How does Blu manage to release so much music around the same

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

zombie

How does Blu manage to release so much music around the same

Post by zombie »

time?

It's tough to keep up with it. And a lot of it sounds like shit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: How does Blu manage to release so much music around the

Post by Employee »

zombie wrote:time?

It's tough to keep up with it. And a lot of it sounds like shit.
Because he's like every other rapper and additionally is probably managed by shitty managers.

zombie

Post by zombie »

This year alone he put out like maybe 5-8 albums.

Why

Well I guess you answered that already.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

zombie wrote:This year alone he put out like maybe 5-8 albums.

Why

Well I guess you answered that already.
I've read too that the guy is a little kooky.

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

I pretty much hate this dood for teasing me with flashes of brilliance (man, I be missing Marv Albert right about now). Having said that, his latest joint God is Good - which is incredibly lo-fi and sounds like it was recorded to tape in a garage, like the rest of his shit - has some really dope stuff on it. It's a much better listen than anything else negro has released in since the Exile days. Actually the Exile joint on this is dope. So, do check if you've given up on Blu, you might be surprised.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Because eventually you'll like something. And it obviously keeps his name mentioned.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Busta Ry wrote:I pretty much hate this dood for teasing me with flashes of brilliance (man, I be missing Marv Albert right about now). Having said that, his latest joint God is Good - which is incredibly lo-fi and sounds like it was recorded to tape in a garage, like the rest of his shit - has some really dope stuff on it. It's a much better listen than anything else negro has released in since the Exile days. Actually the Exile joint on this is dope. So, do check if you've given up on Blu, you might be surprised.
Yeah that new album is the reason I made this topic. I just it album today.

The last couple albums he made (album titles looking like "S P A C E S ARE C O O L") threw me off and made me uninterested in his recent work.

Glad to hear some kind of positive response towards God is Good, though. I'll give it a listen, hoping it's not garbage like the last two or three albums he put out.
Last edited by zombie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Cash Rulz wrote:Because eventually you'll like something. And it obviously keeps his name mentioned.
That's what that moka only guy is/was trying to do and now look at him. :lol:

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Below the Heavens was great. A Day Late and a Dollar Short was decent enough.

I just don't listen to him because I don't have the time to wade through all the trash to find the occasional good things. It would be nice if he had Based style fanboys to wade through everything and curate for the not-too-interested.

ogie

Post by ogie »

i liked the jesus ep and no york has a lot of dope shit, too. haven't heard the latest one yet.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DskEVi1Or00?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DskEVi1Or00?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W_9xD9Ief7I?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W_9xD9Ief7I?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Versive

Post by Versive »

God is Good is just the GodleebarnesLP, which dropped in 2010. The only difference is it's now broken up into separate tracks... it's still unmixed. I like it but can see how people have stopped checking for him, considering that 60% of the songs he puts out are less than CDQ let's just say.

There's a great EP's worth of songs on No York, and I still say that track on there with Edan is one of the best songs of the year.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

What do you think of the album though?
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

When (or if) he drops another album with Exile, I'll listen, but this leakage of half assed tracks is embarassing.

I remember Blu saying in an interview that he just wanted to put out the new stuff with Exile on the internet like he's been doing with everything else, but Exile wouldn't let that go down. I trust that if Exile has control of the album, then it will be mastered, sequenced in some coherent matter, etc...basically everything that Blu has no fucking clue about.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

zombie wrote:That's what that moka only guy is/was trying to do and now look at him. :lol:

It works!

Stikone

Post by Stikone »

Going from bedroom straight to the garage and not mixing shit seems to save time and money needed for a decent record.

Versive

Post by Versive »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:What do you think of the album though?
Which, Godleebarnes aka God is Good? I dig, can't offer any sensible explanation for why he would re-release without giving it a proper mix, but I rank it above Her Favorite Colo(u)r and Jesus.

I think that if it was mixed and mastered appropriately, one could make a solid argument that God is Good is better than Below the Heavens.

...Keep in mind that I already made a fool of myself proposing that the bad mixing on Jesus was an aesthetic choice, so I'm basically talking out of my ass in defense of a rapper who everyone else went from loving to totally ignoring simply because his music wasn't well promoted for a year or two.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Most of this shit was old material he sold to Nature Sounds. It's not like that lazy fuck stays grinding out new music on his lo-fi equipment all the time.

He sold some projects for a check. Period.

zombie

Post by zombie »

multsanta wrote:
zombie wrote:That's what that moka only guy is/was trying to do and now look at him. :lol:

It works!

:rofl:

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Versive wrote:God is Good is just the GodleebarnesLP, which dropped in 2010. .
Oh word? Did not know this...guess I missed that one. Good LP though. It is a shame about the mixing, I think we all agree on this.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

His manager is Conspiracy.

:ff:

shakeanjake

Post by shakeanjake »

This is the standout track for me. Besides MyBoyBlu obviously.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Zgvea9Vy2I?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Zgvea9Vy2I?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
http://duffmancantbreathe.blogspot.com
Funk, hip hop, soul, psychedelic, reggae and blues reviews and downloads.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

yeah he needs to mix that shit and put it out, i would buy it ^^

dah well, to mediafire i go