-beasts who have no other intention than to rape you blind and leave your permanently broken. there is also a bad side. :cookiecookie:

but still: i believe any parent should support their child's dreams until death of the dream do the child part.

she gotta come out and have the world tell her she's wack before Dre should kill her career... if that's the case :killacam:

if Dr. Dre's daughter can't get help in hip hop... rap is outta control :rofl: :rofl:
Rap is not a viable career for 99.9999% of people who attempt it. Just like dreams of being an NBA player, parents should attempt to squelch and conquer them at the earliest possible point in time. Plant numerous seeds of doubt. Or just put up with the fact that your child will be a Billy Madison-esque running joke living off your wealth in the east wing of your house into their mid-40s when you die of stroke and they tear your mansion down to build an amusement park.

Tell that bitch to go to college.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

max prime

Post by max prime »

eh, does she have talent?

unless she raps as good as pharoah monch...poor career choice

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

dre aint really helpin 'hood surgeon' out with his career either is he? prolly cos they both wack and neither nigga got the music gene from dr. dre and he can tell. i bet if she told him, 'yo i want to be a mothafuckin orthodontist' he'd prolly spring for some dental school and shit yknow? she should just say that, and get him to cut a check for tuition, then drop the class, get the money back and then fund her subsequent flop of an album.

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

Manaj- How are you gonna name your daugther after a threesome?

that had me rollin~
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

lol, she's ridiculous.....al her pops is trying to do is keep her out of one of the most crooked businesses out there.....he prolly don't want her getting involved with those fucked up industry types and hangers-on.....it
s prolly for the best.....

she ain't really that talented a rapper either.....

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

thekeentwo wrote:her: nigga bitch bitch. this bitch's tits. fuck suck lick. pussy vagina clit.

dre:

her: :owens:
:rofl:

:rickjames: cold blooooded

Thun

Post by Thun »

Have any of you Rhodes Scholars and/or Nobel Prize Winners contemplated the shitstorm/PR disaster that would take over this man's life if his daughter released an album filled with overtly sexual, morally bankrupt lyrics? Do you not remember how extensively he has been vilified in the media for the promotion of misogynistic sentiments?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Paragraph President wrote:Have any of you Rhodes Scholars and/or Nobel Prize Winners contemplated the shitstorm/PR disaster that would take over this man's life if his daughter released an album filled with overtly sexual, morally bankrupt lyrics? Do you not remember how extensively he has been vilified in the media for the promotion of misogynistic sentiments?
that's the issue: Dre is damned if he do, damned if he don't.

of course I know why Dr. Dre isn't exactly putting 100% of his energy into pushing his daughter's rap music career. No male human being with a functioning brain in his skullcase would ask his own daughter to follow the same path Andre Young aka the producer of "Bitches Ain't Shit But Hoes And Tricks (Lick On These Nuts and Suck the Dick)" took to his dreams.

it's just :meh: that she's so vexed about the shitty situation that she came out and publicly said this.