Roxanne Shante, Bullshit Artist

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

rhickey

Roxanne Shante, Bullshit Artist

Post by rhickey »

http://www.slate.com/id/2227090/pagenum/all/#p2
[quote]
One problem: Virtually everything about the Daily News' heartwarming "projects-to-Ph.D." story appears to be false.
An investigation by Slate has revealed:
According to Warner, neither it nor any of its subsidiary record labels ever had a contract with Shant

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

:meh:

citizen

Post by citizen »

best thread about roxanne shante in the last month?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

the issue with who paid her education.....thats whatever (even of Warner and Pop Art denies it) but the fact the school she claimed she attended has never heard of her or doesn't a record of her attending there......:fail:

whats really going on?

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

citizen wrote:best thread about roxanne shante in the last month?
yeah sorry about that. Safari was being a faggot and not letting me search and I couldn't be bothered to comb through pages of topics on my tint ass phone

Thun

Post by Thun »

Clearly she was telling the truth and this is just the work of Dr Ice and the Educated Rapper trying to discredit her.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Used to worship Marley Marl, now you jock Image

pukaface

Post by pukaface »

It sounded like the script of a Disney Movie.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Money Gripp wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

please tell me that his afro is not in the shape of an open-face hat :lol:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

ardamus wrote:
Money Gripp wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

please tell me that his afro is not in the shape of an open-face hat :lol:
:lol:
Sylvester James (Jim) Gates, Jr. (born December 15, 1950) is a noted American theoretical physicist. He received BS and PhD degrees from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the latter in 1977. His doctoral thesis was the first thesis at MIT to deal with supersymmetry. Gates is currently the John S. Toll Professor of Physics at the University of Maryland, College Park and serves on President Barack Obama's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. [1] He is known for his work on supersymmetry, supergravity, and superstring theory. In 1984, working with M. T. Grisaru, M. Rocek, W. Siegel, Gates co-authored ``Superspace, the first comprehensive book on the topic of supersymmetry.[2]

Gates has been featured extensively on many NOVA PBS programs on physics, most notably The Elegant Universe in 2003. In 2006, he completed a DVD series titled "Superstring Theory: The DNA of Reality" for The Teaching Company composed of 24 half-hour lectures to make the complexities of unification theory comprehensible to laypeople.[3] During the 2008 World Science Festival, Prof. Gates narrated [4] a ballet "The Elegant Universe" where he gave a public presentation of the artist forms[5] connected to his scientific research.

He thinks ardamus should stop comin' at him sideways lest he has to smack fire out his ass

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i'll break out some hairclippers and make that muthafucka faint. don't play with me.......

Thun

Post by Thun »

Moral of the story, rappers - if you want to fake credentials, make a claim that can't be easily investigated and refuted. Ain't no snooping ass reporter gonna try and tell Smooth Da Hustler that he ain't a certified Tologist (without the derma), ya feel me?

frank b

Post by frank b »

This saddens me.
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

hip hop :bunk:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

*snatches back the props*

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

does she have a record coming out? a book?

Why the hell did she need a couple of weeks of publicity if she has neither a PhD or a product to shill?

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

ardamus wrote:Image
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am STILL laughing my ass off...

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

mike eagle wrote:does she have a record coming out? a book?

Why the hell did she need a couple of weeks of publicity if she has neither a PhD or a product to shill?
yeah i was thinking the same shit. what is the point?
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:

i forgot what documentary it was that she mentioned it in but it was known for a while; it was a documentary about some of the early battles/beefs in hip hop if i remember correctly......way before the article was written about her attending college even surfaced. i guess the heat and the press about it is more so coming from research people have done to see if it was legit.

whoever paid her what isn't saying shit though.....

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

ardamus wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:

i forgot what documentary it was that she mentioned it in but it was known for a while; it was a documentary about some of the early battles/beefs in hip hop if i remember correctly......way before the article was written about her attending college even surfaced. i guess the heat and the press about it is more so coming from research people have done to see if it was legit.

I think it was on the first Beef.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Odnet wrote:
ardamus wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:

yep. you right......i think they played it on BET one night and when the credits are rolling, she mentions the whole label paying for her education part....

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

i believe her...nh

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

ardamus wrote:
Odnet wrote:
ardamus wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:

yep. you right......i think they played it on BET one night and when the credits are rolling, she mentions the whole label paying for her education part....
It was also on both the VH1's 100 Greatest 1-Hit Wonders and 100 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs special.

Going back further, it was on the 25 Large MTV special from '99. That's where I first heard it.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://cantstopwontstop.com/blog/the-st ... nte-story/
[quote]Who Gotcha? :: The Story Behind The Story Behind The Roxanne Shante Story
Thursday, September 3rd, 2009
By Wayne Marshall and Jeff Chang

First, his ג€œdisinterestג€: his Slate piece contains, at the bottom, what seems like a standard statement of disclosure: ג€œWhile an attorney in private practice in the early 2000s, he represented numerous AOL Time Warner entities, including several Warner Music Group companies, on issues unrelated to Roxanne Shant

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

imagine if every rapper got this kind of deal

redhead kingpin could open his own waterpark

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

ardamus wrote:
i forgot what documentary it was that she mentioned it in but it was known for a while; it was a documentary about some of the early battles/beefs in hip hop if i remember correctly......

I saw this movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode! I think it was called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

[quote="Employee"]http://cantstopwontstop.com/blog/the-st ... nte-story/
[quote]Who Gotcha? :: The Story Behind The Story Behind The Roxanne Shante Story
Thursday, September 3rd, 2009
By Wayne Marshall and Jeff Chang

First, his ג€œdisinterestג€: his Slate piece contains, at the bottom, what seems like a standard statement of disclosure: ג€œWhile an attorney in private practice in the early 2000s, he represented numerous AOL Time Warner entities, including several Warner Music Group companies, on issues unrelated to Roxanne Shant