Scaramanga - 7 Eyes, 7 Horns. Do you like it?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

scara is definitely in my top 10, if not top 5.
this album is bogged down by scholarwise though! dude sucks.
i would put money on it that scara wrote that shit in his wikipedia. have you ever peeped his myspace? haha he has like every major record label in his top friends and all kind of weird shit.

young god

Post by young god »

Blockhead wrote:
young god wrote:He charges 10,000 for a song, and half a million for a project. :lol:
this can't be true
where'd you read that? :lol:
i doubt he's made $10, 000 off all the music he's ever made combined.

I know that's what was so funny about it. I think he must be a little bit insane. Those are some real delusional demands. Those are the numbers his "manager" gave us. actually I remember, it was also 6,000 for a verse. haha. . we approached him to do some songs or a project on myspace. the latest shit i heard of his was reeeaally lo-fi and unprofessional too.

young god

Post by young god »

nickwoj wrote:scara is definitely in my top 10, if not top 5.
this album is bogged down by scholarwise though! dude sucks.
i would put money on it that scara wrote that shit in his wikipedia. have you ever peeped his myspace? haha he has like every major record label in his top friends and all kind of weird shit.
yeah, scholarwise is garbage. I too noticed that he had some off choices of top friends on his myspace. I think he went off the deep end...

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

the cobra commander jawn was dope

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

dope album. mind i.c. mine got so many spins from me, that track was murder

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Dope album that has aged well.

Kilgore786

Post by Kilgore786 »

Great album...

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

I'm the biggest Stanamanga on the planet.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Verge

Post by Verge »

I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:I'm the biggest Stanamanga on the planet.
If this is so, what do you know about the "32 Grams On The Scale" demo?
:lol: I had that shit on a Bobbito tape from like 95 or 96 and have been looking for it since.
If you haven't heard it, you'll love it, when it surfaces...

DLG

Post by DLG »

:rofl: @ drizzle and the brow

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

I remembert when it came out, "Special EFX" was on repeat, and I'd ocassionally skip over to "StripClub Bait" and the other slow one with the haunting hanging string and awful hook.

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Does a decent sounding version of '"Flashin' 50's" exist?
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Dope album. I haven't seen it mentioned it yet so I'll throw out this bit of trivia:

He stole the beat for "Strip Club Bait" from Kutmasta Kurt off of a tape. That's why it sounds shitty and he went with the concept of it being on the phone (and added the phone noises). It's the only song on the album he "produced" in the credits. Kurt still used the beat for "Magnum Be I" on the Masters of Illusion album, though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QH99JaXY-E&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QH99JaXY-E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMowQNkjAuE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMowQNkjAuE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Verge

Post by Verge »

:ohsh:

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

shouts to my framed einstein rosen bridge poster on the wall haha

does anybody remember when he had a sports column that i think only lasted for a month? what mag was it for?

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

^b&W Insomniac ?
Possibly ego trip/lifesucksdie/mass appeal, but I have a vague memory of reading the column, and I'm leaning insomniac

godmc

Post by godmc »

the 7xl joint with puba and x is ill.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Verge wrote:
:lol: I had that shit on a Bobbito tape from like 95 or 96 and have been looking for it since.
Damn ok you got me there, looks like I might not be the biggest Stanamanga after all :lol: but I would love to hear that demo!!
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

I loved this album. It's probably one of my favorite albums of the late 90's.

The songs Scaramanga aka Sir Menelik collaborated with Kool Keith on are classic. Shame they never did an album together.

I also wish Godfather Don, and Scara did an album together. That ish would have been ridiculous.

This thread just reminded be to listen to "7 Eyes, 7 Horns" again ASAP.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

^Listened today.
Only 3 tracks made it to itunes.
DULLAH wrote:"Special EFX" "StripClub Bait" and the other slow one with the haunting hanging string and awful hook.
"Mind IC Mine"

Didn't realize the phone beat was Kutmasta Kurt. :gyeah:
:phila: posters have all the trivial pursuit sh!t.

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

Star Of The Empire >>>>>

that's the only track that really does anything for me on this album. probably one of my top 10 all time joints. It's amazing. the rest, I'm not really feeling...it's far from wack but never anything I would choose to listen to, personally... and that's more to do with the beats in general, than the emceeing - which is obviously solid. that's my 2c, anyway...

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

great record. great mc.

quick sidenote vordul definitely didnt bite his style, i was in a group with vordul back in like 95, and he had been rhyming that way for quite some time. granted his style went more towards a street style as he got older but it was still the same style of delivery and phrasing.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Alaska, I still knock some joints off that "Centa Of Da Web" record.
Shit's dope. "Ill Visions" was always my shit.
I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:
Verge wrote:
Damn ok you got me there, looks like I might not be the biggest Stanamanga after all :lol: but I would love to hear that demo!!
Nah, it was only played one time and I doubt more than a couple of hundred
people who cared what it was heard it. I'm sure someone still got it on a tape
somewhere. Hope it surfaces.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Verge wrote:Alaska, I still knock some joints off that "Centa Of Da Web" record.
i think i still have the green vinyl somewhere.

Verge

Post by Verge »

ALASKA wrote:
Verge wrote:Alaska, I still knock some joints off that "Centa Of Da Web" record.
Yea, I had a copy. Left in Arizona, long story.
I'm sure you know it goes for a pretty penny, nowadays-
http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/10779270?ev=bp_titl

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Verge wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Yea, I had a copy. Left in Arizona, long story.
I'm sure you know it goes for a pretty penny, nowadays-
http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/10779270?ev=bp_titl
SERIOUSLY?!??!??!??!?!!?!

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Sick, sick, sick album. Love it. Intro to 'Cash Flow' = :bow:
godmc wrote:the 7xl joint with puba and x is ill.
This track was only on the reissue and I think it, and the other bonus tracks, ruin the flow of the album.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Love Scaramanga. Seven Eyes and the Octagon stuff with Keith seemed to be the extent of him having his shit together. That's a shame.

But he is definitely crazy.

Read an insane interview with him saying he don't play live because all the bigger NY rappers would bite his routines. He's doing some shit that's so mind blowing he has to keep it to himself? Like there would be moles in the audience for Jay and Nas with pinhole cameras in their fedoras...what the fuck is he? Magic?!?

*bumps Sugar 99*

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

Smitty wrote:Love Scaramanga. Seven Eyes and the Octagon stuff with Keith seemed to be the extent of him having his shit together. That's a shame.

But he is definitely crazy.

Read an insane interview with him saying he don't play live because all the bigger NY rappers would bite his routines. He's doing some shit that's so mind blowing he has to keep it to himself? Like there would be moles in the audience for Jay and Nas with pinhole cameras in their fedoras...what the fuck is he? Magic?!?

*bumps Sugar 99*
wow no need to wunder why he aint doin shit no more then. what a fuckin waste

Harco

Post by Harco »

Odnet wrote:Dope album. I haven't seen it mentioned it yet so I'll throw out this bit of trivia:

He stole the beat for "Strip Club Bait" from Kutmasta Kurt off of a tape. That's why it sounds shitty and he went with the concept of it being on the phone (and added the phone noises). It's the only song on the album he "produced" in the credits. Kurt still used the beat for "Magnum Be I" on the Masters of Illusion album, though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QH99JaXY-E&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_QH99JaXY-E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMowQNkjAuE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMowQNkjAuE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Interesting read. Keith and Scara had beef later on, if I recall correctly. Was that because of Scara jacking this beat, or what? Does anyone know?