Nas vs. Kelis

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Nas vs. Kelis

Post by Philaflava »

I don't know how thread worthy this is but being we have a 6 page thread from a rapper I've never heard of (Epic) then this can't be all that bad.

As his less-than-amicable divorce from singer Kelis rages on, rapper Nas has disclosed his earnings and expenses to support the fact that his financial state is not quite what his estranged wife believes it is. According to TMZ.com, the Queensbridge native reports that while Kelisג€™ divorce petition indicated that he had received $11 million for his deal with Def Jam in 2006, he in fact only received close to $4 million. Since then, he says, his monthly income has decreased to $147, 165. Nasג€™ monthly expenses, on the other hand, currently total $71, 371.96, including $10,000 on his personal grooming alone, clothing and toiletries included. Almost a month ago, Kelis made a similar disclosure, telling the courts that since her separation from Nas in November of last year, her average monthly income had decreased to $21, 616, almost $60,000 less than her projected expenses, once she gives birth to the child she is expecting with her ex. ג€œMy survival is based on [his] will at this time,ג€ Kelis said. ג€œIf he does not want to pay for an expense, it does not get paid.ג€ Nas said that heג€™d be willing to pay $5,000 a month in child support, which he called a ג€œreasonable amount.ג€

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

shit man 5000 a month is more than feasable. shit that is if u are talkin just the kid

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nas' monthly expense just for himself is $147, 165?

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

lol yeeesh

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Philaflava wrote:Nas' monthly expense just for himself is $147, 165?
it said that was his monthly income. it said his monthly expenses were around 71K. :naswtf:

vincentlopez

Re: Nas vs. Kelis

Post by vincentlopez »

Philaflava wrote:I don't know how thread worthy this is but being we have a 6 page thread from a rapper I've never heard of (Epic) then this can't be all that bad.

As his less-than-amicable divorce from singer Kelis rages on, rapper Nas has disclosed his earnings and expenses to support the fact that his financial state is not quite what his estranged wife believes it is. According to TMZ.com, the Queensbridge native reports that while Kelisג€™ divorce petition indicated that he had received $11 million for his deal with Def Jam in 2006, he in fact only received close to $4 million. Since then, he says, his monthly income has decreased to $147, 165. Nasג€™ monthly expenses, on the other hand, currently total $71, 371.96, including $10,000 on his personal grooming alone, clothing and toiletries included. Almost a month ago, Kelis made a similar disclosure, telling the courts that since her separation from Nas in November of last year, her average monthly income had decreased to $21, 616, almost $60,000 less than her projected expenses, once she gives birth to the child she is expecting with her ex. ג€œMy survival is based on [his] will at this time,ג€ Kelis said. ג€œIf he does not want to pay for an expense, it does not get paid.ג€ Nas said that heג€™d be willing to pay $5,000 a month in child support, which he called a ג€œreasonable amount.ג€
Let me get this straight. I think Nas' his original deal with Def Jam was either 4 or 5 albums for $4 million BEFORE taxes. I don't think Kelis works like most people do so she must have been sitting at home since they've been married. So she's totally depending on Nas to support her and the baby, which has to include a house somewhere. There's no way she or her lawyer is going to settle for just $5k per month. They're going to siphon every last dime from him. This is the reason why Jay and Beyonce have that ironclad pre-nuptial agreement and probably why they may never have children. What was Nas thinking about when he didn't get her to sign a pre-nup? Now he's going to be paying for two separate women and children living in two different states.
~Get those old Source magazines here~
http://thimk.wordpress.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

samdoom wrote:
it said that was his monthly income. it said his monthly expenses were around 71K. :naswtf:
That's right, sorry. Still 71K monthly is a lot but I also don't know if I buy that Nas only makes 1.7M per year. Not that I think he clocks 10M either but that number seems a little low for him.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

And I almost dont buy that Kelis makes just 250K a year. Maybe I'm naive as fuck but that too seems low.

step one

Post by step one »

samdoom wrote:
does that include running the industry powerhouse that is Ill Will Records?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

if your monthly expenses are 71K you better be sipping champagne out of high dollar hooker's asses.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

$10,000 on his personal grooming alone, clothing and toiletries included.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

read this shit on Vlad.TV yesterday. he might have chop those monthly expenses down to little below half. :ohsh: @ Kelis wanting 75K/month.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Philaflava wrote:$10,000 on his personal grooming alone, clothing and toiletries included.
this

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Moolah wrote:
Philaflava wrote:$10,000 on his personal grooming alone, clothing and toiletries included.
this
10k worth of clothes is nothing (sadly)
Nets 2022

