General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Sucka Ducka

Scarface says "White Boys" are part of the problem

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Scarface Says "White Boys" Are Part Of Problem In Hip-Hop

by REIGN

THURSDAY DECEMBER 18, 2008

Houston legend rapper Scarface, who has become more bitter as of late, speaks out about the injustices he believes are destroying hip-hop today. In a recent interview, Face point out why he thinks it's falling apart and how "white boys" in corporate positions are one of the reasons the music has been lacking.

"How can a gang of white boys tell a n*gga what's hot? Quote that, I said that, I said it!......I think the f*cking roles need to be reversed. N*ggas should be sitting behind the desk, them muthaf*ckas should be running around. Giving certain artists the spotlight, their moving inside our position, it's bullshit!"

Face is apparantly unhappy about the radio as well as he says, "Anything that radio plays is wack. All the great records don't get played. I feel like radio and big record companies are trying to destroy Black music with the shit that they play."

While also saying he believes Soulja Boy had a"brilliant idea" and what he did was "great", Scarface does blame artists making cash for ringtones with discrediting the game also. "I think it's bullshit, it discredits the whole Hip-Hop movement when you resort to ringtone rapping. It's not respecting the game, it's disrespecting it. I think the internet, Black radio and big record companies are hurting Black music."
:copy:

hustler

Post by hustler »

"While also saying he believes Soulja Boy had a"brilliant idea" and what he did was "great", Scarface does blame artists making cash for ringtones with discrediting the game also. "I think it's bullshit, it discredits the whole Hip-Hop movement when you resort to ringtone rapping. It's not respecting the game, it's disrespecting it. I think the internet, Black radio and big record companies are hurting Black music."

WAT
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

rooski

Post by rooski »

What brilliant idea is he talking about?

oops Didn't see hustler's post.

Thun

Post by Thun »

SUICIDE WATCH FOR EVERY IP ADDRESS LOGGED INTO COCAINEBLUNTS.COM

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I don't know how much of that was actually said, but I understand what he's saying. The Jimmy Iovines of the world can't dictate what hip-hop should be like. That said it's a failing business that neither races could turn around at this point. I say put AZN's behind the desks and do some number crunching. We'll turn this hip-hop recession right around.

I also don't think Face is prejudice at all. His best and most loyal producer for the better part of two decades now is a white man. But just because he praises Soulja Boy or makes some claim doesn't mean its the gospel either just because he is a top 5 rapper of all-time. Rappers are like athletes and when they open their mouths most of the time is just embarrassing. Not that Face should be embarrassed because I'm speaking in general.
Last edited by Philaflava on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Philaflava wrote:
I also don't think Face is prejudice at all.
You're a good man, Gloss. You may have just saved Chumpchange and Blastmaster from untimely self-inflicted asphyxiations.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
You're a good man, Gloss. You may have just saved Chumpchange and Blastmaster from untimely self-inflicted asphyxiations.

Was actually more concerned with Icesickle. He just discovered Face last year and it would he heartbreaking to him to find out his new favorite rappper disliked his pigmentation. And we all know the issues the Ice man carries with his skin color.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Philaflava wrote:
Thun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

Was actually more concerned with Icesickle. He just discovered Face last year and it would he heartbreaking to him to find out his new favorite rappper disliked his pigmentation. And we all know the issues the Ice man carries with his skin color.
True. Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't among the world's foremost humanitarians.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

How is what Scarface said a recent development in how the industry is run? "White boys" have always been making decisions at radio stations and labels. The industry has been built on exploitation since the beginning. Making it a black and white issue (pardon the pun) is a waste of time and doesn't help get to the real issues.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

White boys aren't part of the problem.

WHITE BOYS ARE THE ENTIRE FUCKING PROBLEM!!! :bunk:

chillhood

Post by chillhood »

I bet I'd hear nothing from him if he was being successful right now.
http://wardolphin.blogspot.com/
come here and press [>
http://lifeasashortyshouldntbesorough.blogspot.com/
http://last.fm/user/chillhood

experience scientifical m(ethod) a(llowing) d(emential) ne(cessities) s(poiling) s(ouls)

polarity

Post by polarity »

thread will have a lot of :slyfiddle:

don't worry brahs, he's not talking about funk loving, down with tha kultcha hip-hop heads (who just happen to have a melanin deficiency).

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

let's be real though ... the real problem is not enough "white boys" buying hiphop records nowadays

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Philaflava wrote:just because he is a top 5 rapper of all-time.
:roll:

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Thun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Thun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

True. Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't among the world's foremost humanitarians.

lol... its not a secret that face feels this way.. and has felt this way..the guy has spent time in a mental hospital and is bi-polar if i'm not mistaken..... and he is aware of who is fan base is.. i'm also aware that while face can say one thing he can do another..

i.e. this is who face has signed to his label......

http://www.myspace.com/greencityrecords
Last edited by chump change on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

ILL SEER wrote:let's be real though ... the real problem is not enough "white boys" buying hiphop records nowadays
very much on point
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

According to robust sales figures at mixtape spots on 125th street, black boys aren't copping too many hip-hop records either. At least, not ones where the cover isn't laser printed with a promotional sticker scanned right into the artwork.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

This is already one of the gayest threads I've ever seen on this forum.

Scarface didn't say anything about white people. He's talking about the powers that be at record labels (which, incidentally, are synonymous with "white boys").

You people really love a good spat over race, don't you?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Combo7 wrote: You people really love a good spat over race, don't you?
what do you mean you people :omgracist:
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Philaflava wrote:The Jimmy Iovines of the world can't dictate what hip-hop should be like.
:hooray:
ILL SEER wrote:let's be real though ... the real problem is not enough "white boys" buying hiphop records nowadays
:cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Thun wrote:SUICIDE WATCH FOR EVERY IP ADDRESS LOGGED INTO COCAINEBLUNTS.COM

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

drizzle wrote:
Combo7 wrote: You people really love a good spat over race, don't you?
yeah, muthafucka, what the fuck do you mean by "you people"? :omgracist:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

lol at this thread

there could be aliens behind the desks at major record labels and scarface still wouldnt sell shit

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

hell yeah they are and and another part of the problem is the mindstate of black people and hip hop fans in general

all this is just a expression of consciousness
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:lol at this thread

there could be aliens behind the desks at major record labels and scarface still wouldnt sell shit
you sayin mexicans can't run record labels?

Thun

Post by Thun »

Sebastian gets busy wrote:hell yeah they are and and another part of the problem is the mindstate of black people and hip hop fans in general

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

drizzle wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:lol at this thread

you sayin mexicans can't run record labels?
maybe

U GOTZ A PROBLIM WIT DAT?

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

Thun wrote:
Sebastian gets busy wrote:hell yeah they are and and another part of the problem is the mindstate of black people and hip hop fans in general

just trying to keep the fya burning

by the way u are just inflating your persona with these insults

but dont worry im doing it to!
Last edited by Sebastian gets busy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

:rofl: @ entire thread .