Blueprint 3

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

^^^ I have heard TWO songs on Cuban Linx 2, and they DESTROY BP3.

you must be out of your Vulcan mind, homie. :wutang:
Trademark wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:you guys, Jay-Z says he's about to make his 'Electric Circus':
"I've always said I believe in good music and bad music. ... I like music. The second Blueprint, the reason it was all over the place is because I like music so much. You have tracks with Lenny Kravitz then Sean Paul. Dr. Dre. It's all over the place because of my taste in music. I like music. My next album, which I'm working on now -- that's exclusive, no one knows that -- is gonna be the album that really -- it's not gonna be a number one album. That's where I'm at right now. I wanna make the most experimental album I ever made. But let's not deal with that now; I want to deal with The Blueprint 3." (MTV)
:killacam: :naswtf: :jayz:

we don't believe you, you need more people :rofl:

will he finally stop giving a fuck what people think and make something more witty and sharp than 'Reasonable Doubt'? FINALLY?

I doubt it.

if you haven't figured it out by now, it won't be revolutionary but rather a full collaborative album with Chris martin playing the piano and hitting a tamborine. That's where Jay is at right now. We are more likely to get an 808 and heartbreaks than a Cold Vein from Jay.
the shrieks from MIA's slumdog millionaire baby birthing will be sampled by Kanye wearing a velcro silk beret and incorporated into a retro-proto-boom bip ditty with Italian opera flourishes

Jay will somehow try to convince us it's more next level than 'The Love Below'

:jayz:

rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

Can we talk about albums that are relevant in 2009 ? Neither Jay Z or Raekwon have made such albums since 95-96 ... they fell the fuck off hard ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ACTHEPD wrote:Can we talk about albums that are relevant in 2009 ? Neither Jay Z or Raekwon have made such albums since 95-96 ... they fell the fuck off hard ...
you are insane.

my good deed for the day is to ask a clearly insane dog with apparent access to the internet: "hey Spot, what albums do you think are relevant in 2009? especially since albums released in 2009 aren't relevant in 2009 to you, ARF ARF"
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

This album is slowly growing on me. Even though the content is all over the place and I hate how the album is sequenced....Jay-Z is atleast rapping his ass off again. Production is pretty interesting too, I didn't think so at first cause it sounded kind shitty on my computer speakers but it sounds great in the car. I already like it better than his last two.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Willie B wrote:bp3>ob4cl2
Listen both again and let those new age synth pads seep in.

Small Pro

Post by Small Pro »

the Wiper wrote:got that and cuban linx 2 today at lunch from my boy..

taking the garbage out tonight and the teenage kids (there's always like, 8 of 'em hanging out) were playing some old jay.

so i ran inside, burnt 'em a copy of this, and walked over and told the one kid, 'here, i heard yall listening to jayz, this is the new one that comes out in 2 weeks'.

the look on his face was awesome.

girl said, 'what he'd give you?'

he goes, 'the NEW jay-z, BLUEPRINT 3, that doesn't even come out for another 2 WEEKS'

she goes, 'well, can we put it in?'

'hellllll yes!!! thanks man!'

felt like i fit in with the 16 year old skater culture for a second there... :)

plus, my house won't get randomly egged now, lol.
fuckin' awesome (c) jay-z

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

hey guys!

i like it. 'forever young' is one of the worst songs he's ever made though.
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

step one

Post by step one »

album is worse than being anally gangbanged by AIDS infected lepers (probably)
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

undoubtedly hov's worst album. there are no standout tracks, only listenable ones vs unlistenable ones. most hooks are TERRIBLE and many of the beats are synth bullshit

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Ppl are forcing themselves to like this shit. It's like pretending Hulk Hogan is still a good wrestler when he gets in the ring once a year at Wrestlemania and jobs for 10 minutes before he does his leg drop. Album is horrible and being that Raekwon just dropped I don't see why anyone would want to talk, listen or remember this crap.

Seduce

Post by Seduce »

yet this thread is close to 9 pages long, and at the top of the forum.

Seduce

Post by Seduce »

Actually, since we are on the topic.

What the FUCK is up with the way he sounds on the "New York" song. That voice is comical. Does he think he can do Lil Wayne voices now?

Also Alicia Keys murdered him on his own shit. Thats super duper bad. Kanye killing you on your own shit seems logical.

Alicia Keys blasting your head off, eh. Quit or die or something.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

it's a good album that seems to be growing on me with each day. I don't like every song, but I enjoy a majority of it.

shortyblack

Post by shortyblack »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:you guys, Jay-Z says he's about to make his 'Electric Circus':
"I've always said I believe in good music and bad music. ... I like music. The second Blueprint, the reason it was all over the place is because I like music so much. You have tracks with Lenny Kravitz then Sean Paul. Dr. Dre. It's all over the place because of my taste in music. I like music. My next album, which I'm working on now -- that's exclusive, no one knows that -- is gonna be the album that really -- it's not gonna be a number one album. That's where I'm at right now. I wanna make the most experimental album I ever made. But let's not deal with that now; I want to deal with The Blueprint 3." (MTV)

will he finally stop giving a fuck what people think and make something more witty and sharp than 'Reasonable Doubt'? FINALLY?

I doubt it.
maybe philaflava could get an interview and give jay-z some advice

tell the brother that he doesnt ahve to do the bs, he has our respect and we will cop regardless.

there needs to be like a network of support consisting of edo g, kelis, questlove, nerd, the beatnuts, beenie man, and count bass d, masta ace, scarface and the rza

they could be like a consultant group for hip hop artists

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

shortyblack wrote:

I doubt it.
maybe philaflava could get an interview and give jay-z some advice

tell the brother that he doesnt ahve to do the bs, he has our respect and we will cop regardless.

there needs to be like a network of support consisting of edo g, kelis, questlove, nerd, the beatnuts, beenie man, and count bass d, masta ace, scarface and the rza

they could be like a consultant group for hip hop artists
he will pick most of the wrong ARTISTES to collaborate with. From the looks of it now, tt'll be a Coldplay/MIA/MGMT wankfest.

if he even gets ?uestlove, Karriem Riggins, Common, and Mos Def, I'll be surprised.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

[quote]OK Magazine reports:

In the upcoming October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, hip-hop impresario Jay-Z opens up to to Oprah Winfrey about his rise from teen drug dealer to superstar to being Mr. Beyonc

Verge

Post by Verge »

whiteytall wrote:good interview
:blaowarrow:

Nathan Blaze

Post by Nathan Blaze »

The best thing Jay-z could do for his music right now is get rid of kanye west.

ric

Post by ric »

jesus you guys are the most :owens: bitches ever about this album.

face it, youre not his target anymore. doesnt mean the music is shit just because it doesnt sound like emeritus.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

BP3 is a snorefest.... Jay needs to give Primo, Clark Kent, Ski and Just Blaze a call or someshit...

I think people should be talking about the Blaqprint instead.

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

i am a pretty big jay-z apologist.

but this album is boring as fuck.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Raekwon #1 on itunes today.
:cheers:
J = #3

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Verge wrote:Raekwon #1 on itunes today.
J = #3

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Is there any bonus track / exclusive version? I see there appears to be a version with a bonus DVD out there.

I see a bunch of places listing a 'deluxe version' but that's just from rhapsody I think, a couple of bonus songs to download that you can download anywhere anyways isn't a deluxe version, it's still just a legal bootleg...

but better than making you do research before you buy the wrong version in a store. like I'm doing now...

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Willie B wrote:bp3>ob4cl2
EXACTLY!!!

The Jay-Z hate is strictly for hate's sake. This is the hottest album this year, in fact in a couple. Outside of two tracks, this album is Jay at some of his wittiest.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

HustleCrowe wrote:BP3 is a snorefest.... Jay needs to give Primo, Clark Kent, Ski and Just Blaze a call or someshit...

I think people should be talking about the Blaqprint instead.
talk about a snorefest. That Blaqprint album is filled with Premier throwaway beats except for like two.
1. "What We Talkin' About" (featuring Luke Steele)
2. "Thank You"
3. "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)"
4. "Run This Town" (featuring Rihanna and Kanye West)
5. "Empire State of Mind" (featuring Alicia Keys)
6. "Real as It Gets" (featuring Young Jeezy)
7. "On to the Next One" (featuring Swizz Beatz)

8. "Off That" (featuring Drake)
9. "A Star Is Born" (featuring J. Cole)
10. "Venus vs. Mars"

11. "Already Home" (featuring Kid Cudi)
12. "Hate" (featuring Kanye West)
13. "Reminder"
14. "So Ambitious" (featuring Pharrell)
15. "Young Forever" (featuring Mr Hudson)
These songs are fucking terrible. The rest of the ones are pretty good.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="448" height="374"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... lrT6GjR356" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... lrT6GjR356" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed> </object>

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ He is a bit more relaxed but you can tell he's trying a bit too hard with that cool comedy steez. He must have watched tons of The Office on his vaca.

harbourmc

Post by harbourmc »

I would love to be there the first time kanye played that A Star is Born beat to Jay. Even NOiD couldn't straighten out that fruit fest. It has a few good moments but i'm with the where's just blaze, and primo contingent. I really like Thank You a lot though, and that new york song is dope too, even though jay kinda loses his shit for a bit. It's no Blueprint 2 though.