Mista CR (Rumble Pakk/Eastie Boys/) Phone Interview w CFA

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Texas Raised Mikey

Mista CR (Rumble Pakk/Eastie Boys/) Phone Interview w CFA

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

http://www.catiblog.com/?p=2972
CFA does an interview on the phone with Mista CR. Good shit, don't sleep...

Mista CR - Dead On The Dance Floor

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yUGj9s2Eu0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yUGj9s2Eu0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

http://www.catiblog.com/?p=2972

1998ג€™s? release of Eastside Badstads spoke about specific g'd up behaviors that had only made the occasional appearance on previous Project Blowed releases (Self-Jupiterג€™s For No Reason, Volume 10ג€™s album, Rifleman Knuckle Sandwich). When listening to Project Blowed releases there was always a tone of gangsterism throughout, even though they werenג€™t usually talking about it directly. It reminds me of how one could listen to Parliament Funkadelic and tell they were a rough and tumble group even when they were talking about whatever the fuck they were talking about. But the badstads came out and were strictly talking gangster shit. There was still the seamless blend of skills and g shit you came to expect from the Blowed (see Rifleman and Ngafsh on Fuck A Cop) but the topic was strictly to the latter. They werenג€™t talking about the proverbial mc they were gonna smoke on the microphone. If you listen to the chorus on ג€œTreacherous Three Remixג€ the albumג€™s theme is pretty much summed by an eerie voice singing, ג€œEastside Badstads- gangbangin like it aint no thang.ג€ West coast gang culture mannerisms are expertly put to use in CRג€™s music. The roll call of gang sets on the third verse of ג€œFuck You Upג€ can not not be replicated by a person from any other place other than South Central LA. You couldnג€™t even be from San Diego and call them out the same way. Not to say people arenג€™t banging each other over the head in every city across the nation, but CRג€™s ways are decidedly LA. Another pure LA song would be ג€œCasualtyzג€ off the <span style="text-decoration: underline">Biggest and the Baddest</span> album; it is a dedication to several of the groupג€™s dead friends. there are many others songs that fall into the category of exemplified regionalism, but we'll start with these. They are as specific to south central as those low flying planes that boom over top every 3 fucking seconds. i actually attribute much of the static stress and subsequent violence to those planes. i dont know how anyone can function with that constant barrage. Am I alone on that one?
This is just a clip. The best part is the actual audio interview only available at the link.

Texas Raised Mikey

Bump

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Was Mr. CR at the Blowed Picnic? I know he was supposed to be.
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

I dont think he was. I was high tho.

Texas Raised Mikey

No he was not there. That is one reason I thought it was a good time for this interview. And because evryone else has been interviewed a million times and I don't recall a CR one. Listen to the audio and he tells a...

Cool story...