RIP BIG PUN November 10, 1971 ג€“ February 7, 2000

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

He died the day I was born. :megaman:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Trademark wrote:LOL at Pun is a victim, or that anyone can be "addicted" to food... How many people are just terribly addicted to cabbage? It's called discipline, some have it some don't. You can't be addicted to eating...
On a very basic level I agree. Bronchitis and tuberculosis, for instance, are good wholesome and tangible diseases. Eating too much, could be considered a disease, but let's not act like self-restraint and common sense are powerless weapons against it.

Either way. I've been playing a ton of Pun lately, happens every other year. While he only has one good album, there are many great jawns in the vaults, as evidenced by the In Loving Memory tapes by J-Love.

He ain't a rapper he'll kill you!
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

sneed

Post by sneed »

Sumthin_Funky wrote:He died the day I was born. :megaman:
:larry: :naswtf: :killacam:

sneed

Post by sneed »

And another thing is that, Yeeeah Baby wasn't a good album, so not only did he pass too early, he passed past his prime. (ha) Where as the Biggies and the Big L's make you wonder what if

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

You're ten years old?

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:pedodids:

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

dude gloss, if there are 10 year olds on this site you need to ban them perma style...

Dap

Post by Dap »

personally i don't give a fuck about puns personal life. he gave us capital punishment!!!!!!!11111

nah but rip to dude

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

The day, not the year.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Philaflava wrote:This is going to sound completely fucked up but I don't miss or feel sorry that Pun is gone. I can't say the same for Big L because with L his life was taken from him. He never got a chance to really shine.

Pun had success before he passed and was probably never going to top Capital Punishment. Plus he ate himself to death so I don't feel the same way as I do about Big L.
:cheers: I got zero sympathy for the man.. I might have a little little bit if he was raised to be a fat slob, but....

Employer

Post by Employer »

I didn't watch all the videos in this thread, but... did that documentary that was supposed to come out about Pun, involving his widow, ever come out?

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Gotta say that I like Pun way more than I do Fat Joe! Wish he had a bit more material that wasn`t released, that way we could get a lil` somethin` 'new' every now & then...

R.i.P....
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca