Nas TDK Chronicles

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

stype_ones

Nas TDK Chronicles

Post by stype_ones »

So ill..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_gyVfQeHPw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_gyVfQeHPw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Thanks for posting this. Great to watch.

I agree with him about Shan's last verse, it is a great verse.

Funny how Nas can be a lot more articulate than in most of his interviews, probably because the subject interests him (or maybe he wasn't stoned).
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

paul_smith

Post by paul_smith »

such an amazing piece!props

Thun

Post by Thun »

Its own thread? For real?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:mods: vlog thread for what then
Nets 2022

Req

Post by Req »

because it's fucking Nas and anything he does deserves it's own thread.

if he so much as cops a nickel bag in da park I WANT IN
F.U. MOOLAH

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Req wrote:because it's fucking Nas and anything he does deserves it's own thread.

if he so much as cops a nickel bag in da park I WANT IN
DON'T YOU KNOW NAS AIN'T WELCOME BACK IN THE HOOD

ON THE OTHER HAND JAY-Z WAS CHILLIN' IN MARCY LAST NIGHT, SON.
Nets 2022

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I don't know what half the fags here are ever talking about. This is a dope video so I posted it as such. I am pretty on top of the threads I create. I realize there is a good deal of bullshit on these forums. I thought it was worthy, as did some people. To each his own.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^
no problems, doggy, we're just sayin maybe just put it in the video thread that is stickied and created for the purpose of housing videos like these

but u r from queens and not eurasia so dont' stress it, carry on, american east coast bias in full effect
Nets 2022

Req

Post by Req »

pradadon wrote:I don't know what half the fags here are ever talking about. This is a dope video so I posted it as such. I am pretty on top of the threads I create. I realize there is a good deal of bullshit on these forums. I thought it was worthy, as did some people. To each his own.
Queens zigganz run these zigganz axe Russell Simmonz
F.U. MOOLAH

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Reason wrote:^
no problems, doggy, we're just sayin maybe just put it in the video thread that is stickied and created for the purpose of housing videos like these

but u r from queens and not eurasia so dont' stress it, carry on, american east coast bias in full effect
You guys are probably right to a dregree, but if you really analyze, certain shit gets lost in those general sticky threads. This video might have been better suited for TROY, but the shit is dope. What he is talking about here is what a lot of us were about. Maybe not fully in 86-87, but by 89-90, plus Stretch and Bob and other radios shows, we all could relate. This is why Nas is the man. Even though he is large, he still loves Hip Hop. I don't know ho many MC's can say that these days.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

^agreed. when you post a genuinely good vid in the middle of 8000 pages it might not get the response you're looking for with it...

i understand the concept of the stickied thread tho and im def guilty for posting threads like this but not as passable.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

if this is a new video and hasnt been posted before it definitely is thread worthy

i didnt even know there was a sticky video thread

paul_smith

Post by paul_smith »

yup, I would've never seen it on this forum if it was posted in that video thread, which is probably my problem though

Thun

Post by Thun »

Garbage video, worse thread.

Nav

Post by Nav »

Thun wrote:Garbage video, worse thread.
invitin' you haters inside the life of the greatest[/code]
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

Lid

Post by Lid »

pradadon wrote:I don't know what half the fags here are ever talking about. This is a dope video so I posted it as such. I am pretty on top of the threads I create. I realize there is a good deal of bullshit on these forums. I thought it was worthy, as did some people. To each his own.
yo son, do what u do. video was dope and woulda got lost in the vlog thread. let the whinny niggas go over intellectualize some weak ass shit and jerk each other off

Thun

Post by Thun »

LOL at the circle jerk in denial here.

Req

Post by Req »

have we mentioned how great this video is?
F.U. MOOLAH

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

I remember when threads were at least sabotaged in style.... Employee still not back? Damn.

Great video. Nas went in on the subject, brought back some memories. Are there more chronicles with other artists?

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Thun wrote:Garbage video, worse thread.

i know Nas sounds like he's reading his lines in Belly but it cant be that bad

damms

Post by damms »

way to sell out gnazz

he could hav made a song about his love of cassette tapes instead of filming this glorified commercial
Hold on let me see if I give a damn:

Professor Piff

Paper in tapes?

Post by Professor Piff »

Since it stands as a topic....

..when Nas mentions sticking paper in tapes. What is he referring to?

I used to do the same as Nas... trying to dub sh!t from all kinds of radio stations & i thought i could pretty much do anything w/ them (dubbing/pause tapes, etc.), but I never heard of this. Could any1 shed some light?

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

It could be sticking paper in the two tabs at the top the tape that prevent recording. That way you could tape over originals.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Never put me in your box if your shit eats tapes

Great video, he did a couple songs on the same tip on hip hop is dead (where are they now, carry on tradition)
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Makes me feel better about downloading most of his albums.

He doesn't sound like an alzheimer's patient here. Remember the intro to his Levi's commercial

"Uh, the world is yours is something I got from Slick Rick, back in the days, from the movie scarface, yeah uh, his whole thing is the world is yours, he saw that out in the sky, uh uh... he looked at, like uh, something from God... saying like the world is yours, uh, yeah."
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Put out a noteworthy album Gnoghzirrrrr.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Escobar305 wrote:Put out a noteworthy album Gnoghzirrrrr.
must be dementia.......
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Req

Post by Req »

Escobar305 wrote:Put out a noteworthy album Gnoghzirrrrr.
Distant Relatives > Teflon Don
F.U. MOOLAH

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

nice.