Post by Escobar305 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?jj60kuhqfy008gy

wale is good for mixtapes so why not

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

chain music is my shiit

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

Lacefrontin appeals to my boom-bap dinosaur tendencies.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Atrocious.

:mods:

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Meek Mills has hair extensions now ??

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

old pic

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Are there go go beats?

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

blastmaster wrote:Are there go go beats?
this is go go influenced right nsfw

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... n8"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... P03oH4epn8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I saw a hilarious write up on this mixtape about he claim the amount of downloads shut down a server. I was about to post but then I forgot. Gonna find it......
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I saw a hilarious write up on this mixtape about he claim the amount of downloads shut down a server. I was about to post but then I forgot. Gonna find it......

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Wale Crashes HulkShare Servers With Release Of New Mixtape

Wale is getting ready... preparing the November release of his Maybach Music debut, Ambition. But last week, the DC dropped a brand new mixtape for fans, crashing free download sharing services, Hulkshare and Sendspace.

The mixtape, titled The Eleven One Eleven Theory, was released as a promise to fans after he reached 1 million Twitter followers @Wale.

According to Hulkshare, the traffic surrounding the download to its server resulted in temporary crash to the site.

CEO Ted Brinkofski commented, "This is actually the first time, it's due to an existing file. It's certainly an exciting milestone, but not a pleasurable one."

While other major acts have used Hulkshare to release music, Wale's newest effort was the first time the site experienced such technical difficulties. The result lead to seven trending topics on Twitter associated with Wale and the mixtape.

Wale's tape reached over 100,000 downloads in the first few hours of release, and has received an overwhelming response across the blogosphere.

"Wale is continuously letting us know that he is a great contender in the music industry," commented GlobalGrind.com; while Examiner.com heralded Wale as "one of the best rappers in the game, and he's put in some major work to get there. [T]he DC rapper always brings his brilliant wordplay to every tape."
http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/08/23/ ... w-mixtape/

:lol: the ceo of hulkshare confirmed it

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

This tape is pretty dope.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Escobar305 wrote:
Wale Crashes HulkShare Servers With Release Of New Mixtape

Wale is getting ready... preparing the November release of his Maybach Music debut, Ambition. But last week, the DC dropped a brand new mixtape for fans, crashing free download sharing services, Hulkshare and Sendspace.

The mixtape, titled The Eleven One Eleven Theory, was released as a promise to fans after he reached 1 million Twitter followers @Wale.

According to Hulkshare, the traffic surrounding the download to its server resulted in temporary crash to the site.

CEO Ted Brinkofski commented, "This is actually the first time, it's due to an existing file. It's certainly an exciting milestone, but not a pleasurable one."

While other major acts have used Hulkshare to release music, Wale's newest effort was the first time the site experienced such technical difficulties. The result lead to seven trending topics on Twitter associated with Wale and the mixtape.

Wale's tape reached over 100,000 downloads in the first few hours of release, and has received an overwhelming response across the blogosphere.

"Wale is continuously letting us know that he is a great contender in the music industry," commented GlobalGrind.com; while Examiner.com heralded Wale as "one of the best rappers in the game, and he's put in some major work to get there. [T]he DC rapper always brings his brilliant wordplay to every tape."
http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/08/23/ ... w-mixtape/

:lol: the ceo of hulkshare confirmed it
Not the one I was thinking of. Some cat kinda ripped into about it.

http://www.refinedhype.com/hyped/entry/wale-hulkshare/
UPDATE: Scroll to the bottom for the Hulkshare Hall of Shame".

Sweet baby jesus grant me serenity. It's happened again. Almost a year to the day after Wale dropped his "More About Nothing" mixtape via a share site link that immediately crashed, the newly signed MMG rapper put out his "The Eleven One Eleven Theory" mixtape via a Hulkshare link that, you guessed it, immediately crashed, causing me to lose my shit.

