Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:rofl: at bloodsport metaphor
Nets 2022

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Dude's aiight but his accent bothers me, is he :ohcanada: ?

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Never mind. Late on thread. Canada sucks.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

Rob Sonic wrote:I always felt like Rap fans look at rapping whites along the lines of those kick boxer/Blood sport type movies in the sense that if they are ill people go, holy shit that guy kicked total ass at this?! He's White! And in turn if they don't kick total ass people say, fuck, that guy sucks at this but what the fuck is he doing in Thailand fighting Bolo anyway! He's white!

I know it's not possible but it would behoove hip hop fans to loose that shit and it definitely would benefit the artists both white and black and the art form if fans and the industry weren't running around trying to find Frank Dukes all the time.

knah mean
"ok usa"
"what is bet"
"what the hell is a dim mak"
"like put up your dukes"

movie of a thousand quotes
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

classyplastic

Post by classyplastic »

Weak genes.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

All I know Termanology shouldn't drop the Nword

panthergod

Post by panthergod »

PopeyeJones wrote:If your argument is that white rappers suck because there are many more horrible, corn ball ones than good ones, that's true regardless of race.

In any case, to be fair, part of it is that:

1) 70% of the country is white and it's been 20+ years since hip hop listening was racially specific.

2) A lot of white people are into quasi-experimental genres of hip hop that most people who have been listening for 20+ years aren't that into. The stuff they're into is just fucking horrible to your specific ears (e.g. Epic has a fan base, I don't get it either).

3) While the production cost for making rap music is still relatively low (about 5K for a computer, a program, and a good mic), younger white people still have disproportionate access to home computers that they a) can claim as their own/dominate the use of within the household and b) have the processing speed to make music on. This is changing, but the digital divide still exists.

4) Hiphop is still thought of as an authentically black art form (dominicans and puerto ricans have really been erased from its early history), so white rappers have the extra hurdle of overcoming a baseline of assumed inauthenticity for some people. It sounds like this is true of you. Sometimes this comes off as hackneyed and inauthentic (Termanalogy) which drives people away, and sometimes the effort isn't even made (Asher Roth) which drives people away also. For some people white rappers need to not be trying too hard on one end, but need to not sound too white on the other end. There's a small niche if acceptable people then.
Term is Latino.

And is a good rapper.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^Daniel is half white, and he is a fucking embarrassment.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

panthergod wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:If your argument is that white rappers suck because there are many more horrible, corn ball ones than good ones, that's true regardless of race.

In any case, to be fair, part of it is that:

1) 70% of the country is white and it's been 20+ years since hip hop listening was racially specific.

2) A lot of white people are into quasi-experimental genres of hip hop that most people who have been listening for 20+ years aren't that into. The stuff they're into is just fucking horrible to your specific ears (e.g. Epic has a fan base, I don't get it either).

3) While the production cost for making rap music is still relatively low (about 5K for a computer, a program, and a good mic), younger white people still have disproportionate access to home computers that they a) can claim as their own/dominate the use of within the household and b) have the processing speed to make music on. This is changing, but the digital divide still exists.

4) Hiphop is still thought of as an authentically black art form (dominicans and puerto ricans have really been erased from its early history), so white rappers have the extra hurdle of overcoming a baseline of assumed inauthenticity for some people. It sounds like this is true of you. Sometimes this comes off as hackneyed and inauthentic (Termanalogy) which drives people away, and sometimes the effort isn't even made (Asher Roth) which drives people away also. For some people white rappers need to not be trying too hard on one end, but need to not sound too white on the other end. There's a small niche if acceptable people then.
Term is Latino.

And is a good rapper.
:ignore:

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

This is on some bullshit

If a rapper is not very good he is not very good, it has nothing to do with their color.

Thun

Post by Thun »

PopeyeJones wrote:^^Daniel is half white, and he is a fucking embarrassment.
How did half white become white now?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Thun wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:^^Daniel is half white, and he is a fucking embarrassment.
How did half white become white now?
:rofl: Keen is a white rapper... :megaman:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

In the 2009 race draft the whites will NOT be selecting Termanlogy. Please believe it.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Philaflava wrote:In the 2009 race draft the whites will NOT be selecting Termanlogy. Please believe it.
Guess he's out on his own then :lol:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Philaflava wrote:In the 2009 race draft the whites will NOT be selecting Termanlogy. Please believe it.
You act like you have a better alternative...

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

its true though

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Whites in Rap, honestly are a microcosm of whites in anything, America regarding race:

NOT ALL...but many to most fall into these:

1. White supremacist, wanting to dominate. Not respecting the origins of whatever it is they are looking to involve themselves in. The belief that the way they do things, thoughts, are superior just on principle..they are white

2. White man's burden/guilt-Embarassed, or simply guilty by life dealing them the blow of being a part of a group who has been so arrogant and oppressive, they are either self deprecating to the point of being corny, or not genuine, or both. Instead of being themselves.

