Cage's new album streaming on MySpace

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

I just listened to both Hell's Winter and Depart From Me for the first time. I had honestly never heard either of them, and grabbed them both today at the store because so many people are bent over the way the new album sounds.

Funny as hell to me.

His new album sounds like an almost obvious progression from the old one. I don't even know how it's arguable. Granted I only gave them both 1 full spin, and 1 kinda skip through spin. But I really don't know why people's rectums are so sore over this.

Hell's Winter sounds a little more traditional, but still bends over into the punk/industrial feel enough, to make Depart From Me pretty expected. Almost more welcome. I listened to Hell's Winter first and kinda was wishing he would go where he did on this new one the whole time. Like, "Just say fuck it dude."

The choruses on Depart From Me are a lot better, even. Dude sounds like he is trying to fit into a caricature on Hell's Winter. The references of his "indy rock hair" and shit on Hell's Winter are kinda rap image salesman shit to me. Sounds unnatural. This new cd is better than the other one. The other one doesn't go enough places. This new one is ballsy, and isn't the "rap version" of anything.

You guys clearly need to expand your horizons beyond DJ Premier and Wale.

This is a very punk rock/ Suicidal Tendencies sounding record to me. I like it.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

Not everybody likes punk rock/Suicidal Tendencies though, so not everybody is willing to be a uber-cool artsy fan that wants to tout an such an ecclectic taste.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i haven't listened to the album yet.. but there's still no way suicidal could be a good reference point

D. James

Post by D. James »

ackbar wrote:i haven't listened to the album yet.. but there's still no way suicidal could be a good reference point

:shit:

Suicidal Tendencies' first album>>>>>>>>

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

D. James wrote:
ackbar wrote:i haven't listened to the album yet.. but there's still no way suicidal could be a good reference point

:shit:

Suicidal Tendencies>>>>>>>>

pen

Post by pen »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote: You guys clearly need to expand your horizons beyond DJ Premier and Wale.

This is a very punk rock/ Suicidal Tendencies sounding record to me. I like it.

punk rock is for gay white boys.
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

pen

Post by pen »

i would rather hear aspirational, fictional baller shit from rappers over angsty, woe-is-me whiteboy rage anyday. anyday.

cry me a pussyclot river phoenix.
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Packaging is pretty nice here is some pics of the artwork:

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

christian from austin wrote:thread is a yawn except for senorhaha's new name is greenscreen
haha awesome

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

that art is actually really cool. don't think i'll be checking the album though. i didn't really know cage before hell's winter, bought hell's winter, didn't really like it, so most likely won't dig this.

harbourmc

Post by harbourmc »

This thread is a bit odd to me though, for the reason that i thought cage already jumped the shark with hell's winter. Would you guys call Hell's Winter a transitional phase between agent orange cage and depart from me (fanbase) cage?

A Decoy Statesman

Post by A Decoy Statesman »

zygmontone wrote:that art is actually really cool.
agreed

also I think this new album isn't bad and has potential to be a big hit.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Hugs and Kisses (itunes bonus)
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=7902313-1ae" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=7902313-1ae" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

for the record.... Tis I who continues to hold the lyrical miracles.

just sayin...
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lebong Jame$

Post by Lebong Jame$ »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote:This is a very punk rock/ Suicidal Tendencies sounding record to me. I like it.
wat
The Aluminum Falcon wrote: i preordered the fucking $60.00 package to support the guy
WAT
pen wrote:i would rather hear aspirational, fictional baller shit from rappers over angsty, woe-is-me whiteboy rage anyday. anyday.

cry me a pussyclot river phoenix.
real talk, cage is fucking gay. so gay in fact its kinda unbelievable his album gets three pages worth of arguments...thread should have gone "NEW CAGE LEAKED IT FUCKING SUCKS, BUT WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT" followed by a :lock:

seans opinions are based solely on his commitment to the arian brotherhood, and when i see a cage cd in a homies collection, i immediately discard their opinions on hip hop. but if i ever wanna hear some new shit featuring fauxhawked dudes screaming about killing their girlfriends, they'll be the first i hit up.

fuck cage
m2c

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:for the record.... Tis I who continues to hold the lyrical miracles.

just sayin...

oh, oh, oh word?

make sure you stop by and let the shark-jumpers know yo.

jokes kid.
really though, i don't know if being able to identify a role of duct tape with a blindfold on, while setting it up with "i rhyme great," qualifies as a miracle.

