Post by senorhaha »

joos

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Employee wrote:
sean wrote: it's not about money
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

Shirts on the market now for $17.99 doesn't lend much credence to your claim. Like I said, it's only sensible to want to see a return on your investment, but at least be honest about the financial aspect.
rofl. honest? ha. you are clueless man.
we kinda already addressed this. i'm not sure why you don't grasp it.
if the 17.99 shirt isn't flying off of the shelf, it's just an expense.

i suppose if murs or myself were to start bringing felt shirts out on our individual tours, we'd sell more, but that would just look weird at the table.
hell, we have old felt shirts sitting around the warehouse collecting dust right now because (golden rule) merch doesn't move if the band doesn't tour.

if this was something we looked at to make money, we would tour it, and we would buy end caps and retail placements, and as we stand less than a month from release, you would be seeing tons of interviews, photos, and reviews. they would've started surfacing back in early sept.
i'm not even sure if a publicist is being used to secure reviews for this record. maybe?

this record doesn't get run through the same streams that most rse releases run through. thankfully.
i don't think any parties involved want the responsibility of attempting to make felt become a money making machine. it's bananas enough to focus on our own separate projects/lives.

i would love it though, if suddenly i was handed a substantial check based off of any side projects i've been involved with.
love it.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sean wrote:
Employee wrote:

Shirts on the market now for $17.99 doesn't lend much credence to your claim. Like I said, it's only sensible to want to see a return on your investment, but at least be honest about the financial aspect.

i suppose if murs or myself were to start bringing felt shirts out on our individual tours, we'd sell more, but that would just look weird at the table.
hell, we have old felt shirts sitting around the warehouse collecting dust right now because (golden rule) merch doesn't move if the band doesn't tour.

if this was something we looked at to make money, we would tour it, and we would buy end caps and retail placements, and as we stand less than a month from release, you would be seeing tons of interviews, photos, and reviews. they would've started surfacing back in early sept.
i'm not even sure if a publicist is being used to secure reviews for this record. maybe?

this record doesn't get run through the same streams that most rse releases run through. thankfully.
i don't think any parties involved want the responsibility of attempting to make felt become a money making machine. it's bananas enough to focus on our own separate projects/lives.

i would love it though, if suddenly i was handed a substantial check based off of any side projects i've been involved with.
love it.
From a businessman's point of view, what you're doing is smart. Downplaying the monetary gain while upselling the product. But between a physical retail presence and a highly-visited website, you'll move shirts at a profit. RSE and associates don't strike me as fly-by-nighters. Clearly what you've built is a professional operation not interested in losing money.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I always thought Murs was a good rapper

not the greatest lyrical guy and not the best flow in the world but the nigga can make a good album shit a nigga was bumpin murs rules the world around the same time i was onthat deep puddle shit

we had 30 piru niggas at the project blowed open mic one night shuttin shit down niggas was gassin
:cheers:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:
sean wrote:
Employee wrote:

love it.
From a businessman's point of view, what you're doing is smart. Downplaying the monetary gain while upselling the product. But between a physical retail presence and a highly-visited website, you'll move shirts at a profit. RSE and associates don't strike me as fly-by-nighters. Clearly what you've built is a professional operation not interested in losing money.
but its main motivation and raison d'etre is not to make money, like ALL TOO MANY other hip hop artists and projects.

wait til Slug puts Paris Hilton on a Felt 4 song before you start accusing him of eeeeevil :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Employee wrote:
sean wrote:(if i exposed myself to you, you would indeed accept my length)
This sounds equal parts mortifying and tantalizing. PM me the next time you hit SF.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yee, we are meant to be.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

the hypocrisy of employee is brutal.

you might not be a fan boy, but you love to engage slug.
whether you're doing it out of respect or to be argumentative, you're doing it.

:arrow: faggot.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:the hypocrisy of employee is brutal.

Look at how you act when Slug converses with other guys. Are you allowed to review Rhymesayers product?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:the hypocrisy of employee is brutal.

:ignore: + :ropeswing: = :cheers:

the best thing about Employee is kinda sorta also the worst. You never know if he'll support you all the way through the shitstorm, or surprise stab you in the spine. I like it that way. Dishonestly honest.

and it's not hypocrisy, it's the internet.

