Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Thun wrote:
mike eagle wrote:
HipHoppin wrote:
admiral wrote:With that lineup, no way Erykah Badu isn't leaving pregnant
:lol:

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

I would love to see black moon do enta tha stage and souls do 93 till infinity. I would also love to not be stuck on randells island on a hot as fuck summer day.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Can't believe Lauryn Hill is the headliner. Her performance last year was a snoozefest. I was searching for merch and trying to find something to eat during most of her set.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Thun wrote:I'd much sooner go see Frankie Beverly and Maze in concert.
With special guest Mussolini

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

Philaflava wrote:Serious question, Immortal Technique still raps?
oct last year he killed it live lol
now http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2011/05/ ... technique/

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

ALASKA wrote:I would love to see black moon do enta tha stage and souls do 93 till infinity. I would also love to not be stuck on randells island on a hot as fuck summer day.
the inherent (mildly self-defeating) paradox of this concept - something like black moon doing a whole album, as well as the other similar sets, is by nature much more suited to a smaller more intimate venue than a to large scale festival setting. but they pile on so many acts at once, and they know it will generate a huge turnout, they have no other choice for staging it.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Lush Won

Post by Lush Won »

shit, Im honored to be hosting the GRIND TIME NOW stage..

come say WSup
Too much, I serve too many people, too much

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Philaflava wrote:I don't listen to Immortal Tech-of-the-nique

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Thun wrote:
mike eagle wrote:
HipHoppin wrote:
admiral wrote:With that lineup, no way Erykah Badu isn't leaving pregnant
:lol:

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

ALASKA wrote:I would also love to not be stuck on randells island on a hot as fuck summer day.
THIS

I remember in 07 they ran out of water, or so they said. Had a cracker obeying his thirst and shit, using Sprite to rehydrate.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

Moolah wrote:
that's what they all say
and for that the article LOL
"Nigga, I was born in a military hospital in Peru. I live in Harlem and will shoot you."

Ipl

Post by Ipl »

ardamus wrote:
artMajor wrote:id go pretty much to check SOM, seen everyone else already a gagillion times already...30 more special guests!

godamusrhyme, who the frak is maklemore?
first of all, its Ardamus.

Macklemore is this kid from Seattle I heard about a few years ago. Always thought he was underrated.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIBdAdnTqqo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIBdAdnTqqo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Not bad that his video is almost up to a million views, too.
good song. i listened til the end.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Ipl wrote:
ardamus wrote:
artMajor wrote:id go pretty much to check SOM, seen everyone else already a gagillion times already...30 more special guests!

Macklemore is this kid from Seattle I heard about a few years ago. Always thought he was underrated.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIBdAdnTqqo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIBdAdnTqqo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Great beat, not trying to listen to an asthmatic Comedy Qaddafi though.

Post by 360 »

Thun wrote:
Ipl wrote:
ardamus wrote:

Great beat, not trying to listen to an asthmatic Comedy Qaddafi though.
Everything about that song sucks. I realize that you are making an effort to be more open to shitty music these days, which is quite admirable, but sometimes you just have to return to the darkside.

Thun

Post by Thun »

360 wrote: Everything about that song sucks. I realize that you are making an effort to be more open to shitty music these days, which is quite admirable, but sometimes you just have to return to the darkside.
Are you trying to be funny or insightful? You failed at both, so I'm curious as to your intention.

Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye

Post by Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye »

DLG wrote:this is the rap equivalent of those big four shows with megadeth, metallica, slayer and anthrax all 15 to 20 years passed their prime.
so true

GetToStepping

Post by GetToStepping »

pradadon wrote:Sounds great and all, but I can't do another one of these whole day affairs. It's just too much. Not to mention you have to walk like 2 miles from where the boat docks to where the show is taking place. Then be there for 12 hours and then walk back with a million people trying to get on 2 boats. It's just not a fun experience.
I'd rather go to Rikers Island for this than ever go back to Governor's.

Versive

Post by Versive »

drizzle wrote:
ALASKA wrote:I would love to see black moon do enta tha stage and souls do 93 till infinity. I would also love to not be stuck on randells island on a hot as fuck summer day.
the inherent (mildly self-defeating) paradox of this concept - something like black moon doing a whole album, as well as the other similar sets, is by nature much more suited to a smaller more intimate venue than a to large scale festival setting. but they pile on so many acts at once, and they know it will generate a huge turnout, they have no other choice for staging it.
You guys both live in the city, right?
So you should know that Governors Island is not Randall's Island...