For the record this isn't about Wale, not really. He's merely the latest example in an ongoing cornucopia of fuckery when it comes to the release of hip-hop mixtapes. The fact that I'm about to use "Eleven One Eleven" to break down everything that's wrong with the music industry in the digital age is merely a "wrong place wrong time" situation. He deserves the blame, absolutely, but this is about much more than him.

(That disclaimer won't stop the Wale-ites from flooding my inbox with hate mail (hey guys, looking forward to it) but I wanted to deliver it anyway.)

Before we go any further, we all have to understand some internet tech basics. It'll be a little computer nerdy but come on, it won't be that bad, I promise.

Every site, from RefinedHype to The New York Times to HulkShare, runs off a server (or network of servers). Every time a user does anything - clicks a page, leaves a comment, plays a video etc. - it's the server that makes it work. Put as simply as possible, the bigger the server the more requests it can fulfill. If the server gets more requests than it can handle at once it says fuck it, I'm out and crashes. Following so far?

So, the idea that it's essentially inevitable for a popular mixtape to crash a server, and I think that's what the general population thinks, is insane. YouTube's servers, for example, handle eleventy-billion (approximately) more requests in a minute than any mixtape could possibly generate and never crash. This is not a fundamental problem with dropping a mixtape online, this is a problem with how they're being dropped.

It's actually not that hard to drop a project without the download link crashing. Trust me, I've done it and I'm not that smart. That's exactly why it's unfathomable that someone at Wale's level or above would even dream of fucking with HulkShare. Your average rapper goes the share site route because they don't know any better, they're poor and HulkShare is free (although I'd still recommend BandCamp or SoundCloud).

But Wale? Wale, as he likes to remind us, is both famous and rich. For the same amount of money he throws at a single stripper at King of Diamonds he could have hired a programmer and a designer and built an entire site devoted exclusively to "The Eleven One Eleven Theory", complete with a full stream, video and a dedicated server that will never crash. As a professional musician you'd think he'd want to invest at least minimal effort into presenting the thing he cares about most in the world (his music), but instead he goes with the same HulkShare service that the mixxie guys used for their mixtape? Really? Really?

I just don't understand it. I don't. Why? Why do all these rappers, even the ones signed to major labels, insist on putting out their music via the worst method possible? It's like Lebron stepping out on the court wearing a pair of Starburys, like James Cameron shooting "Avatar 2" on his iPhone, like Jay-Z marrying Lil Mama.

Sadly, I have to assume that either they don't care of they're just that dumb; which, in Wale's case, obviously isn't true.

There is, however, a much more devious reason artists and labels may be relying on such an unreliable means of putting out their mixtape:

That, my friend, is an excellent point. Maybe Wale's primary goal wasn't actually to provide his fans easy access to his music and get as many downloads as possible. Maybe he knew the link would go down almost immediately, thereby making him look like a really, really big deal. And, because the general population hasn't read this article (yet), instead of getting mad that the artist put them through an unnecessary hassle to download the project, they ooh and ah in amazement over the crashed link.

Yep, that might just be it - people obviously do think a crashed link is inevtiable. And here's the kicker. I guarantee you that in a couple days Wale and his people will throw out some balls crazy download total (I'm gonna guess.....10 million) and point to the crash as proof of their numbers. Wait, what's that? It's already happened?

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Kill me now, just kill me dead. First, I'd trust the accuracy of HulkShare's download numbers about as much as I'd trust Lil B to write my wedding vows. Second, that tweet went out ten hours ago and as of right now, according to the HulkShare link Wale's officially pushing, it's only been downloaded 100K.

Third, when the link crashed every major site, fan and part-time blog owner re-uploaded it to their own individual link, meaning there must literally be 100 different downloads links for "Eleven One Eleven" floating around right now. It'd be impossible to track and compile the numbers on every link out there, so any number they quote from here on out is inherently wrong. (Click here for a more in-depth discussion of inflated download numbers.)

I know it seems like I'm just another angry (although exceedingly well-informed) rap blogger bashing Wale behind the security of his keyboard, but all this actually comes from a place of love; a love for hip-hop. I want to spend my time listening to this music, pouring over the meaning of every metaphor, discussing every verse with my boys, not closing the 47 pop-up ads I got infested with trying to download a project.