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Reason wrote:
Moolah wrote:
this
i havent had 10k worth of clothes in my lifetime

niggas be blowin dough and lovin to pay that child support

shoulda hollered at some marriage counseling to save some scrilla

smarten up nas

step one

Post by step one »

ardamus wrote: he might have chop those monthly expenses down to little below half. :ohsh: @ Kelis wanting 75K/month.
he needs to go and pull out some Illmatic-era demos and get that DWG/One Leg Up Records money.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Reason wrote:
Moolah wrote:
this
I've seen Nas on multiple occasions and he is forever rocking a plain white-t and jeans with a NY fitted cap. We aren't including his jewelry so explain to me what is he spending 10K on monthly that he's wearing.

MD

Post by MD »

I believe Nas uses his own custom toilet paper made from bear fur.

WES RESTLESS

Post by WES RESTLESS »

MD wrote:I believe Nas uses his own custom toilet paper made from extinct saber tooth tiger fur.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

Moolah wrote:
this

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

if yall niggas included your suits/shoes/jewelry etc yall should have 10,000 worht of clothes in your lifetimes
UBM CD COMING SOON

Employer

Post by Employer »

If you were disclosing your finances to a court, in the middle of a divorce proceeding, and knew you didn't have a pre-nup to protect you, wouldn't you try to understate your income and overstate your expenses?

$10,000 on grooming sounds like bullshit to me. "You see your honor, my client doesn't really have that much extra income every month. Therefore $5,000 a month is generous."

Of course, the judge could also point out that Nas is prepared to spend twice as much on his toiletries as he is on his kid each month, which might be awkward...

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

This whole situation is ridiculous. She's just a woman scorned. She knows damn well sahe could raise a seed off less then that. Nas's 10 stacks a month gone on grooming is laughable.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Employer's right. That's what my dad did a couple years back when my old girl took him to court because he's never paid a dime in child support for me and my brother in his life. The guy declared bankruptcy and tried to act like he doesn't have rights to his properties in Miami, P.R., Mexico, and Colombia. At least Nas only has to worry about that one kid he's gotta pay for monthly. Imagine if he was like Travis Henry or fucking Antonio Cromartie with 7 kids in 5 different states. :err:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

You can "understate" all day long. They'll still burn your ass. If it appears as though you are intentionally misleading the court as to your income, you will be fucked when the gavel's final "BRRAAAP" rings out.

Orders can be issued for personal income audits, forensic accountants etc. Especially in high-profile divorces like this. And I'd like to see legitimate transcripts showing Nas or his lawyer/s proclaimed the $10K for "monthly grooming." More than likely that's Kelis blowing shit out of proportion.

Divorce will fuck your wallet.

Simple Rock

Post by Simple Rock »

$10k monthly grooming can be justified if his business requires it; he's a famous rapper and his public image has to be maintained for him to continue his business..

A judge may or may not agree with that.

As far as what he spends it on..even a decent pair of LV kicks are $650+..a niceBurberry winter jacket'll be over $1k easy .. do the math

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:You can "understate" all day long. They'll still burn your ass. If it appears as though you are intentionally misleading the court as to your income, you will be fucked when the gavel's final "BRRAAAP" rings out.

Orders can be issued for personal income audits, forensic accountants etc. Especially in high-profile divorces like this. And I'd like to see legitimate transcripts showing Nas or his lawyer/s proclaimed the $10K for "monthly grooming." More than likely that's Kelis blowing shit out of proportion.

Divorce will fuck your wallet.
i believe you
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

myself

Post by myself »

Philaflava wrote:And I almost dont buy that Kelis makes just 250K a year. Maybe I'm naive as fuck but that too seems low.
Neither one of them are selling any units these days. Nas last shit sold < 500k, and she's never been a huge seller. I don't know what they make for shows, appearances, merchandising, whatever. What is Kelis doing to make money- licensing "Milkshake"? Nas's income seems good considering the state of the industry and the fact that he pretty much has a Gold release every other year. He's not selling multi-plat and doing sold out arena world tours or anything.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Nas should have done those Coors Light ads back when he was more relevant

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Simple Rock wrote:$10k monthly grooming can be justified if his business requires it; he's a famous rapper and his public image has to be maintained for him to continue his business..

A judge may or may not agree with that.

As far as what he spends it on..even a decent pair of LV kicks are $650+..a niceBurberry winter jacket'll be over $1k easy .. do the math
Why do I get this vibe from you that you're Arab rich?