It was held on Randall's in 07 when Rage and Wu headlined. At least you can drive there... It was at Jones Beach in 08 and 09 - that was especially convenient for me.

I agree with the prior comment that ferrying out to Governors is a pain in the ass, but overall, what I've gleaned from this thread is that most of you guys are incapable of having a good time.

That said, the whole 'so and so does such and such classic album in its entirety' thing is pretty wack in general. Part of entire appeal of seeing live music is not knowing what song is coming next and enjoying how the artists put their sets together.

Right now I'm mostly amped to see Roc and Curren$y.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Versive wrote:
drizzle wrote:
:smugkid:

procure uno

Post by procure uno »

gonna fly out to LA this year. the entire affair of governor's island last year was obnoxious as fuck.

and yeah, lauren hill was the absolute goddamn worst part of the day.

YoCritic

Post by YoCritic »

Sylissez wrote:
Versive wrote:
drizzle wrote:
I know Blockhead wouldn't know that. :owens:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

sun ra wrote:
Moolah wrote:
that's what they all say
<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/evFc-ZghWME?f ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/evFc-ZghWME?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
3:24 Sun Ra

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Versive wrote:
drizzle wrote:

It was held on Randall's in 07 when Rage and Wu headlined. At least you can drive there... It was at Jones Beach in 08 and 09 - that was especially convenient for me.

I agree with the prior comment that ferrying out to Governors is a pain in the ass, but overall, what I've gleaned from this thread is that most of you guys are incapable of having a good time.

That said, the whole 'so and so does such and such classic album in its entirety' thing is pretty wack in general. Part of entire appeal of seeing live music is not knowing what song is coming next and enjoying how the artists put their sets together.

Right now I'm mostly amped to see Roc and Curren$y.
I just assumed it was at randells Island. Either way, i have no intention of going to this thing. I have played this thing in NY and LA, did the paid dues tour, done all of the paid dues shows, and spent my summers doing tours like this from 2005-2007. I have had my fill of shit like this. right now bbqin with friends or going out to a ball game seem much more exciting.

TheBeeShine

Post by TheBeeShine »

pradadon wrote:Sounds great and all, but I can't do another one of these whole day affairs. It's just too much. Not to mention you have to walk like 2 miles from where the boat docks to where the show is taking place. Then be there for 12 hours and then walk back with a million people trying to get on 2 boats. It's just not a fun experience.
i look forward to the drunken festivities lol

Rob Banks

Post by Rob Banks »

Lauryn Hill was easily the worst part of last year's performance. Before the line-up was announced, there were a lot of Beastie Boys headlining rumors circulating and I was really hoping it was true.

Nonetheless, this line up's dope. If you don't think so, we probably don't like a lot of the same music.

I'm THRILLED that Odd Future isn't there. I don't know anything about their music but I already know I HATE THEIR fans. I'm positive their presence would be obnoxious.

I'm most excited about Black Moon and Mobb Deep.

Last year, no one stuck to the "play the album in it's entirety" theme. No one. Slick Rick was the closest since he only does Great Adventures songs anyways but he did "La Di Da Di" and the show. Wu did "Triumph", KRS just did whatever the fuck he wanted. I doubt anyone just performs songs from one album and bounces...
I like Philly basketball, Boston baseball, and New York rap.

Versive

Post by Versive »

I think Rakim went through all of Paid in Full last year, plus a couple from later albums. KRS One was/is intergalactic. Wu did all of 36 minus a few verses maybe. Didn't catch all of snoop's set because I was beat, but he was supposed to do all of Doggy Style and was keeping at it when I left. If you have an hour set one album might not fill it up, so you gotta figure other songs'll get thown in.

Steve Lurkel

Post by Steve Lurkel »

ALA, wings again? i'll be there prolly twice in the summer/for rtb the second time.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Steve Lurkel wrote:ALA, wings again? i'll be there prolly twice in the summer/for rtb the second time.
sure keep me posted.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Is Lauryn Hill the hip hop equivalent of Axl Rose?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

nah john fogerty
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo