VH1 Hip Hop Honours 2009

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

step one

VH1 Hip Hop Honours 2009

Post by step one »

Highlights swiped from XXL:
-DMX rejuvenated and bouncing around the stage performing ג€œParty Up (Up in Here)ג€ as if he didnג€™t just spend the last chunk of his life behind bars,

- Trey Songz trying out his best baritone voice as he played Nate Dogg in Warren Gג€™s smoothed out classic ג€œRegulateג€

- Scarface and Luda reuniting onstage as Facemob went through a killer rendition of ג€œGuess Whoג€™s Backג€ and Luda tore the house down with ג€œSouthern Hospitalityג€

- A huge medley of Def Jam hits performed by Kid Rock, Ghostface, EPMD, Wale channeling Kanye, and Fabolous doing his best Jay-Z alongside Foxy Brown, while DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Roots served as the back-up band.

While I wasnג€™t blown away by Eminemג€™s tribute to LL Cool J it was pretty bugged seeing him ג€œRock the Bellsג€ with Black Thought and Jazzy Jeff. Plus watching Lyor Cohen, Russell Simmons and Chris Rockג€™s reactions to all the performances is always entertaining.
2 immediate reactions:

- this year looks a bit too 'new'. Previous years held it down for the old skool, now it looks like they've skipped the early 90s and are headed straight to Jay/Kanye/Luda/DMX.

- why the fuck is Kid Rock there EVERY year?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Its like The Source Awards now. There is no integrity in these honor shows anymore.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:Its like The Source Awards now. There is no integrity in these honor shows anymore.
Not yet. They need more violence in order to compete with The Source Awards.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

That mass media bullshit was always a joke ... Just like YoMTVRaps, this is HipHop spreading its legs letting the mass media fuck it ... One more thing, fuck Missy Elliot and ANYBODY who thinks she is HipHop related ... Remember when they honored her? Respect out the window ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

step one

Post by step one »

the crowd does usually consist of a large amount of hot girls aged around 21-26 who cant possibly know about Whodini/Too Short/BDK etc

is it a ticket thing or mainly industry/invite only?

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

ACTHEPD wrote:That mass media bullshit was always a joke ... Just like YoMTVRaps, this is HipHop spreading its legs letting the mass media fuck it ...
:clay:

Man, how could you play da gawds Ed Lover & Dr. Dre like pooh-butts.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

damn i missed my chance to be on tv again
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

ACTHEPD wrote:fuck Missy Elliot and ANYBODY who thinks she is HipHop related ... Remember when they honored her? Respect out the window ...
I gotta agree with this 100%. This bitch won a "hip hop" grammy in 98.
That shit still irks me. Granted hip hop wasn't at it's peak in 98, but there
was a damn lot more deserving people than that bulldog predator lookin
ass bitch.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Verge wrote:
ACTHEPD wrote:fuck Missy Elliot and ANYBODY who thinks she is HipHop related ... Remember when they honored her? Respect out the window ...
ass bitch.
This happened? She actually won a Grammy Award?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Echo Leader wrote:
Verge wrote:
ass bitch.
I'm pretty sure I read it in the Ego Trip Book Of Rap Lists.
Shameful.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

didn't anyone notice that they said "FAce and Luda REUNITE as Facemob" ????

Luda wasn't part of Facemob... AND he wasn't a part of "Guess Whoג€™s Back"... WTF...

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Thun

Post by Thun »

I like Missy Elliot. I'd rathe rlisten to her beter throwback style songs than listen to a new Blaq Poet album.

Verge

Post by Verge »

^ :larry:
Verge wrote:
Echo Leader wrote:
Verge wrote:
ass bitch.
I'm pretty sure I read it in the Ego Trip Book Of Rap Lists.
Shameful.
Wikipedia says I'm wrong.
But it says that in 1998 she was nominated for "best rap solo
performance"
and lost to Will Smith. And her album was nominated for
"best rap album" but lost to Puff Daddy.

I would hope we could all agree that all of this is garbage and none of it
should have won shit and Old Dirty was the only good thing about that
bullshit award show.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2-5GSjZvW8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2-5GSjZvW8&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I think Missy is talented and I do think she respects and understands the music. It's not like she's Lil Mama, I mean Missy clearly was a fan of Native Tongues growing up. I just rather not hear her over Blaq Poet, lol.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

em should have did "momma said knock you out" topless

PackFM

Post by PackFM »

they're honoring the 25th anniversary of def jam

i had a long conversation with one of the organizers re: what order they honor people in

and they arent going in order of oldest to newest or best to worst. they just try to cover a wide spectrum of artists and contributors for each program... and so far u cant front...for the MOST part all the honorees have been pretty deserving.
I F*CKING HATE RAPPERS
MAY 25, 2010
http://www.ifuckinghaterappers.com

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

Fuck Def Jam ... sellout ass label ... the last good EPMD and Redman (Muddy Waters) albums were the last time they were relative to HipHop ... after that, it was over for them ... they died to HipHop after that ... so any mass media program dedicated to them is a non-issue to HipHop in 2009 ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

step one

Post by step one »

didn't anyone notice that they said "FAce and Luda REUNITE as Facemob" ????

Luda wasn't part of Facemob... AND he wasn't a part of "Guess Whoג€™s Back"... WTF...
I dont think they meant to imply he was. Its XXL, you have to allow for poor writing and general shittiness.

also, I cant believe AC is still posting after being on the end of such a serious sonning the other day.
No one cares what you think about anything dude, give it up.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

jesus christ, stop inviting Kid Rock to these things.....that closet republican makes me sick and he can't rhyme....

also heard last night that Black Thought has a routine with Eminem on this year's show....

Lurk Uno

Post by Lurk Uno »

i watch these shows but I don't put much stock in em..it's VH1...C'mon now

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

ACTHEPD wrote:Fuck Def Jam ... sellout ass label ... the last good EPMD and Redman (Muddy Waters) albums were the last time they were relative to HipHop ... after that, it was over for them ... they died to HipHop after that ... so any mass media program dedicated to them is a non-issue to HipHop in 2009 ...
Dude just go suck Jaz's dick some more and shut up

DLG

Post by DLG »

Thun wrote:I like Missy Elliot. I'd rathe rlisten to her beter throwback style songs than listen to a new Blaq Poet album.

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

Perception is a mother fucker, ain't it ... ? I thought that the sonning was on all of you, Stepson ... I have called your bluff several times, and you have constantly went out like a sucker ... Who listens to the new Poet LP more than once or twice, without moving on to the next? I wasn't happy with that one either ... But back to perception, this room is a great example that everybody has a different reality ... HipHop is the unity that transcends the Separatism that infects the masses ... which is what makes the human shade tree suckers who always are vs. AC The PD NOT HipHop ... they cannot accept our differences and give respect mutually because: DON'T WANT EVERYBODY TO REALIZE THAT AC THE PD IS EVERYTHING THEY ARE TRYING TO BE BUT CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYERS OF A 'GAME', THEY ARE INDUSTRY WHORES, THEY ARE WANNABES AND POSERS ... And no matter how hard they lie to themselves about it: THEY ARE TAKING FROM AN ART AND CULTURE WAAAAYYYYYYYY MORE THAN THEY EVER GAVE OR GIVE TO IT ... VULTURE ASS INTERNET CLONES OF STYLES AND ORIGINATORS WHO YOU LEARN FROM, AND THEN PERPETRATE LIKE YOU DIDN'T LEARN EVERYTHING FROM THEM ... LEECH ASS COMPUTER BUMS, WHEN I LIVE A LIFE THAT YOU ONLY WISH YOU COULD DAILY, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A DENT IN MY CONFIDENCE ... WHEN I AM LIVE ON THE TURNTABLES, WHEN I DO WHAT I DO, I SHOCK THE HOUSE EVERY TIME ... PERIOD!
HipHopPhilosophy.com

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Go back to your own thread faggit.
You're fucking things up again.

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

ACTHEPD wrote:Perception is a mother fucker, ain't it ... ? I thought that the sonning was on all of you, Stepson ... I have called your bluff several times, and you have constantly went out like a sucker ... Who listens to the new Poet LP more than once or twice, without moving on to the next? I wasn't happy with that one either ... But back to perception, this room is a great example that everybody has a different reality ... HipHop is the unity that transcends the Separatism that infects the masses ... which is what makes the human shade tree suckers who always are vs. AC The PD NOT HipHop ... they cannot accept our differences and give respect mutually because: DON'T WANT EVERYBODY TO REALIZE THAT AC THE PD IS EVERYTHING THEY ARE TRYING TO BE BUT CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYERS OF A 'GAME', THEY ARE INDUSTRY WHORES, THEY ARE WANNABES AND POSERS ... And no matter how hard they lie to themselves about it: THEY ARE TAKING FROM AN ART AND CULTURE WAAAAYYYYYYYY MORE THAN THEY EVER GAVE OR GIVE TO IT ... VULTURE ASS INTERNET CLONES OF STYLES AND ORIGINATORS WHO YOU LEARN FROM, AND THEN PERPETRATE LIKE YOU DIDN'T LEARN EVERYTHING FROM THEM ... LEECH ASS COMPUTER BUMS, WHEN I LIVE A LIFE THAT YOU ONLY WISH YOU COULD DAILY, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A DENT IN MY CONFIDENCE ... WHEN I AM LIVE ON THE TURNTABLES, WHEN I DO WHAT I DO, I SHOCK THE HOUSE EVERY TIME ... PERIOD!
You mean we all want to be dickriding brain-damaged homos?
Jaz wrote:
ACTHEPD wrote:Bitter ass wannabe ... Your Sounds Like The 90's compilations should be called Sounds Nothing Like The 90's ... by a fake ass dj with no ear ...kinda like Jaz's new compilation, but ten times worse ... How in the fuck you figure 90% of those selections 'Sound Like The 90's' ??? They sound like cheap watered-down imitation HipHop ... one or two good songs per comp? Word booty!
Pfffftttt go and play on the motorway and keep my name out of your mouth crab, if you think my compilations and blog are so wack then why are you checking them you stupid fucking retard!!!
>> Jaz....
>>
>>
>> Doesn't look like you got my last reply to this last email either...
>> but I has asked you if you'd be interested in doing your own show on
>> the station...? We'd be honored...
>>
>>
>> AC The PD
Yo fam,
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> You know I'd appreciate that new 45King joint... Thanks big brother...
>> >> >>
>> >> >> AC The PD
Yo Jaz...

How's it goin...?

Did you have a new link for a new tape yet...? You posted a new one right...?

And do you have a live link for that Omnisence or the Bee Why lost tapes...?

Thanks fam...

Wish I had some of your requests for you... Must be some illy on that list...

AC The PD
> Jaz,
>
>
> Can I get a late pass on the last few additions to your blogs legacy...?
>
> I know I am behind...
>
>
> AC The PD
\yo yo yo... thanks Jaz!

The other joints I was looking for was that Back To 1988, the JVC
Tapedeck Fat Tape Vol.4, and I think that's it... Thanks a lot... Me
and Splifkin both have mad gratitude...

AC The PD
were my comps wack when you were asking for links?...nah didn't think so, so again keep my name out of your mouth and this thread.
:copy: :copy: :copy: :ironmike:

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

Again, from my point of view, he burned a bridge that could have been a friend ... it's all how you perceive the circumstances here ... he went out like a bitch, and lost all the mutual respect he used to ACT like we had ... like a lot of suckers do, they take me for granted then jump on the human shade tree bandwagon when they realize they will never catch up to my mixtape catalog ... which are all, 500+ of them, way beyond anything you ever did with a mix ... I paid the dues, bought the wax, been there done that, and only mix with music that is new to me ... I pioneer this style since the 70's when I started buying records and breakin them on people ... and the more you hate, the more you son yourselves ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

ACTHEPD wrote:Again, from my point of view, he burned a bridge that could have been a friend ... it's all how you perceive the circumstances here ... he went out like a bitch, and lost all the mutual respect he used to ACT like we had ... like a lot of suckers do, they take me for granted then jump on the human shade tree bandwagon when they realize they will never catch up to my mixtape catalog ... which are all, 500+ of them, way beyond anything you ever did with a mix ... I paid the dues, bought the wax, been there done that, and only mix with music that is new to me ... I pioneer this style since the 70's when I started buying records and breakin them on people ... and the more you hate, the more you son yourselves ...
Well from my, and everyone else's point of view, you rode Jaz's tip until he told you to hop off because you're an arrogant, know-nothing, do-nothing, shitbird. However as evidenced by his e-mails and your constant name-dropping, you excel at dickriding.

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

Reggie wrote:
ACTHEPD wrote:Again, from my point of view, he burned a bridge that could have been a friend ... it's all how you perceive the circumstances here ... he went out like a bitch, and lost all the mutual respect he used to ACT like we had ... like a lot of suckers do, they take me for granted then jump on the human shade tree bandwagon when they realize they will never catch up to my mixtape catalog ... which are all, 500+ of them, way beyond anything you ever did with a mix ... I paid the dues, bought the wax, been there done that, and only mix with music that is new to me ... I pioneer this style since the 70's when I started buying records and breakin them on people ... and the more you hate, the more you son yourselves ...
Of course that's how you see it, you're a hater ass human shade tree ... it's common among asshole drama queens like you ...

Well from my, and everyone else's point of view, you rode Jaz's tip until he told you to hop off because you're an arrogant, know-nothing, do-nothing, shitbird. However as evidenced by his e-mails and your constant name-dropping, you excel at dickriding.
HipHopPhilosophy.com

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Look, I'm not going to argue with you in this important thread about VH1's HIP HOP HONORS. Fact is, you got sonned, and though you are too stupid to know the difference, virtually everyone on the planet would agree. But let's keep it to your thread, shall we? When you splatter your bullshit in other threads on :phila:, it gives me hives.