King of The DPB'rs

Cage - I Never Knew You EP

Post by Philaflava »

You know what it is...

http://steadyb.blogspot.com/2009/05/cag ... ou-ep.html

Click to download the full EP.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Is this better then his weatherproof ep from years back pf?

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

ahahhaha, im downloading to check it out. ahhaa
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Hot Topics? Lettin that View love shine through.
d/led
:cheers:
moved by duck muscles

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

blessingindisguise wrote:Is this better then his weatherproof ep from years back pf?
You don't honestly think I checked for this?

I did add the new MED and an unreleased Guilty Simpson (prod Dilla) right below the post.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

thats whats up
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Its The 80s Again is fucking dope
everything else is awful

as far as the album goes, the camu joint was dope, so I'll still hold promise
moved by duck muscles

DLG

Post by DLG »

agree with leftbrain.

as a def jux fan boy, I really want to like this, but it's not working.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Jigsaw wrote:Image
:rofl:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

LilLeftBrain wrote:Its The 80s Again is fucking dope
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

i love i never knew you and 80s

the other songs are w.e but i still have high hopes for the album

Post by 360 »

tehgiftofgab wrote:i love i never knew you and 80s

the other songs are w.e but i still have high hopes for the album
Jigsaw wrote:Image

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Wasn't liking the EP initially but it grew on me. So that means I now think Rambo is for fags. Funny that I like the El-P produced track the least...but in that track though he mentions that he was in Stoney Lodge with Northern Calloway...who used to voice Same-Sound Brown on Sesame Street. I remember reading about this:
On January 9, 1990, in Ossining, New York, police raced to Stony Lodge Hospital, a sixty-one bed psychiatric facility in suburban Westchester County, where Northern Calloway had flown into a violent rage, striking a staff physician. Police described Calloway as ג€œagitated and troubledג€ as they arrived and slowly maneuvered around him, not wishing to make matters worse with sudden movements. Calloway clearly did not want to be handcuffed, and a scuffle ensued. The more Calloway struggled, the more danger he posed to himself and others.

Finally, as he was being subdued, he went into a frightening seizure and then dropped to the floor.

What followed came as a shock, even to the hospitalג€™s trained staff: Calloway, just forty-one years old, went into cardiac arrest. he was transported by ambulance to nearby Phelps Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
It is strange cause on wiki they say he died of stomach cancer.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Brougham33 wrote:Wasn't liking the EP initially but it grew on me. So that means I now think Rambo is for fags.
farcical

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Philaflava wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:Wasn't liking the EP initially but it grew on me. So that means I now think Rambo is for fags.
farcical
We can be both Gloss. I'm getting a giant eagle with semper fiGHT tatooed on my back but I'm also growing my bangs out.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

So I take it you didn't chuckle once at my blog?

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I did.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

LilLeftBrain wrote:Its The 80s Again is fucking dope
everything else is awful

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Brougham33 wrote:
On January 9, 1990, in Ossining, New York, police raced to Stony Lodge Hospital, a sixty-one bed psychiatric facility in suburban Westchester County, where Northern Calloway had flown into a violent rage, striking a staff physician. Police described Calloway as ג€œagitated and troubledג€ as they arrived and slowly maneuvered around him, not wishing to make matters worse with sudden movements. Calloway clearly did not want to be handcuffed, and a scuffle ensued. The more Calloway struggled, the more danger he posed to himself and others.

Finally, as he was being subdued, he went into a frightening seizure and then dropped to the floor.

What followed came as a shock, even to the hospitalג€™s trained staff: Calloway, just forty-one years old, went into cardiac arrest. he was transported by ambulance to nearby Phelps Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
I turned 12 that day, and I think I bought a sega genesis with the money I got from my birthday.

hopps

Post by hopps »

Brougham33 wrote:Wasn't liking the EP initially but it grew on me. So that means I now think Rambo is for fags. Funny that I like the El-P produced track the least...but in that track though he mentions that he was in Stoney Lodge with Northern Calloway...who used to voice Same-Sound Brown on Sesame Street. I remember reading about this:

It is strange cause on wiki they say he died of stomach cancer.

the songs were mislabeled. the one i did is the one labeled "hell oh". as for the northern calloway shit yeah chris saw him dead but the cats at stoney lodge rushed him off the grounds and lied and said he died on the way to the hospital so that they wouldnt have to deal with the legalities. i always loved that story.

Guun

Post by Guun »

just realized the chick in the video is the 16 year old chick from Californication. :killacam:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

fuck y'all :rofl: . this shit is disgussstingly dope.

*zones out*
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:fuck y'all :rofl: . this shit is disgussstingly dope.

*zones out*
Without sounding like I'm putting you on blast, have you disliked or have ever been a little less enthusiastic about a particular Def Jux release?

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

mindbender how does this release relate to you and how much consulting did El P and Cage get from you for this EP?

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Cage's reachin' out for those Atmosphere dollars. Watch your pockets Sean.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Trademark wrote:mindbender how does this release relate to you and how much consulting did El P and Cage get from you for this EP?
the consulting is psychic. I'll always be the type of person that looks at the world the same way the Def Jukies do.

Conspiracy JUST got out of the hospital, and he's here. I'm gonna play him the Cage album, and check out this Mr. Lif business today...

Tongue in a Shark's Mouth is WOWZERS (as is that story), and Hell Oh is one of El-P's most delicately powerful productions since The F Word

this EP relates to me in the way that I know that motherfuckers are bored so they might act too stupid to appreciate the breath of fresh air that Cage is. It's okay, their loss.

I love his wry snarling attitude when he raps, and his hip hop is 100% his vision. Too rare these days.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

im digging it, i like the new mike muir vibe to his delivery. its the 80s again is sick

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:fuck y'all :rofl: . this shit is disgussstingly dope.

*zones out*
Without sounding like I'm putting you on blast, have you disliked or have ever been a little less enthusiastic about a particular Def Jux release?
it's a fair question. you aren't being malicious. it's appreciated.

Mighty Underdogs disappointed me, cause I'm a HUGE Lateef fan...

I found some songs I liked on Del's Eleventh Hour album, but I know it's one of his worst. I know what Del was going through which made it so unfocused, but still. This is LIFE to me. Great and horrible albums don't even matter as much as they used to. I like watching people's career journey. Del's Funkman album actually should have been the one that came out on Jux. I hope they do some more work together again... like um, can we get an EP from Del and El-P? "Offspring" times 6? Yes.

and I don't know why C-Rayz didn't thrive more with Jux... some of his stuff wasn't him at his peak, but he's like lightning in a bottle

I'm a fan and my brain is built for their type of music. But I don't love everything Jux does. Hell, I don't love everything -I- do.

I genuinely like Cage music though. Twisted genius.

The Grand Incredible

Post by The Grand Incredible »

Cage is a faggot.