new Lyrics Born - as u were

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Huldrich Bullsh!t

new Lyrics Born - as u were

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

just saw that theres a new lyrics born album.

anyone heard it?

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

If the single is any indication of what to expect, PASS. The man's gone too far at this point.

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

I didn't like the one song I heard, so might not check for the album. It's a shame because Latyrx and his first solo were really good.
Last edited by truthaddict on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

Is anything after his first solo worth a listen? I think I heard his second one once, but don't remember it.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

His 2nd album, technically a remix album of Later that Day was great. His new album is :wtf:...I think I get what he was trying to do, in an interview he said:
I really wanted to take it there. I really wanted to make an album that was hip-hop inspired, but more so it was about the music that inspired hip-hop.
It is a synth and awful hook heavy disaster.

Kind of a cool video though:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/56vrWw8yJuo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/56vrWw8yJuo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

I got assigned to do a short blurb on LB for the publication I write for when his tour came through town. I summed up my feelings thusly:
Lyrics Born has surpassed Blackalicious and DJ Shadow as the loudest and most visible representative of subterraneous rap royal family Quannum Records. And while he's definitely the funkiest of the crew, that's a more recent development. Seemingly gone are the days of LB delivering a gravelly, gruff verse to end all verses (see: "Balcony Beach"). Instead, we're left with a strange funk/pop hybrid that, while always working well in a live setting, doesn't exactly play to his strengths. He's always had the funk in him, but it worked better when delivered in a subdued way, slowly bubbling to the top (see: "Lady Don't Tek No" by Latyrx) rather than the bombastic, sickly sweet semi-funk sucrose he so readily displays these days. I miss old LB.

Wise Cracker

Post by Wise Cracker »

A divorce would do wonders for Lyrics Born's music.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Thread is depressing.

Latyrx >>>>