Why are indie rappers worshipping Drake?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Why are indie rappers worshipping Drake?

Post by Employee »

I can barely tolerate major label queers opining on this Made for Nickelodeon mawfucka as "the greatest thing to happen to rap" since Rakim. Why are the indie cats doing it though? Mac Lethal must be trying out a career in comedy because this is the funniest shit I've read in a minute:
Mac Drake Lethal wrote:Drake's ability to ride a beat is second to none.

Not saying he is super versatile with his cadences or anything. But the cadence or two he oft employs are fucking soooo concise and buttery.

Not sure why Poopsnack informed me of the Eminem/Drake numbers. Maybe I said something previously in this thread about it. Either way, Drake's numbers are more impressive to me than Em's numbers at this point.

Em is the best selling artist of the last 10 years. In the world. I don't flinch when I read his numbers. This was Drake's first album, and A LOT of people turned on him at the buzzer. So for him to come out and do 500k is pretty impressive.
Reitirating: "Drake's ability to ride a beat is second to none." Actual quote.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

But he's right about those numbers in this market nowadays. I haven't heard of a rap album debut from new artist pushing up to 500K that quick in a long time.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

thats right, rap. not hiphop.

oops.. did I just accidentally call Thun?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Until Black Thought, Jadakiss, Posdnus, Jay Elec, Cormega, Joell Ortiz, Sean P, Ghost, Freddie Gibbs and Currency stop rapping I don't give a fuck what others think about Drake.

Shad > Drake all day.

DLG

Post by DLG »

do people care about mac lethal's opinion?

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

this surprises people? people think drake is better than Jay Z ever was and biggie and nas for that matter, I have had arguments with people older than me real new york heads about this and have been told Drake is the best ever, people have lost their dicks is my opinion. Still the fact is that... Street dudes, white collies, kids, over 40's, whites, blacks, Nazi's, Jews and every girl/woman/vagasaurus ever. Thinks Drake is Raps second coming.
NICE CAT!

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

DLG wrote:do people care about mac lethal's opinion?

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Shup Diddy wrote:
Malpractice does.

His hypeman who stole his spot on RSE maybe still pretends to out of guilt?

His parents?

Yeah, if his immediate family had a messageboard this might warrant a thread on it. might.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Shup Diddy wrote:
Malpractice does.

His parents?

Yeah, if his immediate family had a messageboard this might warrant a thread on it. might.
Wouldn't matter if it was Mac Lethal, iCON or your balls cupping a mic. Thread ain't about Mac Lethal, but the general fagginess on display over Drake.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Did you guys know you can listen to a rapper's music and not agree with ALL of his opinions on a message board?

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

I just love hearing people talk about record sales all the time, "yeah he's not a good rapper and everything from his accent to his blackberry freestyles are a gimmick but he sells records though"
yes he will sell records, and I guess thats good for him but why do so many people, especially these indie rappers, give a fuck? what exactly is it that you are applauding here? are people living vicariously through another man's success? and whats so fucking hip hop about some privileged,ghost written, child star turned pop sensation "rapper" who's set on capturing the piggy banks of 12 year olds worldwide? get a subscription to Forbes or something. A prostitute can suck 20 dicks in one day and make a good amount of cash but I'm not going to give the bitch a high five or anything. They're pop stars, and there is a huge, paying, audience that actually enjoys their music, I don't really care for drake or his music but anyone with a dick between their legs who listens to Drake without females present or defends his music or credibility as a artist baffles me.I don't know, it's all very :naswtf: to me I guess, maybe a lot of people genuinely enjoy his music and can see past it but it's hilarious hearing indie rappers give him a big pat on the back.
Last edited by The Aluminum Falcon on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:A prostitute can suck 20 dicks in one day and make a good amount of cash but I'm not going to give the bitch a high five or anything.
:leon:

step one

Post by step one »

remember when XXL put fucking Nelly on the cover with a tagline of something like '10 million fans cant be wrong' as though it was 10 million Hip Hop heads buying his shit?

well where the fuck is Nelly now? thats what Drake's got to look forward to cos when you come out selling that much to a pop audience its only a matter of time before you're replaced by the next generic TV friendly rapstar off the production line.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

QWALMS wrote:
The Aluminum Falcon wrote:A prostitute can suck 20 dicks in one day and make a good amount of cash but I'm not going to give the bitch a high five or anything.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

im actually cool with cat's recognizing Drake and i respect him and like him for being what he is ... top of the game for the mainstream

but in the bigger equation:
Philaflava wrote:Shad > Drake all day.

step one

Post by step one »

ILL SEER wrote:im actually cool with cat's recognizing Drake and i respect him and like him for being what he is ... top of the game for the mainstream
the 'mainstream' is currently home to some of the most soul-less, generic, bland bullshit in music history. still you have to 'respect the grind' and not be seen as a 'hater' etc
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

as far as drake goes, you don't even have to respect the grind.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

HomeSkillet wrote:
QWALMS wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Employee wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:
Shup Diddy wrote:
Malpractice does.

His parents?

Wouldn't matter if it was Mac Lethal, iCON or your balls cupping a mic. Thread ain't about Mac Lethal, but the general fagginess on display over Drake.
If it doesn't matter than why did you create and deceptively label a new thread instead of just calling drake a fag in the 15 page pnb thread about how he's a fag?

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote: well where the fuck is Nelly now?
Probably relaxing in a gold plated pool next to his $10mil mansion, overseeing the new Apple Bottoms line and countin that Jordan Bobcats money whilst looking forward to fucking Ashanti on weekends.
F.U. MOOLAH

Dee el Hugely

Post by Dee el Hugely »

step one wrote:the 'mainstream' is currently home to some of the most soul-less, generic, bland bullshit in music history.
The 'mainstream' is where soul-less, generic, bland bullshit goes, and always has; there's nothing unique about now. See the careers of: Paul Anka, Pat Boone, Three Dog Night, Ricky Nelson, Rod Stewart, Olivia Newton John, Ray Stevens, Eddie Money, Neil Sedaka, Bryan Adams... All of whom had between 10 and 30 singles chart in the top 40.

Besides, lamenting about the state of 'mainstream' music is so pre-Ipod.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Another Drake thread?

:mods:

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

is drake hiff hoff?