SCARFACE EMERITUS DEC 2nd... will be the best album of 08

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I actually didn't get put on to the GB's until '90. You may have me beat.

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

hessbz12 wrote:Just picked this up at Circuit City and got the tee as well. Dope little freebie.

Fuck yes, As soon as I saw this post yesterday I went out and got it.

Fucking dope album. Feels a lot like Made 2 as already stated and that is a GREAT thing. Listening to this album makes me wish Eightball and MJG would get similar production.

High Powered= :ohsh: :rockout: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

I would be satisfied if Scarface had an entire album with sung choruses from Z-Ro

This shit has a very consistent sound while still being extremely well rounded. Feels like a "Moment of Truth" almost. Love this album so far.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

After a few more listens from front to back I can easily say this is my favorite of 08....also I like it better than MADE and I loved Made.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

^^^

:naswtf: at a 40+ year old rapper making the best albums of the year in back to back years. That's insane.

I like Face's idea to quit making solo albums and focus on making albums with another artist. That way he'd go out on top as a solo performer and open another chapter in his career and probably kill it that way too, especially if he teams up with Bun B or Nas. I'd like to see him team up with Nas, if only to get Nas on some of the beats Face gets.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Icesickle wrote:^^^

:naswtf: at a 40+ year old rapper making the best albums of the year in back to back years. That's insane.

I like Face's idea to quit making solo albums and focus on making albums with another artist. That way he'd go out on top as a solo performer and open another chapter in his career and probably kill it that way too, especially if he teams up with Bun B or Nas. I'd like to see him team up with Nas, if only to get Nas on some of the beats Face gets.
Co muthafuckin' sign!
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

Hustleuffagus wrote:After a few more listens from front to back I can easily say this is my favorite of 08....also I like it better than MADE and I loved Made.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Emeritus is way dope.

MADE is the most overrated album on this forum, bar The Cold Vein.

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

New video for "Can't Get Right" featuring Bilal

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9VUHF-Vmm9g&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9VUHF-Vmm9g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

zygmontone wrote:
Hustleuffagus wrote:After a few more listens from front to back I can easily say this is my favorite of 08....also I like it better than MADE and I loved Made.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Quotashun wrote:
zygmontone wrote:
Finally picked this one up. Didn't wanna d/l I gotta show Face that love. This is definitely top 3 of the year. I haven't skipped a song yet, out of 5 listens straight. Made was great but this is better. Face is definitely aging well.

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

I aint frontin, im a big scarface fan, but this isnt the best LP of 2008. IMO

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

J-Serious wrote:I aint frontin, im a big scarface fan, but this isnt the best LP of 2008. IMO
ok, for you, what was?

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

IM A HUSALAAAA
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Emeritus is way dope.

MADE is the most overrated album on this forum, bar The Cold Vein.
:lol:

i was sleepin on Emeritus but wooow this shit is rele rele good. album of the year.
Moolah wrote:
Smithee wrote:I'd like to personally thank Andrew Bogut.
:cheers:

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

Wow ... I thought Scarface fell off after his first solo album ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

ACTHEPD wrote:Wow ... I thought Scarface fell off after his first solo album ...

That's cause you have some shitty-ass taste in music, bitch.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

ACTHEPD wrote:Wow ... I thought Scarface fell off after his first solo album ...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, Scarface has not failed to progress as a lyricist, song writer and story teller. If you can't see that you are dumb, deaf & blind to the facts. Each album gets better.