Help a noob with Merch/Shows (video incl.)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

wheels wrote:What's the deal with the chicago show?
As of now, there are no shows. I am trying to get on in as many places as I can, but so far, no word back fom various places.

I'll keep you posted though! On the plus side, I live out here now (Ukranian Village), we should chill soon!

Elfamail

Post by Elfamail »

Propers, Lou.

I've never used a download card.
I don't think I know anyone who ever has.

I'd go with the discs.

philbluntsmoker

Post by philbluntsmoker »

Elfamail wrote:Propers, Lou.

I've never used a download card.
I don't think I know anyone who ever has.

I'd go with the discs.
i used one with your moms last night whats up

Elfamail

Post by Elfamail »

^With the exception of really big nerds,
I don't think I know of anyone who's used a download card.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Elfamail wrote:^With the exception of really big nerds,
I don't think I know of anyone who's used a download card.
What's a good price for a run of 100? Who do you use Elfy? How ya been man?

Elfamail

Post by Elfamail »

A buck a piece is a great deal for a low run
(anything less than 1000).

Two to three dollars is about standard for a low run.

I know Mr. Bim runs CDs off at a fair rate.

www.myspace.com/mistabimsta

Mo Cheeks

Re: Help a noob with Merch/Shows (video incl.)

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Smooth Lou wrote:What's happening good people?

I have good news. I met The Fat Boys a while back, and after much cajoling (read: handjobs--lots of handjobs), and this interview tape:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBbagelk9J4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBbagelk9J4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I've been asked to perform with them on 05/15 at Fresh Fest in Bridgeport, CT. Also performing (allegedly) are Slick Rick, Salt N' Pepa, Whodini and Biz Markie. Yeah. I peed a little.

This is the biggest thing I've ever done. I'm not being paid for this, so I asked their manager if I could sell merch at the show, and he said that I can't, because of the venue and all the different promoters involved, etc. He said that I should think of it like an audition, and if all goes well, we would sit down and discuss management and selling my merch and so on and so forth. So... with all that said, I've never actually had merch. I've never actually set up shows for myself. I literally have no idea what to do here.

I know many of you guys have done all this kind of stuff, so I'm writing to ask for your collective assistance here. I want to sell t-shirts, one color, one print, on various colored shirts. What should I expect to pay for something like this? Should I find someone online for this, or would it be better to find someone local? The guy who runs no-manches.com is trying to charge me $9 ea. for a run of 50 shirts (or $450) and that seems high, but I truly have no idea.

How about shows between Chicago and CT? I'll be driving through or near:
South Bend, IN
Ft. Wayne, IN
Toledo, OH
Cleveland, OH
Youngstown, PA
New York City

and of course, I'll be starting in Chicago

Are there any performers out there performing between 05/10 and 05/15 that are interested in giving me a 20-25 minute set? Are there any venues that you can recommend that I should or could contact on such short notice?

Thanks in advance. Love you guys,

Smooth Lou

:ohsh: at the Excite bike

Props Lou

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

:myjah:

im not fucking kidding dude. either answer your front door or put my shit next to mister furley's dressable goose on the stoop. this is cockabilly coldshoulder springer show shenanigans.
dvd.
now.
dont make me buy it from the dollar bin again you chunky piece of hogballs.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

deepfriedjellol wrote::myjah:

im not fucking kidding dude. either answer your front door or put my shit next to mister furley's dressable goose on the stoop. this is cockabilly coldshoulder springer show shenanigans.
dvd.
now.
dont make me buy it from the dollar bin again you chunky piece of hogballs.
Okay, here's the deal. I'll give you your DVD back for some tasty homebrew. Also, you have to come get it. Also, I moved to Chicago, and since you are still in the hometown of Andy Richter and/or country sensation Moe Bandy, I'm about a seven hour drive from your house now.

Deal?