extremely extremely unlikable people involved in hip-hop

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Black Thought was THE VERY FIRST ASSHOLE I EVER MET (he's super cool now, but in 1993, not so much.) That story scarred me for years as a child.

THE FIRST rapper I ever walked up to with dreams of "just get the tape in his hand, yo", and he crushed all that fantasy bullshit with the quickness. Fought tooth and nail for that moment and was duly educated otherwise in reality. Handed him the tape after I saw one of the illest concerts (Saukrates, Ras Kass {who actually performed half of 'Nature of the Threat' live :ohsh: } and the Roots when they were still doing the O.G. live version of 'Hip Hop 101' with Rahzel)

I happily shook his hand, handed him a tape, showed respect to him, said "what up, i'm a big fan, thanks for everything... hope you can check this out..."

all to which he taught me my first life experience that "uh yeah, i don't HAVE TO show you ANY respect, equality, or acknowledge you in any way, shape or form as a human OR a fan."

took the tape, turned his head away, and didn't even give eye contact, "the nod", or ANY representation of human contact. Just took the tape, turned left, and peaced the fuck on out without even a "thank you for giving me something to throw into the garbage bin on the tour bus, kid... or if you're REALLY lucky, I will use your original album cassette to dub over it with anything else I like better".

I was 14 and naive, but that taught me right quick how this shit can be.
I've seen them 19 times though. No hard feelings. We've laughed together since.

but you never forget your first hip hop asshole experience :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve Lurkel

Post by Steve Lurkel »

interesting dante ross and action bronson are both mentioned in this thread being that dante ross manages action bronson...

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

sean wrote:thread is sadface.
needs spinoff thread.
which hiffoppers have you met that turned out to be nice good folk?

i'll start:
ag.
evidence

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

hellriser wrote: evidence
:cheers:
I saw him walking by when I was in line at the Cactus Club at a DP show. I just wanted to know if they'd have any shirts for sale. He called someone over to find out what kind of gear they brought, and he later found me in the crowd to let me know.
Compare that to Blockhead, who acts like a Korean liquor store owner at his merch table.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Jayou Ayen wrote: .
Compare that to Blockhead, who acts like a Korean liquor store owner at his merch table.

To be fair, you are a mexican. I'm way more lenient with whites and asians.
Jayou and I have actually never met

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Blockhead wrote:

I heard your leniency is debatable.
Unless Employee exceeded the 2 Aesop Rock questions limit, there was no need for the "Hurry Up & Buy" comment.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Blockhead wrote:

I heard your leniency is debatable.
Unless Employee exceeded the 2 Aesop Rock questions limit, there was no need for the "Hurry Up & Buy" comment.

Depends if he's white or asian.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

nickwoj wrote:out of all the non-underground cats i met the coolest were fat joe, raekwon, black thought & sean price.
Sean Price is cool. Same with Redman. They both pretty chill guys who crack jokes.

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:you never forget your first hip hop asshole experience
:pause: :pause: :pause: :pause:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

step one wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:you never forget your first hip hop asshole experience
:pause: :pause: :pause: :pause:
:lol: