The All-Inclusive Odd Future Thread + Music

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Bring Back The Tempo wrote:Wow.

Is it just me or did rap and talking about rap just get boring? It's one of those a-ha moments for me.
Surprise bonerz are skary 4 all of us, bros.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ackbar wrote:
drizzle wrote:the supreme towel i think
tee hee hee

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Employee wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Relax, assholes.

Employee wrote:
Good.

Time that fag sack gets the etherization processes.
West Coast bias? Odd Future and ASAP have next to nothing in common. No idea what Left Brain could be mad about.
I don't even mind ASAP Rocky. His name annoys me is all. It would just be cool to see some hardcore, underground rap beef.
Left Brain's face is not battle ready.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

blastmaster wrote:
Employee wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Relax, assholes.

Employee wrote:
Good.

Time that fag sack gets the etherization processes.
West Coast bias? Odd Future and ASAP have next to nothing in common. No idea what Left Brain could be mad about.
I don't even mind ASAP Rocky. His name annoys me is all. It would just be cool to see some hardcore, underground rap beef.
Left Brain's face is not battle ready.
ASAP Rocky's personal stylist is not battle ready.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

i dont think i was an asshole to anyone was just making conversation on how i think its weird someone who is much much more popular lost a popular vote award to the less popular person. wasnt tryin to offend anyone or get in a corny internet beef i could care less. homeboy must not of taken his meds today and spazzed for some reason.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Aint a popularity contest, bruh. Its MTV. Obviously artistic integrity wins. Wiz is a one hit wonder who will never have another album in a store.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I.A. wrote:i dont think i was an asshole to anyone was just making conversation on how i think its weird someone who is much much more popular lost a popular vote award to the less popular person. wasnt tryin to offend anyone or get in a corny internet beef i could care less. homeboy must not of taken his meds today and spazzed for some reason.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

blastmaster wrote:Aint a popularity contest, bruh. Its MTV. Obviously artistic integrity wins. Wiz is a one hit wonder who will never have another album in a store.
thats exactly what it was supposed to be and my whole point. it was supposedly to be voted on by the fans thus making it a popularity contest which it wasnt the case obviously. and i think wiz is complete garbage and totally agree. yonkers was the dopest video in the category easy in my opinion but what makes me think mtv is behind it or some shady shit went down is because it was supposed to be voted on by the fans not mtv. and the fans made black and yellow 3x platinum the math aint right

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I.A. wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Aint a popularity contest, bruh. Its MTV. Obviously artistic integrity wins. Wiz is a one hit wonder who will never have another album in a store.
thats exactly what it was supposed to be and my whole point. it was supposedly to be voted on by the fans thus making it a popularity contest which it wasnt the case obviously. and i think wiz is complete garbage and totally agree. yonkers was the dopest video in the category easy in my opinion but what makes me think mtv is behind it or some shady shit went down is because it was supposed to be voted on by the fans not mtv. and the fans made black and yellow 3x platinum the math aint right
Wiz doesn't have a fan base though. Casual weedheads and Steelers fans arent doing shit for him. OF has crazy nutzo juggalo level fans that spent the first week of the new school year texting. Aint no frozen envelope, doggie.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

ASAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At least ASAP makes music you actually want to listen to, rather than being a "artist" or whatever the fuck Tyler thinks he is with his 2nd best rapper on his own label bullshit.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Trademark wrote:ASAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At least ASAP makes music you actually want to listen to, rather than being a "artist" or whatever the fuck Tyler thinks he is with his 2nd best rapper on his own label bullshit.
Let the guy put out his 10th song before you get crazy... Dang.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

blastmaster wrote:
I.A. wrote:
Wiz doesn't have a fan base though. Casual weedheads and Steelers fans arent doing shit for him. OF has crazy nutzo juggalo level fans that spent the first week of the new school year texting. Aint no frozen envelope, doggie.
i know OF's fan base is crazy. but how do u go 3x platinum and not have a fan base?? 3 fucking times thats a lot of records. if of's fanbase is so crazy he woulda went platinum or shit even gold. unfortunately icp went platinum bc of their crazy fans in #s. OF has a very intense fan base but not nearly as big as wiz. everyone and their mom know that black and yellow song. id say where im from more people dont even know who OF is then those that do. but its beating a dead horse now so im done unless someone else wants to continue. and im not comparing their music just #s and they dont add up

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Who the fuck went 3x platinum?

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Who the fuck went 3x platinum?
unfortunately black and yellow

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Its a single that caught a huge lift from a Super Bowl run. No one bought his album.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

And wasn't this shit based on fan votes or something? If so, I'd be willing to guess tyler's internet push>>>>>>

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Dids probably voted 10000000 times by himself.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

blastmaster wrote:Its a single that caught a huge lift from a Super Bowl run. No one bought his album.
Yeah, I thought he was talking about Wiz's album and I was Larry-facing like a motherfucker.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I.A. wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Who the fuck went 3x platinum?
unfortunately black and yellow
It was used by the Steelers a lot last year. I can't express to you how much I hate that song. It drove me fucking nuts. In a perfect world I would never hear the song again. I know that is not going to happen. Also, Pittsburgh has a lot of pride and will get behind local people. I was actually surprised he didn't win.
Last edited by Random Sample on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

roll up went platinum too and was released first with no superbowl help and the album went gold so a lot of people actually bought his album. going gold in this climate is very impressive regardless. again i didnt buy it nor do i like ANY of his music but these are the #s. if u go gold now a days u must have a devoted fan base

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

enough talking about wiz clown ass, whatever reason he didnt win i am very happy it just seemed shady to me.

who is ASAP and where can i check out some of his shit?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Or casual radio listeners with iTunes accounts... Buying an album and feverishly texting so your underground hero can get on MTV are two different things.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

did they buy an entire album, or a catchy single that was big around the super bowl, nearly a year ago. that is a life time in this day and age.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

ALASKA wrote:did they buy an entire album, or a catchy single that was big around the super bowl, nearly a year ago. that is a life time in this day and age.
The full album is certified gold. I am really surprised that it sold as much considering how big of a piece of shit it is.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Random Sample wrote:
ALASKA wrote:did they buy an entire album, or a catchy single that was big around the super bowl, nearly a year ago. that is a life time in this day and age.
The full album is certified gold. I am really surprised that it sold as much considering how big of a piece of shit it is.
Man. I listened to Show & Prove a couple weeks ago and it still pisses me off how great that shit is.

Anyway, good for Tyler.

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

blastmaster wrote:Or casual radio listeners with iTunes accounts... Buying an album and feverishly texting so your underground hero can get on MTV are two different things.
it takes more effort and time to buy an album than it is to text. nobody buys albums anymore but alaska makes a good point that i didnt even think of, his buzz was biggest around the super bowl time which is mad long ago and im sure his buzz has worn off so maybe that was it. idc really

I.A.

Post by I.A. »

blastmaster wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
Man. I listened to Show & Prove a couple weeks ago and it still pisses me off how great that shit is.

Anyway, good for Tyler.
all in all agreed good for Tyler. do yous think hed be as big if earl wasnt away? and whenever earl does get out do u think there will still be a buzz there or is this OF movement a flash in a pan and hes missing his shot? personally i like earls shit much more hope hes not missing out bc of a crazy parent or whatever. at the same time it could be good for him being away it will build up anticipation but if its too long the anticipation turns into irrelevant kinda like detox. i could care less now if detox ever comes out. obviously theres no facts behind any of it just curious of peoples opinions.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I.A. wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

Anyway, good for Tyler.
all in all agreed good for Tyler. do yous think hed be as big if earl wasnt away? and whenever earl does get out do u think there will still be a buzz there or is this OF movement a flash in a pan and hes missing his shot? personally i like earls shit much more hope hes not missing out bc of a crazy parent or whatever. at the same time it could be good for him being away it will build up anticipation but if its too long the anticipation turns into irrelevant kinda like detox. i could care less now if detox ever comes out. obviously theres no facts behind any of it just curious of peoples opinions.
HEY DIDS,

CHILL THE FUCK OUT, BRO. THEY'RE ONLY KIDS.

PEACE,
EMPLOYEE

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Trademark wrote:Dids probably voted 10000000 times by himself.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Tyler won because he is the trendy pick this year. He is every big rappers favorite "it" boy on Twitter and personally I think all these MTV awards are all predetermined. They're buying back their own demo with this pick.

I still think Tyler will cash in because his price went up. So the XL's out there will have to cough up way more dough. He isn't managed by those Interscope/Em guys just to sell 1 single on iTunes.

Whoever said he won't sell a lot of units is right. He doesn't really make music that would cater to more than a few hundred thousand buying fans. Those who bought the album already spent their dollar on him. He is trendy and that is what this award was about. Still, Katie Holmes said his name and Selena Gomez kissed him. Dude can die now.
Last edited by Philaflava on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.