Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

great album

table talk maybe my fave at the moment but there are many highlights
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Versive

Post by Versive »

The Poconos is my favorite. Aesop's verse on there...

Was bumping this in the car with a few friends who hadn't heard it yet. One of Rob's verses comes to an end, can't remember which, doesn't matter. My boy turns to me and goes, "What the fuck did that mean?"

:lol:

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

Versive wrote:The Poconos is my favorite. Aesop's verse on there...

Was bumping this in the car with a few friends who hadn't heard it yet. One of Rob's verses comes to an end, can't remember which, doesn't matter. My boy turns to me and goes, "What the fuck did that mean?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Waiting for the physical copy of this album to drop is becoming increasingly difficult. :lol:

Versive

Post by Versive »

The Afronaut wrote:Waiting for the physical copy of this album to drop is becoming increasingly difficult. :lol:
Brougham33 wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Was going to save myself for the physical release, and marriage, but I'm afraid I'm succumbing to temptation and will be ordering shortly.
If you pre order the CD from fifth element you get a digital copy now.

http://www.fifthelementonline.com/hail- ... -that.html
I like turtles.

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

deepfriedjellol wrote:
Versive wrote:The Poconos is my favorite. Aesop's verse on there...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NICE CAT!

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Versive wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:Waiting for the physical copy of this album to drop is becoming increasingly difficult. :lol:
Brougham33 wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Was going to save myself for the physical release, and marriage, but I'm afraid I'm succumbing to temptation and will be ordering shortly.
If you pre order the CD from fifth element you get a digital copy now.

http://www.fifthelementonline.com/hail- ... -that.html
I like turtles.
I feel that. But for some reason having both versions defeats the purpose for me. That is, unless the digital version has tracks not on the physical release. Is that the case?

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Tour dates for the Hail Mary Mallon/Kimya Dawson shows
May 11 Boston The Middle East
May 13 Washington DC Rock and Roll Hotel
May 14 New York City The Bowery Ballroom
May 16 Pittsburgh Altar Bar
May 17 Columbus Outland on Liberty
May 19 Chicago Lincoln Hall
May 20 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon
May 21 Minneapolis Triple Rock Social Club
Jun 10 Portland Wonder Ballroom
Jun 11 Seattle Neumos
Jun 15 San Luis Obispo, CA Downtown Brewing Company
Jun 17 Los Angeles Troubadour
Jun 18 San Diego Casbah
From www.aesoprock.com
May102011

Some Words On This TourAn evening with Aesop Rock and Kimya Dawson. (w/ Rob Sonic and DJ Big Wiz).

Iג€™m sitting in a hotel somewhere New Jersey, and I just wanted to write a few words on this tour we embark on tomorrow, as itג€™s kinda turned into something more awesome than itג€™s original intention (which was also awesome).
Myself, Rob Sonic, and DJ Big Wiz were going to hit the road for some dates just because it had been a minute since weג€™d made the rounds. We had been working on the Hail Mary Mallon record together while simultaneously working on some other projects, but we decided to really try to finish the record before getting out there as to have something new to perform and promote. The original intention was to self-release it. We were extremely lucky in that our friends at Rhymesayers Entertainment agreed to not only help us with the release, but to get it out there in time for the tour dates we were already booking. The digital release was made available May 3rd, and the physical release date is June 7th, however we WILL have cdג€™s and vinyl of the HMM project on all these dates for show-goers to purchase. Thus far the response has been really positive and we are psyched.
Furthermoreג€¦
As you may or may not know, I have been working with Kimya Dawson a lot lately on both her new solo LP ג€œThunder Thighsג€ as well as on a yet-to-be-named group project. Kimya is a folk singer and songwriter who has, for many years, been one of my biggest writing influences. She puts words together in a way that is all her own, very intense, and hugely inspirational in regards to what I try to do in my own songs. Having her agree to come out and do this tour with us is something I never thought in a million years could happen. I realize that some of my fans may not know her work, just as her fans may be unfamiliar with mine, and also that going to a half folk/half rap show is maybe not something that people have the opportunity to do everyday. That said, we are all very excited to share a stage, and we hope you all take away something awesome and new from what he have to offer, in both our collaborative songs and our individual sets.
Please enjoy yourselves.
Best,
A.R.
Also...

Man Orders Breakfast, Tries To Rob Sonic
FEDERAL HEIGHTS, Colo. -- A man ordered breakfast outside the drive-in, Toldness said. When the waitress brought his meal, the man took the drink, then pulled a stocking over his head and gestured like he had a gun in his pants.
"Hey, don't do anything stupid," the robber warned the waitress, according to Toldness.

The robber forced the cook into a walk-in cooler, then ordered the waitress to enter the code to open the safe, he said.
But the safe had a time delay before it opened and the panicky robber decided not to wait, Toldness said.
The man was described as white or Hispanic, standing 5 feet 6 inches tall and 150 pounds. Police were looking for a black or brown sedan in connection with the robbery.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27 ... etail.html

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

The production on this album is incredible.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h4eZvlni3OM?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h4eZvlni3OM?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^Good stuff.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Excellent.

The Paul Blart like is so great.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Dids wrote:Excellent.

The Paul Blart like is so great.
Forreal.
I laughed out loud alone the first time I heard that line.
So simple, yet so effective.

EndsAll

Ummmm....................

Post by EndsAll »

Too early to St.ART the album of the year banter?

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

Anyone at the bowery show tonight?

krylonjukie

Post by krylonjukie »

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOrvVoMZdU8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOrvVoMZdU8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

HMM-Knievel Live at the Bowery Ballroom...

By the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. Rob Sonic!

:cheers:

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

LOVE this album. I know this sounds gay but it reminds me of another album I love for all the same reasons, Non Prophets HOPE. They both are just fun as fuck rap records with some hilarious shit, dope production and wonderful execution. My 4 year old daughter loves break dance beach.

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

In stores on june 7th, apprently when u buy the phisical copy hot babes want to have sex with you on the spot.
NICE CAT!

EndsAll

Post by EndsAll »

Son, did you just say "hot babes"....
hahahahahaha....
wow.
"You're crazy, man. I like you."

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

Rob Sonic wrote:In stores on june 7th, apprently when u buy the phisical copy hot babes want to have sex with you on the spot.
Cool I came in to the thread to ask when. I will probably buy this on the 7th. I gave this a quick listen last night, but I only got a blow job.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Just got the physical copy in the mail, surprised it arrived so soon. Also surprised that Aesop produced 8 tracks to Rob's 4, figured it would have been the other way around. Artwork and design is dope as well.

I really hope these guys put out more material as a group, these are the type of projects that veteran MC's need to be making. Definitely an album of the year contender.

DLG

Post by DLG »

sweet breakdance beach tat

http://900bats.com/

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

I missed the Anchorage show. I am eternally pissed at myself for that.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

unclebengi wrote: I really hope these guys put out more material as a group, these are the type of projects that veteran MC's need to be making. Definitely an album of the year contender.
Exactly this.

I'd love to see a follow up remix EP featuring the super friends like Block, Alaska, etc...

This shit bangs so fucking hard. Good work.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Really fun and energetic album. I think they brought out the best in one another.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Sylissez wrote:
unclebengi wrote: I really hope these guys put out more material as a group, these are the type of projects that veteran MC's need to be making. Definitely an album of the year contender.
Exactly this.

I'd love to see a follow up remix EP featuring the super friends like Block, Alaska, etc...

I gotta remix for "Meter feeder" that should be dropping pretty soon.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Blockhead wrote:
Sylissez wrote:
Exactly this.

I gotta remix for "Meter feeder" that should be dropping pretty soon.
:cheers:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

^^ x2
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

krylonjukie

Post by krylonjukie »

Church Pants Wins.

I mean Garfield Wins.

Fuck it! The whole thing knocks like the cops yo! Album wins. :bow:

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Caught them live last night, Rob, Wiz, and Aes put on a solid show, glad they did mostly Mallon material too.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JJfIB ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JJfIB ... 1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>