White people in general have a real hard time with not being first, the authority, or center of the universe. They either cop pleas to the contrary, throw up some more intellectual, or cro-magnon macho bullshit or some patronizing nonsense.

White rappers who just rap, and dont draw attention to the fact that they are white doing it , in either capacity are usually pretty sucessful. hint: don't make seem like a monumental event that you rap, and we wont give a fuck....as long as you are dope. Its a myth that whitey has a harder time gaining acceptance in hip hop when they are dope...its just as usual the white rappers usually dont have the humility to just spit their story, and be themselves and/or original. Get off your own dick.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Terms Boriqua I thought.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

B'Tol wrote:Hey, i'm not speaking on behalf of anything - we had "hip hop" the same time as you did - I think you should check the history of places such as St Pauls, which is where I grew up... The soundclashes and reggae culture which birthed hip hop as we know it was prominent there from approx. the same time as it was introduced to people by a certain block Dj...

It was never a black/white thing, it was a poor/rich thing.

:bow:
Should we even get into the African traditions/cultures and specific rhythms, etc. that was born out of this...or would that just be too educational for you? Or are you gonna call me a faggot? note: I'm black, note...if you have a problem with my intelligence, you have a problem with Dubois, Baldwin, Garvey, and Malcolm...and you can eat a dick. Stop with the humanist nonsense....sorry..it is a BLACK thing...deal....

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

hired gun wrote:Whites in Rap, honestly are a microcosm of whites in anything, America regarding race:

1. White supremacist, wanting to dominate. Not respecting the origins of whatever it is they are looking to involve themselves in. The belief that the way they do things, thoughts, are superior just on principle..they are white

2. White man's burden/guilt-Embarassed, or simply guilty by life dealing them the blow of being a part of a group who has been so arrogant and oppressive, they are either self deprecating to the point of being corny, or not genuine, or both. Instead of being themselves.

White rappers who just rap, and dont draw attention to the fact that they are white doing it , in either capacity are usually pretty sucessful. hint: don't make seem like a monumental event that you rap, and we wont give a fuck....as long as you are dope. Its a myth that whitey has a harder time gaining acceptance in hip hop when they are dope...its just as usual the white rappers usually dont have the humility to just spit their story, and be themselves and/or original. Get off your own dick.
Excellent points.

This is why the Beastie Boys are dope. And they're not even skilled "technically" (I hate that term) rappers.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

hired gun wrote:

Terms Boriqua I thought.
You must have missed the previous posts.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Money Gripp wrote:
hired gun wrote:Whites in Rap, honestly are a microcosm of whites in anything, America regarding race:

Excellent points.

This is why the Beastie Boys are dope. And they're not even skilled "technically" (I hate that term) rappers.
I have respect for the Beasties for precisely that reason. Great example.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Philaflava wrote:
hired gun wrote:

Terms Boriqua I thought.
admittedly yes...I tried to avoid this thread altogether...but I'm home, slightly distracted with BB and figured this was where the action (and definitely stupidity) was. Can you clue me in and three sentences or less.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
hired gun wrote:

Terms Boriqua I thought.
admittedly yes...I tried to avoid this thread altogether...but I'm home, slightly distracted with BB.
???

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Money Gripp wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
hired gun wrote:

Terms Boriqua I thought.
admittedly yes...I tried to avoid this thread altogether...but I'm home, slightly distracted with BB.
???
BasketBall.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

hired gun wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Terms Boriqua I thought.
???
BasketBall.
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=150

Get in the Sports Bar, mayne.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

us crackers have been rapping since what the late 80's & early 90's, so why is this even a discussion?

who cares

there's tons of wack rappers of all races.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

HustleCrowe wrote:us crackers have been rapping since what the late 80's & early 90's, so why is this even a discussion?

who cares

there's tons of wack rappers of all races.

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

This thread stinks of bullshit...

Mc_I-mar

Post by Mc_I-mar »

J-Serious wrote:This thread stinks of bullshit...
not to add any shittery but I think the legitmacy of the white rapper took a hit when the white rapper show aired.for a while, white rappers were looked upon as comic relief in most upper media circles, evident from as early as grandmaster b/david faustino to as current as jamie kennedy/straight out of malibu.In my opinion, rap is commonly seen as the product of improvision within an environment of poverty and lack of oportunity.Whites are historically seen as having oportunity, so the two never quite meshed at first (surely there are no poor whites in america right? :ohsh: ).as rap moved beyond the hoods and street stories and more into poetic expression and new age/space age topics with complex lyrics became the quasi norm, white rappers (along with potheads and dose droppers) found they had a new place in the scene.

in short, you're more likely to except a sage francis/anticon/forest fires collective/jedi knight circle/disflex 6 as the norm within their bracket than you would a paul wall, firecracker(that white guy in no limit), stagga lee and bubba sparxx as hood or living a life of color...so to speak.