Jay-Z on Bill Maher 8/28

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

<object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/servic ... o"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/servic ... 1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

rainmaker

Post by rainmaker »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_v19N7ajZBU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_v19N7ajZBU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

indianaJ0nes wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
indianaJ0nes wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Both kind of out of their element. Maher does a lot of slobbing which isn't always the case. Jay-Z comes off relaxed but seems a bit calculated. Interesting interview though.
I think it's easy to come off as calculated when you have to explain all these rudimentary topics to a guy like maher who is definitely out of his element

this was pretty good although i don't get the book maher gives jay around 12:20 which has no words in it yet jay plays it off like a great gift...right over my head
The book was every song he's ever wrote transcribed.
maybe i need to get some bi-focals as those pages looks pretty blank to me
the idea is that he never writes his lyrics down. therefore, the pages are blank...

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

RAZAH CUTZ wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Trademark wrote:Bill Maher is a complete faggot.
That faggot gets more woman (and hotter) than most people on the board. All colors yo!
Karrine Steffans?

I think I'll pass on that.....
:larry:

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

The interview was decent, although everyone always ends up asking him the same questions and he always goes down the same road with his answers. I am a big fan of the show tho. The Charlie Rose interview was so much better, but then again, Charlie Rose is the best interviewer of all time so that would be hard to beat.

Post by 360 »

LOL@ people thinking it was a good interview.

Jay was nervous. You could see it all over his face. All I got from that interview was that Jay Z is a highly inarticulate dude. Weezy could have produced a more fluid sentence than Jay.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Jay-Z always sounds gay and nervous when the cameras are on.

I don't know if it's because he gets nervous or because he's gay.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

This was entertaining, but definitely a soft interview.

Dunno why folks think Jay is overcalculating, he's in a position no other rapper's been in before, he should be choosing his words carefully.

Although it'd be nice to see these two shooting the shit after a couple drinks and that weed they were smirking about.

I don't think there was a shot at Game in there. If so, that's the most subtle diss ever...

agent b

Post by agent b »

Kalistoga wrote:
indianaJ0nes wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
indianaJ0nes wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Both kind of out of their element. Maher does a lot of slobbing which isn't always the case. Jay-Z comes off relaxed but seems a bit calculated. Interesting interview though.
I think it's easy to come off as calculated when you have to explain all these rudimentary topics to a guy like maher who is definitely out of his element

this was pretty good although i don't get the book maher gives jay around 12:20 which has no words in it yet jay plays it off like a great gift...right over my head
The book was every song he's ever wrote transcribed.
maybe i need to get some bi-focals as those pages looks pretty blank to me
the idea is that he never writes his lyrics down. therefore, the pages are blank...
caught this in HD tonight, the pages definitely have printed lyrics, not blank. so yeah, very cool of maher. great interview too, despite the fact that nothing about BP3 has wowed me so far.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

I just know that Jay and Bill >>>>>> Nas and Nadwar

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

cenzi wrote:I just know that Jay and Bill >>>>>> Nas and Nadwar
:fail:

as boring as the line of questioning was.. it still can't compare to the turd of an interview with brad pitt the week before
i'm a fan of the show.. but unless he convinces them to join panel, bringing these celebrities on is worthless

i'm sure jay could hold his weight at least as well as jay leno's sorry ass performance

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

cenzi wrote:I just know that Jay and Bill >>>>>> Nas and Nadwar
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: / :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

ric

Post by ric »

so is this the latest format of mahers show? interviews #1 and #2 and some new rules in the middle and after? dumb. i havent seen it in a couple seasons and thats disappointing

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

only a few shows per season

ric

Post by ric »

oh ok. whew

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

The brad pitt one wasn't that bad. But bill always jumps on cock when its someone that big...

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

ogie wrote:bill maher may be kind of a herb but he is a smart dude and a legendary poon-hound. i kind of enjoy that he has been putting some of these rap cats in a forum where you don't normally hear them.

putting mos def up against rushdie and hitchens was cruel though.
It was a necessary evil, and hilarious. I'd love to see Harold Bloom tear up Common and Kweli next season.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote: I'd love to see Harold Bloom tear up Common and Kweli next season.
:killacam:

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

Philaflava wrote:
RAZAH CUTZ wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Trademark wrote:Bill Maher is a complete faggot.
That faggot gets more woman (and hotter) than most people on the board. All colors yo!
Karrine Steffans?

I think I'll pass on that.....
You really think that's it? You know about that one because she wrote a book. Bill Maher is a notorious pimp. His 2nd home is at the Playboy Mansion.
http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrities ... -maher.htm

Bill's alleged poon trail. :ohsh:

It was an OK interview. Jay-Z did seem nervous.

He called Kanye a "genious". :rofl:

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Liked the interview. Jay's confidence is immeasurable. He's a powerful dude who is trying to play not powerful, but at the same time remind you he is.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Cash Rulz wrote:Liked the interview. Jay's confidence is immeasurable. He's a powerful dude who is trying to play not powerful, but at the same time remind you he is.
How 'bout he's a rich old fruit who's trying to squeeze the last drop of talent and dignity from his soul so he can get one last big score before he hits 60 and Beyonce puts him in a nursing home???

Jedisdope

Post by Jedisdope »

when jay-z laughs it sounds like someone doing an impression of jay-z laughing.
http://www.jedirosenberg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@broodbabyjed

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Money Gripp wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:Liked the interview. Jay's confidence is immeasurable. He's a powerful dude who is trying to play not powerful, but at the same time remind you he is.
How 'bout he's a rich old fruit who's trying to squeeze the last drop of talent and dignity from his soul so he can get one last big score before he hits 60 and Beyonce puts him in a nursing home???
If you consider 39 old then I'm really not paying attention to this.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
It's way too fucking old to be making fag-rap.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

how big was the typeface to fill that book?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
It's way too fucking old to be making fag-rap.