General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

and yeah, he does look like a 40 year old Funk Docta Bombay :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

the puff rumor is true.
but i don't know if there was ever a dollar amount tagged to it.

eyedea's new album is pretty great.
him and abilities are really trippin' this time.

and somehow, even when posting something positive about a good friend of mine, provolone15 is my new least favorite poster.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sean wrote:the puff rumor is true.

earlier today i figured to google it to see if i could verify the rumor.

http://www.mvremix.com/urban/interviews/eyedea.shtml
MVRemix: There was a huge rumour surrounding Puffy approaching you with a deal at the Blaze battle. Is there any truth to that or is it just a rumour?

Eyedea: Nope, he never approached me.

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

sean wrote:
and somehow, even when posting something positive about a good friend of mine, provolone15 is my new least favorite poster.
I'm flattered.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Philaflava wrote:

MVRemix: There was a huge rumour surrounding Puffy approaching you with a deal at the Blaze battle. Is there any truth to that or is it just a rumour?

hmmmm.... well i will go along with what he said to mvremix.com
there must be a reason why he decided to say that to them.

so yeah. no truth to it.
total gossip.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

provoked15 wrote:
sean wrote:
I'm flattered.

:cheers:

MIKEY

Post by MIKEY »

First Born sucked but that other Oliver Hart album had some good songs on it.

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

He did good work on that new Kristoff Krane..

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

provoked15 wrote:i've seen him kill it live a few times now, they are enjoyable shows if you can catch one. Most recently I saw him with Homeboy Sandman, Deep from 2 hungry brother's, 8thw1, Picasso, and Educated Consumers.

All sets really rocked it.
I saw the show they did in DC with Educated. Shit was dope.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

ardamus wrote:
provoked15 wrote:i've seen him kill it live a few times now, they are enjoyable shows if you can catch one. Most recently I saw him with Homeboy Sandman, Deep from 2 hungry brother's, 8thw1, Picasso, and Educated Consumers.

Me too, wait till you see the footage of the crowd going nuts at Higher Ground in Burlington, VT, KNitting Factory was a great show, too...

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

SeanieCameras wrote:
ardamus wrote:

Me too, wait till you see the footage of the crowd going nuts at Higher Ground in Burlington, VT, KNitting Factory was a great show, too...
did you get the footage of Math Panda opening at the DC show? i was on stage freestyling a little bit.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

sean wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

so yeah. no truth to it.
total gossip.
Weird.

I seem to remember reading an interview where he revealed he was tempted by the Bad Boy deal but turned it down. It was in either Fat Lace or Big Daddy magazine or something.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Spartan wrote:
sean wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

so yeah. no truth to it.
total gossip.
Weird.

I seem to remember reading an interview where he revealed he was tempted by the Bad Boy deal but turned it down. It was in either Fat Lace or Big Daddy magazine or something.
If I read between the lines he was approached by Bad Boy, he did turn them down. Eyedea probably just got tired of that situation being the focus of most of his interviews and got sick of justifying it. Whatever his reason is, I would have walked to Juniors from Boca Raton for a cool milli.

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

abilities is fantastic. ive seen him a couple times in columbus when blueprint hosted hiffhop night at a local spot.

but oh man, this video is hilarious. i mean, abilities is rad, but i am distracted by the naked dancing girl and the frat boys dancing in the background. amazing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eCdubPz59DI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eCdubPz59DI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ANUBIS5

Post by ANUBIS5 »

I await the next album with open ears. The last three Eyedea albums were incredible and thought provoking. Those who don't get it don't get it. It's all about taste and everyone will always have a different opinion.

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

ardamus wrote:
SeanieCameras wrote:
ardamus wrote:

did you get the footage of Math Panda opening at the DC show? i was on stage freestyling a little bit.
No, I was upstairs doing the interview with EC, I did get a little bit of the cypher with you, Flex, Rosetta Stoned, some of the Math Panda/Food Collective guys...That was a fun night, you going to Z Trip or Brother Ali at the RNRH?

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

ardamus wrote:
SeanieCameras wrote:
ardamus wrote:

No, I was upstairs doing the interview with EC, I did get a little bit of the cypher with you, Flex, Rosetta Stoned, some of the Math Panda/Food Collective guys...That was a fun night, you going to Z Trip or Brother Ali at the RNRH?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

SeanieCameras wrote:
ardamus wrote:
SeanieCameras wrote:
ardamus wrote:

yeah, i should be. gotta promote for the album release party so, its pretty serious i'm there.

yeah, you got that footage? :ohsh: man, we need to link up then. that was a crazy night.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Didnt like First Born that much but the E&A album was pretty damn solid.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

WAIT A SECOND......MATH PANDA? MATH PANDA? SERIOUSLY MATH PANDA? YOU MUST BE FUCKING JOKING.....

Mental Stamina

Post by Mental Stamina »

SeanieCameras wrote:No, I was upstairs doing the interview with EC, I did get a little bit of the cypher with you, Flex, Rosetta Stoned, some of the Math Panda/Food Collective guys...That was a fun night, you going to Z Trip or Brother Ali at the RNRH?
that's what's up, let me get that footage whenever you get the time
My Sites:

DC Rap - http://www.dcrap.com
Hip Hop Database - http://www.hhdb.com
Rosetta Stoned - http://www.myspace.com/rosettas

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

eyedea was alive in 1981?

BigCat8

Re: E&A

Post by BigCat8 »

provoked15 wrote:His song "Bottle Dreams" is a well known piece[citation needed] about a sexually abused violin prodigy who commits suicide.
Wiki :copy:

Eyedea's cool, but I haven't exactly been checkin' for him.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

The ILLatino wrote:I bought FIRST BORN on the strength of the battle shit and seeing Abilities kill shit live.

Hella disappointed.

The first album sucked, but E&A was dope as fuck. They are really one of the best duos at combining both the emcee's and dj's creative abilities.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

i went to a show in like 2000 maybe 2001 w/ eyedea and sean performing it was on a sunday and they were like we gotta hurry and go back to minneapolis eyedea has high school tomorrow. but if he was born in 1981 he wouldve been graduated from hs alrede. :larry: :killacam:

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

i wuld check for duke live but no way wuld i ever buy his albums. all due respect an what nots