:cheers:

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

Lebong Jame$ wrote:seans opinions are based solely on his commitment to the arian brotherhood [...]
:rofl: :rofl:

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Lebong Jame$ wrote:seans opinions are based solely on his commitment to the arian brotherhood
rofl.
nah homie.
my opinions are based on my commitment to the gay illuminati that controls the music industry.

b.a.s.f.bound

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

sean wrote:being able to identify a role of duct tape with a blindfold on
:arrow:

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

:wutang:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

OMG:

Hush

Post by Hush »

Isn't Cage pushing 40?

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I'm pretty sure that came out a little while ago on Eastern Conference. Pretty decent mix of most his best stuff.
1. Holding A Jar Too (Produced By: El-P)
2. Among The Sleep
3. Summer In Hell
4. Stargate
5. Underground Rapstar
6. Escape To 88
7. Suicidal Failure
8. Cop Hell
9. Stoney Lodge (Produced By: J-Zone)
10. Gimmesomedeath (Produced By: RJD2)
11. Weather People
12. Dust Vs. Ecstacy
13. Agent Orange (Produced By: Necro)
14. 54
15. More In Outs
16. Ballad Of Worms
17. Kepp the City Up
18. Too Much
19. A Crowd Killer

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

The art IS amazing. I used to date the chick with the bunny mask on. It looks like her anyway.

I'm going to take this and Hell's Winter and slip them right into my Head Automatica folder...

The thing is I've got room on my shelves for this and the old Cage too.

Anyone that would dismiss my opions based on that is fronting on a lot of classic material. I'm a music fan.. I like listening to and enjoying all kinds music vs. hearing it first just to be the first to shit on it.

I get that this won't appease all of the old cage fans.. but some of us like the fact he's adding a unique choice of record to the market.

I'm a music fan first. Artist fan second. It's good to see em change so long as quality remains.

common has made some records I can't stand.. but as a catalogue his has longevity and isn't the same record over and over for fans who refuse to grow with him.. and some of those records might hit me at the right time and become somthing I enjoy.

I think some of you will find this to be true of this new cage one.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

CRASH DDZ wrote:The art IS amazing. I used to date the chick with the bunny mask on. It looks like her anyway.

I'm going to take this and Hell's Winter and slip them right into my Head Automatica folder...

The thing is I've got room on my shelves for this and the old Cage too.

Anyone that would dismiss my opions based on that is fronting on a lot of classic material. I'm a music fan.. I like listening to and enjoying all kinds music vs. hearing it first just to be the first to shit on it.

I get that this won't appease all of the old cage fans.. but some of us like the fact he's adding a unique choice of record to the market.

I'm a music fan first. Artist fan second. It's good to see em change so long as quality remains.

common has made some records I can't stand.. but as a catalogue his has longevity and isn't the same record over and over for fans who refuse to grow with him.. and some of those records might hit me at the right time and become somthing I enjoy.

I think some of you will find this to be true of this new cage one.

EarForGoodMusic

Post by EarForGoodMusic »

i know some people are on here are assocites/friends with christopher, but he is a douche who surfs myspace for fairly young dumb girls.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

EarForGoodMusic wrote:i know some people are on here are assocites/friends with christopher, but he is a douche who surfs myspace for fairly young dumb girls.
pics or we don't believe you.

seriously though, did you read your post before you hit submit?

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

sean wrote:
EarForGoodMusic wrote:i know some people are on here are assocites/friends with christopher, but he is a douche who surfs myspace for fairly young dumb girls.
pics or we don't believe you.

seriously though, did you read your post before you hit submit?
an associte is a butt-goiter

He's calling all of you butt-goiters.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote: This new one is ballsy, and isn't the "rap version" of anything.
maclethalcuntfucker wrote: This is a very punk rock/ Suicidal Tendencies sounding record to me.
:killacam:
maclethalcuntfucker wrote: You guys clearly need to expand your horizons beyond DJ Premier and Wale.
:naswtf: