LA Times article on Low End Theory (no Tribe Called Quest).

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

Sooooo many wannabes at this event ... fusion-happy game-player un-funky posers, role players, sucker Dj's and good tryers ... I stay the fuck away ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ACTHEPD wrote:Sooooo many wannabes at this event ... fusion-happy game-player un-funky posers, role players, sucker Dj's and good tryers ... I stay the fuck away ...
Why? You fit right in.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

ACTHEPD wrote:Sooooo many wannabes at this event ... fusion-happy game-player un-funky posers, role players, sucker Dj's and good tryers ... I stay the fuck away ...
They miss your monolithic presence, I'm sure.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i remember being there for Flying Lotus's album release party (thanx intuition). shit was packed like crazy.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Im sure they are crushed.

also:

you look like a monkey with brain damage.
you live in a store
you have been reduced to hanging out with people nearly half your age
you have awful taste in music
you are not respected here there or anywhere
your production sucks
you cant rap
you call your website a radio station
your shirt design sucks
your wife left you
your brain does not properly function due to head trauma
you are no taller than 5'5" (and yes i have seen you in real life, it was amusing)
your tshirts always look dirty and stretched out
you have the mustache of an 8th grader from 1987
you have an underbite
you look like you smell vaguely of poop
you argue and make points like a mental patient
your record collection doubles as a box spring
you are the kind of guy that wears sweat pants or jean shorts EVERYWHERE
you arent smart enough to be sad
your store looks like it was abandoned years ago and you squat there
you have vinnie from naughty by nature arms

Alias@anticon.com

Post by Alias@anticon.com »

nobody gives a shit about your opinions.

Shut the fuck up.

K? thnx, bye!

Falside

Post by Falside »

you look like you smell vaguely of poop
:rofl:

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i'll give this a read later

fly lo is great live. caught daedelus & nosaj thing together last week too.. good times

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

i played this.

nocando hosts it.

it's fun.

ACthePD I seen Maseo from DeLa up there just chillin one day. Can you speak a few words on how that makes you feel?
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

icon,

So many people go many places ... Mase is good people, we share a lot of mutual respect ... just because he goes to a trendy spot in LA doesn't take away from our mutual respect ... De La Soul has been out of touch with the evolution of HipHop music since after Stakes Is High ... so I am not surprised he found himself there with a lot of other people who are also out of touch with the arts post 1990's ...

How do you feel to know that: I don't find you to be more than an ultra-small spec on the HipHop map ... on your myspace page, I Am So Cool is the only song there I would credit for being a HipHop song ... the rest is some Rap music bullshit ... some dude who thinks that just because he can rap good that makes his music HipHop ... Your ear/selection for beats is horrendous ... over 90% of anything I ever heard from you was not HipHop ... You are just like the people there, out of touch with the who's who doing HipHop past the 90's ... you are a follower of trends in the music INDUSTRY and completely off the map of people who put it all together, the music and the rhymes ... If you want some help, hit up DJ Counterstryke for some beats ... He will take you where you want to go ... all of the other beats and producers you choose to fuck with are misleading you... you are misleading yourself even more so ...

Now go ask Schoolly D who the fuck I am ... go ask Tuff Crew ... go ask Stoupe ... pick up Jedi Mind Tricks Legacy Of Blood and read Stoupe's special thanks, and try to figure out why I am the first and one of the maybe ten people he thanked on that album, and why you just played yourself ... I have seen you on this board, and never said shit to or about you ... so don't think you are going to fuck with me on any level cuz I will put you in your place ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

ACTHEPD wrote:icon,

So many people go many places ... Mase is good people, we share a lot of mutual respect ... just because he goes to a trendy spot in LA doesn't take away from our mutual respect ... De La Soul has been out of touch with the evolution of HipHop music since after Stakes Is High ... so I am not surprised he found himself there with a lot of other people who are also out of touch with the arts post 1990's ...

