Wu chases Slaughterhouse out at Rock the Bells?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:
hired gun wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Magneto wrote:And all his Mood Muziks are original songs, hooks, original production, original verses and are sold in stores. How are they not official albums????
Word.

Not really seeing the difference. It's not like he dropped a bunch of freestyles on them mood muzik joints, they are actual songs.
Funny, I'm in Brooklyn and I didn't hear much noise about these joints outside of this forum and an occassional mention by a few people I'd run into every now and again, but I don't recall Budden blasting out cars with them joints.
Ahh they don't, but how in the world is that relevant? It has nothing to what we're discussing? We're discussing quality and why it's an official album. We're not talking about how popular it is, how many records he sales, if he gets played in the hood, etc...so why do you keep bringing it up?
Cause you say he or they are critically acclaimed? I just want to know how you are qualifying that? I dont care either way, whether you are going by sales or by straight cultural/artistic ideals. I just want to know how you claim something to be acclaimed but you aren't offering up anything other then your opinion (which is very valid, but might be the be all end all :-) ) that he is acclaimed.

Budden may be talented, but has he done anything to give him the reason to go at anyone other then to increase his visibility? Has history and critics really slighted his place amongst the likes of Meth or any other 'legend" for what he's done on a mic? I'm genuinely asking, are you saying Budden is one of those tragic cases of an artist never seeing the full potential of his legacy for variety of factors? An unmined gem no one ever got to see shine? I'm asking.
Album reviews I've read on XXL, The Source, and online. Just look at any of those albums I posted, they all have numerous publications and online review sites praising them as good/great work. Scratch Magazine called Mood Muzik II one of the greatest street albums of all-time. ALL-TIME

But I guess, it's just a mixtape because...ahh...umm....yeah...
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Joe Budden on Peter Rosenberg's Show

http://www.zshare.net/audio/62906061cfda0cf8/

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jmbq98Co9O0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jmbq98Co9O0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Willie $krilla

Post by Willie $krilla »

nahright be gassin em up

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Magneto wrote:Scratch Magazine called Mood Muzik II one of the greatest street albums of all-time. ALL-TIME

Its called a street album? What's the difference between that and an album? Doesn't matter either way, he has kudos from Scratch, Source, XXl etc. He is "critically acclaimed", what does this mean in dealing with Meth and any other legends? Is Budden a legend? Is he considered a superior emcee and lyricist to some of the greats?
Last edited by hired gun on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:Scratch Magazine called Mood Muzik II one of the greatest street albums of all-time. ALL-TIME

Its called a street album? What's the difference between that and an album? Doesn't matter either way, he has kudos from Scratch, Source, XXl etc. He is critically acclaimed, what does this mean in dealing with Meth and any other legends? Is Budden a legend? Is he considered a superior emcee and lyricist to some of the greats?
bro-signed.

Magneto is the homie, but honestly I can't agree with him at all on this one. I like reading his online written rhymes more than I like Joe Buddens music.

Joe is an asshole, a relatively unimaginative artist and a habitual line stepper.

anything he does good, he destroys not long after.

glad him and Meth ain't beefin, but I wanted Meth to slay him.

he needs to do something drastically different very soon, and make a record that changes people's mind about him.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
hired gun wrote:

Its called a street album? What's the difference between that and an album? Doesn't matter either way, he has kudos from Scratch, Source, XXl etc. He is critically acclaimed, what does this mean in dealing with Meth and any other legends? Is Budden a legend? Is he considered a superior emcee and lyricist to some of the greats?
bro-signed.

Magneto is the homie, but honestly I can't agree with him at all on this one. I like reading his online written rhymes more than I like Joe Buddens music.

Joe is an asshole, a relatively unimaginative artist and a habitual line stepper.

anything he does good, he destroys not long after.

glad him and Meth ain't beefin, but I wanted Meth to slay him.

he needs to do something drastically different very soon, and make a record that changes people's mind about him.
I ain't bro-signing none of that....I dont know the man personally, so I ain't judging or caring about him being an asshole or not. I don't know. I just am dealing with records, and history. Is this a little like sizing up boxers from different eras? pound for pound? Is Joe taking care of this era? Is Joe in the conversation of the top emcees/lyricists, now? Again, I dont hear him discussed much (except for here) definitely not in the first tier of the conversation.....and this era isn't huge on lyricists.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

inspectah deck looks just like JB smooth

Karisma

Post by Karisma »

Topsy Turvey Them SH Mothafuckas
"Daddies home...Niggas is Scared, Way before I put the Key in the Door"-Jigga

/\ Bernard Pollards House

...He hit Tom just above the shoes, and poured
MORTON salt in our Superbowl Wounds!!

YALL READY TO RIDE ON THIS FOOL??
RAWBLE RAWBLE

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

so all of these guys rap about beating the shit out of people, shooting people, fucking other peoples girls and stealing there money, etc. And yet even with the mob mentality and saftey in numbers bullshit no one manages to get as much as a slap in the face while the have personal problems with eachother in the immediate vicinity. So is joey going to pay his buddy Saigon some money to do his dirty work since he made nice with him now or something.

Rap is controlled.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:so all of these guys rap about beating the shit out of people, shooting people, fucking other peoples girls and stealing there money, etc. And yet even with the mob mentality and saftey in numbers bullshit no one manages to get as much as a slap in the face while the have personal problems with eachother in the immediate vicinity. So is joey going to pay his buddy Saigon some money to do his dirty work since he made nice with him now or something.

Rap is controlled.
Rappers are cowards, barring a few...

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Magneto wrote:
The Aluminum Falcon wrote:so all of these guys rap about beating the shit out of people, shooting people, fucking other peoples girls and stealing there money, etc. And yet even with the mob mentality and saftey in numbers bullshit no one manages to get as much as a slap in the face while the have personal problems with eachother in the immediate vicinity. So is joey going to pay his buddy Saigon some money to do his dirty work since he made nice with him now or something.

Rap is controlled.
:omgracist:

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Employee wrote:
Magneto wrote:

Rap is controlled.
lOL, what's racist about that?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

hired gun wrote:
Employee wrote:
Magneto wrote:

Rap is controlled.
lOL, what's racist about that?
Nothing, man. I was just fuckin' around.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Magneto wrote:

Rap is controlled.
Robin Spree?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Magneto wrote:

Rap is controlled.
I agree that some people talk extra mad shit on record, but Joe Buddens and Method Man fistfighting over a corny ass Vibe Magazine list is a lame reason to knuckle up.

peace to the Falcon :lol:

hired gun, you don't have to agree with nothing. Joe Buddens himself says all the time that he's an asshole. He's got lots of video of his life out online, where its easy enough to make the observation. He disses his own manager to his face, and Slaughterhouse members laugh in his face at how Saigon dragon punched him with his second song in their battle.

After a while, it's pretty fair to state a few things about people's personalities in hip hop. People like MF DOOM and Redman, their actual selves are somewhat understood by long time listeners. Of course not all the way, but we know Doom is a recluse, and Redman is an easy going cat. Joe Buddens is an asshole. He still writes some sick rhymes sometimes... but he's nothing near Method Man status as a superstar, period.

:wutang:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I agree that some people talk extra mad shit on record, but Joe Buddens and Method Man fistfighting over a corny ass Vibe Magazine list is a lame reason to knuckle up.
:arrow:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Joe Budden dissed Method Man on the Slaughterhouse album, and it's too late to take it out, btw. lol.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Magneto wrote:Joe Budden dissed Method Man on the Slaughterhouse album, and it's too late to take it out, btw. lol.
:shit:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Magneto wrote:Joe Budden dissed Method Man on the Slaughterhouse album, and it's too late to take it out, btw. lol.
:shit:
http://twitter.com/ElliottWilson/status/2745552751

Why wouldn't he tell Method when they had their little walk in the park? LOL. What a douche.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

naturalborn103 wrote:inspectah deck looks just like JB smooth
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong balls.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I remember when Game was beefin wit BUdden and I never thought id get tired of hearing buddens rip niggas, his diss to Game(not bigshot or the g-unit one) but the one over the D.O.C. beat was just nasty as can be, but now i'm bored of this nigga
im more interested in the jack wax beef now that hus is out
UBM CD COMING SOON

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I remember when Game was beefin wit BUdden and I never thought id get tired of hearing buddens rip niggas, his diss to Game(not bigshot or the g-unit one) but the one over the D.O.C. beat was just nasty as can be, but now i'm bored of this nigga
All his G-Unit/Game disses were dope as fuck.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Magneto wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:I remember when Game was beefin wit BUdden and I never thought id get tired of hearing buddens rip niggas, his diss to Game(not bigshot or the g-unit one) but the one over the D.O.C. beat was just nasty as can be, but now i'm bored of this nigga
All his G-Unit/Game disses were dope as fuck.
I'll certainly give him that.

"Big Shot" is one of the only songs that I think :copy: 'ed 50, ever. That song is AWESOME. Curtis never responded.

asshole vs. megalomaniac.

rap is outta control :rofl:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Employee wrote:
Magneto wrote:Everyone knows he doesn't sell records, but his albums are critically acclaimed.
:rofl:
needs to be echoed
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
moved by duck muscles

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

hired gun wrote:
zygmontone wrote:failing to make a good studio album is a legitimate point, but trying to use sales as an indicator of artistic merit is pretty :fail:
What does the Belichek mean? I think that what is getting major pub, and being talked about specifically with a larger mainstream audience is tied to what is or isn't selling. Acts that are on majors and most importantly selling the most (or are predicted to....) generate the most noise and churn. That's it. Whether the album is good or not, or the artist is artistic or not has nothing to do with what they sell, just how much attention they'll draw.
i don't know what it means it's the face i would have made at you in real life had you tried to argue that album sales or how many cars a record's blasting out of determines the quality of that album

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

zygmontone wrote:
hired gun wrote:
zygmontone wrote:failing to make a good studio album is a legitimate point, but trying to use sales as an indicator of artistic merit is pretty :fail:
What does the Belichek mean? I think that what is getting major pub, and being talked about specifically with a larger mainstream audience is tied to what is or isn't selling. Acts that are on majors and most importantly selling the most (or are predicted to....) generate the most noise and churn. That's it. Whether the album is good or not, or the artist is artistic or not has nothing to do with what they sell, just how much attention they'll draw.
i don't know what it means it's the face i would have made at you in real life had you tried to argue that album sales or how many cars a record's blasting out of determines the quality of that album
As evidence here, quality of an album is subjective by whose judging it and tastes. Thats why if you dont have an agreed upon rubric on shit, its a circular argument. But that wasn't what I was arguing anyway. If you make the statement something has critical acclaim, what are you basing that on. It has to be a universal standard, or what's the point.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I all ready explained how it was Critically Acclaimed.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Magneto wrote:I all ready explained how it was Critically Acclaimed.
I know man I know :lol: just breakin it down for zygmontone

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Can anyone upload those Budden disses to Game and vice versa? Never heard them or saw them posted.

starks

Post by starks »

yeah interested in hearing those as well