AND: WHO DOESN'T LOVE TO ENGAGE IN SLUG LOVE :gyeah: :rofl:

you ever been to one of his shows? not only are women begging :sluggo: to look at their tits/use them for a sex puppet for a night, but grown men are throwing their underwear on stage and fainting when sean says "yo"

slug is America's newest heartthrob in waiting
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Buddahbastid

Post by Buddahbastid »

Employee wrote: Are you allowed to review Rhymesayers product?
But you're not even reviewing product...you're reviewing playtimes, tracklistings and hidden agendas of trilateral Felt commissions.
stella d'oro rap breadstick
david berkowitz
einstein birthday hit
now nurture it

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Buddahbastid wrote:
Employee wrote: Are you allowed to review Rhymesayers product?
But you're not even reviewing product...you're reviewing playtimes, tracklistings and hidden agendas of trilateral Felt commissions.
I'm also an unpaid, non-professional asshole who frequents a message board and has access to a blog. And easy money doesn't equal conspiracy. It just equals easy money.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

how big of a "payday" could felt 3 possibly produce??
seems like there's hundreds of easier ways for slug to try & make a quick buck

Buddahbastid

Post by Buddahbastid »

Employee wrote: I'm also an unpaid, non-professional asshole who frequents a message board and has access to a blog. And easy money doesn't equal conspiracy. It just equals easy money.
So the blog and/or forum's to blame for irrational and unwarranted criticism of the length of an album you haven't heard yet? Good to know.

And much easier money would be for Slug or Murs to record another solo, as they get more $$ from touring & merch off that than they have ever got off a Felt release. No, it's far easier to do another collabo album and do it with someone who've they've never really used as a producer before to any large degree.

Yeah, that's easy money right there.
david berkowitz
einstein birthday hit
now nurture it

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Buddahbastid wrote: So the blog and/or forum's to blame for irrational and unwarranted criticism of the length of an album you haven't heard yet? Good to know.
I don't see how it's any more irrational than fanboys rushing to the defense of upper-shelf indie rappers.
Buddahbastid wrote:And much easier money would be for Slug or Murs to record another solo, as they get more $$ from touring & merch off that than they have ever got off a Felt release. No, it's far easier to do another collabo album and do it with someone who've they've never really used as a producer before to any large degree.

Yeah, that's easy money right there.
LOL. Yes, it is both trailblazing and a risky business venture to work with established, internationally recognized artists in the same field.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

I think Employee makes some good points, though he's probably reading into it too much. But if we're not going to overthink inconsequential stuff, then why bother posting on a message board in the first place?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Reggie wrote: But if we're not going to overthink inconsequential stuff, then why bother posting on a message board in the first place?
Post of the Year.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Employee wrote:
Reggie wrote: But if we're not going to overthink inconsequential stuff, then why bother posting on a message board in the first place?
Post of the Year.
this should somehow be worked into the top banner for the site, maybe instead of the 'opinions are like voices' thing
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

you got me.

i will finally admit that i've been using my felt profits to purchase solid golden furniture.

and this year yo.
this year's gonna be huge yo.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sean wrote:you got me.

i will finally admit that i've been using my felt profits to purchase solid golden furniture.

and this year yo.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

why it gotta be a jewish girl sitting in the gold chair!!?!?!?!?!?
:omgracist:

Buddahbastid

Post by Buddahbastid »

Employee wrote: I don't see how it's any more irrational than fanboys rushing to the defense of upper-shelf indie rappers.
I'm not rushing to the defense of Felt insomuch as shooting down judging music before hearing it. Trash the single or the music in the promo shit so far, but to trash an album's tracklength when you have no clue if it's 70 mins of good songs or 70 minutes of horrible music is just stupid and petty. There'll be plenty of valid (and invalid) criticism to levy once the album drops.

LOL. Yes, it is both trailblazing and a risky business venture to work with established, internationally recognized artists in the same field.
I forgot, not only is it the self-sustaining indie rap bull market of Felt, but the rising commodities market in an ever expanding China that Aesop Rock mirrors. With those two economic lynchpins on pooling their assured wealth on any project that bears their name, how can they not reap unseemly profits? Murs, Slug and Aesop on some Scrooge McDuck shit swimming through money pools absolutely giddy at the thought of the throngs they swindled into diving into the Felt money machine again.