What's worse, not only are rappers being rewarded for doing a bad job (yeah, it crashed!), if an artist invests in doing a project right they actually get penalized (his link didn't crash? He didn't even get 2 million downloads? He must be wack). That's so backwards it hurts my soul, and if we want to hear more good music, that has to change .

I want hip-hop fans to start demanding better. This would be unacceptable in any other field. If NBC spent weeks promoting a new show and when you tuned in the channel crashed you wouldn't be like, "wow, a lot of people must have been watching that show, that's awesome!" You'd be like, "Someone at NBC needs to get fired." So why should major artists and major labels be any different?

What's happening now is the digital equivalent of going to a store to cop a new album, then discovering that you actually have to walk down a dark alley and get it from a guy in a trenchcoat standing next to a van with tinted windows. You know what? I don't want to get my music from trenchcoat and sketchy van guy, and I don't think you do either. Lord knows these artists aren't going to come around on their own so it's up to us to start changing things, and I believe we can do it. Oh yes, we can.

Epilogue: I never want to write this again so I'm going Stanley Cup style. Every time a major mixtape drops via a crappy share site link I'm going to bring this article back to the homepage with the artist and mixtape's etched at the bottom. Mr. Florian, you're up first - sadly, it won't be long before you have plenty of company.

HulkShare Hall of Shame

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

:jaz:

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Wale is horrible.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

i rather listen to wale than j cole tbh

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

I'd rather listen to neither of them.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

ambition cover

tats on my arm featuring ross

http://hulkshare.com/nsoy2ybxb2f8

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

if wale wasn't with Ross Escobar would never have posted this. Wale has always been horrible and it doesn't matter if he is signed to Aftermath and has a track with Raekwon, Rakim and RZA he will always be trash.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Other than being a positive role model for the poor young Nigerian youth, what is Wale's reason for existence?

zombie

Post by zombie »

this shit is fucking horrible.

that nsfw video was pretty cool though.

TITS.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Philaflava wrote:if wale wasn't with Ross Escobar would never have posted this. Wale has always been horrible and it doesn't matter if he is signed to Aftermath and has a track with Raekwon, Rakim and RZA he will always be trash.
wale been dope before rozay

he has his moments primarily on mixtapes hence the reason for posting this

wale = a more interesting black thought

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Escobar305 wrote:
Philaflava wrote:if wale wasn't with Ross Escobar would never have posted this. Wale has always been horrible and it doesn't matter if he is signed to Aftermath and has a track with Raekwon, Rakim and RZA he will always be trash.

I attempted to read all that but all I could think about was....

YOU ARE 16 YEARS OLD

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Escobar305 wrote:

:larry: :winter:

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Hate Is The New Love and 100 Miles And Running are fantastic. Mark Ronson really fucked Wale's whole shit up (probably for good).

supnick

Post by supnick »

Escobar305 wrote:wale = a more interesting black thought

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Philaflava wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

I attempted to read all that but all I could think about was....

YOU ARE 16 YEARS OLD
ill be 17 in a couple weeks man give me a break

Employee
Fast Eddie

HulkShare

Post by Employee »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leorgalil/2 ... artists-2/
HulkShare Develops a New Level of File Hosting with Hip-Hop Artists

10/21/2011 @ 2:31PM

On August 18, popular D.C. rapper Wale dropped a brand new freestyle just one day after he released his latest mixtape, The Eleven One Eleven Theory. Spitting over the instrumental for AZג€™s 1995 hit, ג€œSugar Hill,ג€ Wale took a moment to name-drop those whoג€™ve supported him. Among call-outs to folks on Twitter, Wale made a quick mention of a file-hosting site called HulkShare:

Shoutout HulkShare. You tell me you wasnג€™t a Wale fan, Iג€™m not a HulkShare fan.

The line came as a response to an interview I conducted with HulkShare CEO Ted Brinkofski for the Washington City Paper that went online earlier that day. Wale used HulkShare to debut his new mixtape, and the incoming traffic to the download page overwhelmed the siteג€™s servers and caused that specific page to crash. I reached out to Brinkofski to talk about the downloading issues mixtape and his interest in working with the hip-hop community, and the subject of his current favorite rappers came up: Brinkofski mentioned that he hadnג€™t listened to Wale as much as other rappers and one of his favorites happened to be Wiz Khalifa, which some folksג€“including Waleג€“took to mean Brinkofski ג€œwasnג€™t a Wale fan.ג€

Once the ג€œSugar Hillג€ freestyle hit the net, Brinkofski received a rash of calls from friends about it. Rather than shrug it off, the 21-year-old used the opportunity to reach out to Waleג€™s team and work with them on developing some of HulkShareג€™s newest endeavors.

HulkShare isnג€™t your average file hosting website. Unlike MediaFire, zShare, SendSpace and a mess of other sites that offer anyone free space to upload and share files, HulkShare is a site specifically designed for musicians and industry professionals in mindג€“especially those involved in the hip-hop community. That goes beyond Brinkofskiג€™s love for hip-hop, though that admiration for the genre certainly provides some fuel for his goals. In the two years since he founded the site, heג€™s been trying to come up with innovative new ways to monetize and unite the hip-hop community (or a portion thereof) online.

Brinkofski has some lofty long-term monetizing goals that he says could take years to develop, but for now HulkShareג€™s main avenue for artist revenue is through ads. The site offers sponsorship opportunities to musicians, where Brinkofski pays artists to place their brands on HulkShareג€™s front page: You can see DJ Smallz and two-time Grammy winning production duo Play-N-Skillz with short quotes about how HulkShare is helping them on the siteג€™s main page.

While long-term monetizing strategies are still in the worksג€“Brinkofski mentions developing a gaming platform like FarmVille as one possibilityג€“HulkShare has already been taken in as a go-to site for many people involved in hip-hop. Not only have rappers like Wale and Lil Wayne used it to upload and debut their most recent mixtapes, but popular hip-hop blogs like Nah Right and 2dopeboyz often link to HulkShare files (Nah Rightג€™s post on Waleג€™s ג€œSugar Hillג€ freestyle links to a HulkShare download page), and popular cross-genre music sites like the Fader and Stereogum have embedded songs hosted by HulkShare as well.

But Brinkofski isnג€™t resting on his laurels just yet. ג€œItג€™s still a small imprint on what the impact can be on the hip-hop community,ג€ he says. Heג€™s a bit distracted when I first reach him on the phone, as heג€™s knee deep in coding and making changes to the site. But it doesnג€™t take him long to launch into the details about his plans for the site, rattling off information with the whiplash-inducing speed of a rapper like Freddie Gibbs. He likes to update HulkShare with that speed, too, like with the siteג€™s embeddable music-player. ג€œWe put out an HTML5 one the other day, so you can view it on Apple mobile products,ג€ Brinkofski says. ג€œIג€™m making all these embed players and throwing them out there and seeing what people likeג€¦ we have five more coming out next week.ג€

The real big innovation Brinkofski is working on could very well set Hulkshare apart from the rest of the file-hosting pack: Profile pages that artists could have total control over, something akin to a MySpace, Bandcamp, or Facebook page. ג€œ[In] hip-hop, everybodyג€™s trying to be unique and do something different, I kind of want to build that into the site,ג€ Brinkofski says. ג€œYou can totally express yourself as an artist.ג€

Thatג€™s the idea Brinkofski worked on with Wale and his team last week. Building customized download pages for each song and testing out a variety of options that would allow any artist to make their file-hosting page reflect their personality. Itג€™s not a ground-breaking idea, but its execution might be. ג€œReally, the only thing thatג€™s different or innovative on my end would be the strategy and the target market,ג€ Brinkofski says.

Itג€™ll be at least a few months before these changes begin to roll out, but as long as HulkShare maintains its foothold in the hip-hop community it could very well help the site grow the way Brinkofski wants it to. ג€The hip-hop community is large enough for me to go after so I can build a large business,ג€ he says.