How do you feel to know that: I don't find you to be more than an ultra-small spec on the HipHop map ... on your myspace page, I Am So Cool is the only song there I would credit for being a HipHop song ... the rest is some Rap music bullshit ... some dude who thinks that just because he can rap good that makes his music HipHop ... Your ear/selection for beats is horrendous ... over 90% of anything I ever heard from you was not HipHop ... You are just like the people there, out of touch with the who's who doing HipHop past the 90's ... you are a follower of trends in the music INDUSTRY and completely off the map of people who put it all together, the music and the rhymes ... If you want some help, hit up DJ Counterstryke for some beats ... He will take you where you want to go ... all of the other beats and producers you choose to fuck with are misleading you... you are misleading yourself even more so ...

Now go ask Schoolly D who the fuck I am ... go ask Tuff Crew ... go ask Stoupe ... pick up Jedi Mind Tricks Legacy Of Blood and read Stoupe's special thanks, and try to figure out why I am the first and one of the maybe ten people he thanked on that album, and why you just played yourself ... I have seen you on this board, and never said shit to or about you ... so don't think you are going to fuck with me on any level cuz I will put you in your place ...
I'm actually very well aware of who you are, in fact I have all your contact information in my booking database I frankly just don't give a fuck about you or anything you're involved with so please don't feel the need to qualify yourself via more people I don't give a fuck about.

lol @ telling ME to pick up a jedi mind tricks record as proof how cool you are.

Thanks for playing we have lovely parting gifts.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

Youz a clown with money ... without money, you'd have nothing going on in the music biz ... you don't give a fuck about Schoolly, Tuff Crew or Stoupe? You're a disgrace to Philly HipHop ... I walk the talk, you are all talk ... you rip people off when you sell your fake, wannabe HipHop music, and you contribute to the pitiful state of HipHop in the industry ... but you have talent ... but a good MC without fresh brand new heavy heavy super-funk is IN THE BARGAIN BIN for life sucker ... that's you all day, decade and all millennium ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

ACTHEPD wrote:icon, pick up Jedi Mind Tricks Legacy Of Blood and read Stoupe's special thanks, and try to figure out why I am the first and one of the maybe ten people he thanked on that album, and why you just played yourself ...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

ACTHEPD wrote:Youz a clown with money ... without money, you'd have nothing going on in the music biz ... you don't give a fuck about Schoolly, Tuff Crew or Stoupe? You're a disgrace to Philly HipHop ... I walk the talk, you are all talk ... you rip people off when you sell your fake, wannabe HipHop music, and you contribute to the pitiful state of HipHop in the industry ... but you have talent ... but a good MC without fresh brand new heavy heavy super-funk is IN THE BARGAIN BIN for life sucker ... that's you all day, decade and all millennium ...
Wow. iCON? MONEY?! :rofl:

Know your target before you start shootin, homie. You got some of your facts twisted.
Last edited by Remo the Great on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

ACTHEPD wrote:Youz a clown with money ... without money, you'd have nothing going on in the music biz ... you don't give a fuck about Schoolly, Tuff Crew or Stoupe? You're a disgrace to Philly HipHop ... I walk the talk, you are all talk ... you rip people off when you sell your fake, wannabe HipHop music, and you contribute to the pitiful state of HipHop in the industry ... but you have talent ... but a good MC without fresh brand new heavy heavy super-funk is IN THE BARGAIN BIN for life sucker ... that's you all day, decade and all millennium ...
oh ok.

thanks for thinking I have money. :cheers:

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

But you can't tell the difference between Rap and HipHop, so you don't matter to HipHop ... for life dun ... nobody doin nothing ... making CD's for me to throw out the window...
Last edited by ACTHEPD on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HipHopPhilosophy.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

odium-LSC wrote:
ACTHEPD wrote:icon, pick up Jedi Mind Tricks Legacy Of Blood and read Stoupe's special thanks, and try to figure out why I am the first and one of the maybe ten people he thanked on that album, and why you just played yourself ...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

ACTHEPD wrote: De La Soul has been out of touch with the evolution of HipHop music since after Stakes Is High
You are a complete fucking mongoloid.

De La Soul's post-1996 output may not be of the same calibre as that pre-1996, but to say that they've been "out of touch with the evolution of hip-hop music" is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I thought "The Grind Date" was pretty good for a group in it's 15th year and it was a pretty modern sounding record. The AOI records had joints too.

Do you actually LISTEN to any of the records you so often shit on?

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Just cuz this thread has a bright future and I'm a disgrace to Philly HipHop

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=8744385-af9" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=8744385-af9" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>
Mic King & Chum - "I'm All That 2009" from "Flavor Ade" dropping 12/8/09

Oh and we shooting a video in LA in November. I'd absolutely LOVE for you to be there AC Slater.

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

Act like you know echo ... of course I listen to everything and listening to new De La albums make me feel like I did when I heard Tribe's Love Movement ... sad ... maybe one or two good songs, the rest is them trying to 'change with the times', instead of just being what they used to be: 10 years ahead of 'the times' ... like HipHop always was, is and will be ... biting Dilla's POP boom-clap patty-cake drums pre-school RomperRoom Rap style IS NOT HIPHOP! AND, that style is not what makes Dilla great or a legend ... so anybody who thinks it is a great new style is a sucker ... period. Dilla did that for you. He made that style POP on purpose, for people who can't keep up with or comprehend the evolution of HipHop music ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

Act like you know echo ... of course I listen to everything and listening to new De La albums make me feel like I did when I heard Tribe's Love Movement ... sad ... maybe one or two good songs, the rest is them trying to 'change with the times', instead of just being what they used to be: 10 years ahead of 'the times' ... like HipHop always was, is and will be ... biting Dilla's POP boom-clap patty-cake drums pre-school RomperRoom Rap style IS NOT HIPHOP! AND, that style is not what makes Dilla great or a legend ... so anybody who thinks it is a great new style is a sucker ... period. Dilla did that for you. He made that style POP on purpose, for people who can't keep up with or comprehend the evolution of HipHop music ...

Yo icon, that beat is wack for 2009 ... you made no progress posting that shit ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ACTHEPD wrote:Act like you know echo ... of course I listen to everything and listening to new De La albums make me feel like I did when I heard Tribe's Love Movement ... sad ... maybe one or two good songs, the rest is them trying to 'change with the times', instead of just being what they used to be: 10 years ahead of 'the times' ... like HipHop always was, is and will be ... biting Dilla's POP boom-clap patty-cake drums pre-school RomperRoom Rap style IS NOT HIPHOP! AND, that style is not what makes Dilla great or a legend ... so anybody who thinks it is a great new style is a sucker ... period. Dilla did that for you. He made that style POP on purpose, for people who can't keep up with or comprehend the evolution of HipHop music ...

Yo icon, that beat is wack for 2009 ... you made no progress posting that shit ...
HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU I THINK YOU'RE A COMPLETE FUCKING FAGSACK?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ACTHEPD POST ONE OF YOUR REMIXES. SHOW HIM WHAT A REAL BEAT SOUNDS LIKE IN 2009.

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

HipHopPhilosophy.com

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

You don't hear shit like this at LET...:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xwuwyodwxim
HipHopPhilosophy.com

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

I'll do it for him.

AC on production:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=5670591-285" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=5670591-285" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

And as a bonus, here is AC on the rhymes after about a minute and half of rambling:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=8286711-bd3" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=8286711-bd3" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

BRAND NEW FUNK BABY!!!!!!

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

ACTHEPD wrote:Act like you know echo, I have no understanding of the words you type because:

I look like a monkey with brain damage.
I live in a store
I have been reduced to hanging out with people nearly half your age
I have awful taste in music
I are not respected here there or anywhere
I production sucks
I cant rap
I call your website a radio station
I shirt design sucks
I wife left you
I brain does not properly function due to head trauma
I are no taller than 5'5" (and yes alaska has seen me in real life, he was amused)
I tshirts always look dirty and stretched out
I have the mustache of an 8th grader from 1987
I have an underbite
I look like you smell vaguely of poop
I argue and make points like a mental patient
I record collection doubles as a box spring
I are the kind of guy that wears sweat pants or jean shorts EVERYWHERE
I arent smart enough to be sad
I store looks like it was abandoned years ago and you squat there
I have vinnie from naughty by nature arms

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Odnet wrote:And as a bonus, here is AC on the rhymes after about a minute and half of rambling:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=8286711-bd3" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=8286711-bd3" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

BRAND NEW FUNK BABY!!!!!!
after hearing this I think I have something new to add to my list of things about AC.

AC sounds like The Ladies Man.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Just out of curiosity ac... U ever heard of DJ jazzy jeff and the fresh prince?