I mean, how could I forget Molemen went triple platinum off their Felt feature alone? While Slug had MTV2 all over him for Lemons, they gave Felt a full season. Murs only got out of his Warner deal because they agreed it would be better for the industry for another Felt album to drop and stimulate sales again. Felt lunchboxes with Aesop thermos, Murs plushes with dred styling kit, Slug snuggies, the possibilities are endless for this unstoppable juggernaut of pure obscene profit!
david berkowitz
einstein birthday hit
now nurture it

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Buddahbastid wrote:I'm not rushing to the defense of Felt insomuch as shooting down judging music before hearing it. Trash the single or the music in the promo shit so far, but to trash an album's tracklength when you have no clue if it's 70 mins of good songs or 70 minutes of horrible music is just stupid and petty. There'll be plenty of valid (and invalid) criticism to levy once the album drops.
History doesn't bode well for Hip Hop albums post-2000 exceeding fifteen tracks (maximum). Furthermore, the formula is rendered less potent if it becomes watered down by self-indulgent in-jokes and contrived friend-on-friend ego stroking with an artsy twist.
Buddahbastid wrote:I forgot, not only is it the self-sustaining indie rap bull market of Felt, but the rising commodities market in an ever expanding China that Aesop Rock mirrors. With those two economic lynchpins on pooling their assured wealth on any project that bears their name, how can they not reap unseemly profits? Murs, Slug and Aesop on some Scrooge McDuck shit swimming through money pools absolutely giddy at the thought of the throngs they swindled into diving into the Felt money machine again.
First, you're a lot less clever to us than you are to yourself. Second, give up the "OMG, AESOP ROCK IS SERIOUSLY SUPER POPULAR FROM RAPPING?" routine It's tackier than my posting history.
Buddahbastid wrote:I mean, how could I forget Molemen went triple platinum off their Felt feature alone?
Funny fail continuing. Forget whatever else you're going to add to this argument. The Molemen, while respectable in their own right, are not even the same galaxy of marketability as the Felt boys (no homo). Let's at least be sensible.
Buddahbastid wrote:While Slug had MTV2 all over him for Lemons, they gave Felt a full season. Murs only got out of his Warner deal because they agreed it would be better for the industry for another Felt album to drop and stimulate sales again. Felt lunchboxes with Aesop thermos, Murs plushes with dred styling kit, Slug snuggies, the possibilities are endless for this unstoppable juggernaut of pure obscene profit!
The satiric and comedic effort you've attempted here fails miserably because it seems to be masking a latent homoerotic fixation on the trio comprising Felt.

Buddahbastid

Post by Buddahbastid »

Employee wrote:History doesn't bode well for Hip Hop albums post-2000 exceeding fifteen tracks (maximum). Furthermore, the formula is rendered less potent if it becomes watered down by self-indulgent in-jokes and contrived friend-on-friend ego stroking with an artsy twist.
Do you happen to have a chart or graph handy for the former? Is there a ratio of tracklength to bad album you've formulated? Does it increase with each extra track? Does it apply to greatest hits? Let's say an artist dropped 4 very excellent 13 track albums and then makes a 20 track GH album; are those dope ass tracks diminished by the tracklength of the new release?

And isn't Felt by definition a self-indulgent in-joke between friends? Wasn't that the entire concept? If you don't like it, fine, but they've been pretty blatant first album on exactly what this shit is, so don't act surprised now... (although in jokes are such fucking cash cows, for real)
First, you're a lot less clever to us than you are to yourself. Second, give up the "OMG, AESOP ROCK IS SERIOUSLY SUPER POPULAR FROM RAPPING?" routine It's tackier than my posting history.
I'm just amazed at this economic powerhouse you've born witness to. Consider me shocked AND awed.
Funny fail continuing. Forget whatever else you're going to add to this argument. The Molemen, while respectable in their own right, are not even the same galaxy of marketability as the Felt boys (no homo). Let's at least be sensible.
But they had a feature from this 'cash cow'...was it not to obtain cash? Were they actually working with someone for artistic merit, common interest and friendship all while earning as professional musicians do (kind of like Felt 3)?
The satiric and comedic effort you've attempted here fails miserably because it seems to be masking a latent homoerotic fixation on the trio comprising Felt.
When no point can be made, go to the gay ammo...amazing job there. Am I supposed to take anyone calling these indie rap, tour 3/4th of the year to eat artists having some grand get rich quick scheme of making a CD together that historically sells less than their solo projects seriously? CDs these days are barely breaking profits but are still serving their purpose as promotional tools for tours and merch. Unless they schedule a Felt tour just to spite you, there's not much (if any) merit to your claims.
david berkowitz
einstein birthday hit
now nurture it

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Buddahbastid wrote: Do you happen to have a chart or graph handy for the former? Is there a ratio of tracklength to bad album you've formulated? Does it increase with each extra track? Does it apply to greatest hits? Let's say an artist dropped 4 very excellent 13 track albums and then makes a 20 track GH album; are those dope ass tracks diminished by the tracklength of the new release?
I have a chart indicating your high-propensity for getting boners when Slug, his music and his business are being discussed (psychological no homo). There is a handful, at best, of records released post-2000 packing twenty or more tracks that are worth remembering. Stop pretending that because some pimple-faced paste snuck in a 28th outro on his mixtape everyone else should follow suit.
Buddahbastid wrote: And isn't Felt by definition a self-indulgent in-joke between friends?
Another part of its faggy.
Buddahbastid wrote: Wasn't that the entire concept?
Yet another part of its faggy.
Buddahbastid wrote: If you don't like it, fine,
Not with you. In fact, I'd say you're peeved by it if I were a betting man.
Buddahbastid wrote: but they've been pretty blatant first album on exactly what this shit is, so don't act surprised now... (although in jokes are such fucking cash cows, for real)
You're making my point for me. It is blatant in its rather base, generic mold.
Buddahbastid wrote: I'm just amazed at this economic powerhouse you've born witness to. Consider me shocked AND awed.
:ntodd:
Buddahbastid wrote: But they had a feature from this 'cash cow'...was it not to obtain cash? Were they actually working with someone for artistic merit, common interest and friendship all while earning as professional musicians do (kind of like Felt 3)?
I'm not a member of the Molemen so I can't answer that. It appears, though, whatever exposure was gained was squandered. Call me crazy, but whether this album sucks Tijuana donkey balls or not, all of their careers are the recipients of a nice boost.
Buddahbastid wrote: When no point can be made, go to the gay ammo...amazing job there.
Don't thank me, you provided all the gay.
Buddahbastid wrote: Am I supposed to take anyone calling these indie rap, tour 3/4th of the year to eat artists having some grand get rich quick scheme of making a CD together that historically sells less than their solo projects seriously?
Am I supposed to take anyone who thinks that the only motives at play here are altruistic, selfless motives and no significant clout in both reputation and profit margins will be earned seriously?
Buddahbastid wrote: CDs these days are barely breaking profits but are still serving their purpose as promotional tools for tours and merch. Unless they schedule a Felt tour just to spite you, there's not much (if any) merit to your claims.
Looks like both of us will cross our fingers until then, huh? I appreciate you taking the time to share your profound insights.

Buddahbastid

Post by Buddahbastid »

Employee wrote: There is a handful, at best, of records released post-2000 packing twenty or more tracks that are worth remembering. Stop pretending that because some pimple-faced paste snuck in a 28th outro on his mixtape everyone else should follow suit.
Yes, because by saying you should listen before you criticize, I'm advocating a 20 track minimum. Absolutely.
So you admit you don't like Felt (as a concept/group/whatever) to begin with and all these redonkulous reasons for criticizing what you haven't heard are just your preemptive strike to dis the new record. If you don't like the group, you don't like the group. All well and good. Just admit as such and there's no need for a back & forth because your excuses for hating something you haven't heard don't track.
david berkowitz
einstein birthday hit
now nurture it

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Buddahbastid wrote:
Employee wrote: There is a handful, at best, of records released post-2000 packing twenty or more tracks that are worth remembering. Stop pretending that because some pimple-faced paste snuck in a 28th outro on his mixtape everyone else should follow suit.
Yes, because by saying you should listen before you criticize, I'm advocating a 20 track minimum. Absolutely.
So you admit you don't like Felt (as a concept/group/whatever) to begin with and all these redonkulous reasons for criticizing what you haven't heard are just your preemptive strike to dis the new record. If you don't like the group, you don't like the group. All well and good. Just admit as such and there's no need for a back & forth because your excuses for hating something you haven't heard don't track.
:fail:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

sean wrote:you got me.

and this year yo.
what's it like to shit in a solid gold toilet, yo :killacam:

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

so, is Buddahbastid and employee the same person?

if so, then :blaowarrow:

if not, then :blaowarrow: :blaowarrow: :blaowarrow: :blaowarrow: :blaowarrow:/:blaowarrow: :blaowarrow: :blaowarrow: :blaowarrow: :blaowarrow:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/thumb/b/b3/Chester.jpg/200px-Chester.jpg[/img] wrote:you got me.

and this year yo.

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

this is an all out quote war

im impressed with the patience and keystroke efforts that have combined to make me skip over pretty much anything not within a 2 inch section of the baby blue screen.

im not a stabbin hobo, im a singin hobo.