new Danny Brown

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Please define "passionately" in detail (preferably graphic).

Versive

Post by Versive »

:lol: nah

Anyone here agree that "30" is one of the best if not the best song of the year?

DLG

Post by DLG »

I do.

It's kind of one of those songs that transcends rap. The build up that results from the combination of the beat getting noisier and busier and danny's lyrics is really is awesome. there's not many rap songs like this.

reminds me of el-p's dear sirs a little bit in feel. another very atypical rap song.

Dap

Post by Dap »

30 > pac blood to me

everyone seems to think pac blood is the best song on the album or of the year

but the emotion (nh) he shows on 30 is pretty damn incredible

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Dap wrote:30 > pac blood to me

everyone seems to think pac blood is the best song on the album or of the year

but the emotion (nh) he shows on 30 is pretty damn incredible
He kills it on 30 but I think the beat on Pac blood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the beat on 30.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Bought 'Black and Brown' last week, listened a few times. Not that good. There are a couple good songs but the best song is the title track and that was already on 'Album Of The Year.' Just not feeling Black Milk's production, too synth heavy sometimes and his samples aren't that good. He's really hit or miss, but when he hits he's gold.

Haven't heard XXX I'll get it at some point in the future.

Req

Post by Req »

Fields and Scrap or Die back to back is the best shit he's done IMO. Reality rap.
F.U. MOOLAH

DLG

Post by DLG »

Req wrote:Fields and Scrap or Die back to back is the best shit he's done IMO. Reality rap.
these are the songs that everyone ignores and they are the ones that show that he is a very well-rounded rapper, not just a guy with a wacky voice and funny punch lines.

also on Hybrid, Juno, Thank God and great storytelling on Guitar Solo.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Employee wrote:
You ride mad dick.
:larry:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:
Employee wrote:
You ride mad dick.
Calm down, bro.

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

i too was just wiggin out about how good 30 is tonite in the headphones. so intense

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Fuzzy Logic wrote:i too was just wiggin out about how good 30 is tonite in the headphones. so intense

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

Curb Your Empthusiasm

Dap

Post by Dap »

emp y u gay lately bruh

DLG

Post by DLG »

"[Mac Miller's] the worst guy around. Donג€™t get me started. His album cover is like, 'Ugh, what is this?' Hes trying to be artistic, huh? If I see him, I'm just going to have to apologize to him, like, 'Man, I just want to apologize for hating you so much. Because I'm not going to stop. Youre probably a cool guy. I don't feel violent in any way, but I really hate you. I hate your music, man.' Its just bad." - Danny Brown, on his very strong feelings about Mac Miller's Blue Slide Park.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^LOOLLLLLLLLLL

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

DLG wrote:"[Mac Miller's] the worst guy around. Donג€™t get me started. His album cover is like, 'Ugh, what is this?' Hes trying to be artistic, huh? If I see him, I'm just going to have to apologize to him, like, 'Man, I just want to apologize for hating you so much. Because I'm not going to stop. Youre probably a cool guy. I don't feel violent in any way, but I really hate you. I hate your music, man.' Its just bad." - Danny Brown, on his very strong feelings about Mac Miller's Blue Slide Park.
:lol: one of the many reasons CQ will always be wrong about this guy
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

the comment section for that in complex is as usual, pure gold

'Dude, I'm white and university educated and I hate college rap, too. I saw Hoodie Allen recently. Nice guy, actually quite skilled, but content wise, come the fuck on. And this isn't on some "white people shouldn't rap shit," but upper middle class kids rhyming about upper middle class problems makes it hard for people to take great white MCs (Apathy, D-Sisive, Machine Gun Kelly to some extent) really seriously.'
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

perlman

Post by perlman »

Being called out by Danny Brown for being a faggot must be a serious blow(pause) to the ego.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

really like danny b more

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

am i the only one that really likes DNA?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

mike eagle wrote:am i the only one that really likes DNA?
The song? I'm a big fan as well.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Blockhead wrote:
The song? I'm a big fan as well.
yeah..i dig 30 and pac blood a lot too but i dont ever hear anyone praise this joint

Dap

Post by Dap »

i think EWNESW might be one of the most underrated tracks on the album. short but sweet. and i think the beat is dope as hell

zombie

Post by zombie »

Blockhead wrote:
The song?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Dap wrote:i think EWNESW might be one of the most underrated tracks on the album. short but sweet. and i think the beat is dope as hell
that's my most played track on the record. "Ate a lunchable for dinner, nigga I ain't frontin' / took the bus to Eastland / just to walk around it / I ain't buy nothin, nigga / just walked around it."

I wanna hear him do that track in Detroit.

As for "DNA" I initially really dug that song, but the more I played the record... it struck me as a song that was too close to his work on The Hybrid and doesn't fit well with XXX.
The sentiment is poignant, reminds me of Wu-Tang's "A Better Tomorrow".

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

"Wake Up" from Black & Brown EP>>>>>>>>

daBay-2-daDam

Post by daBay-2-daDam »

I liked the Black and Brown EP a lot, I thought Dada and LOL were off the hook, Danny goes hard on Dada especially but the hook on LOL is some classic shit

DLG

Post by DLG »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1VZAYCSx0I?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1VZAYCSx0I?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIuWj1XNruE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIuWj1XNruE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Black and Brown EP has really grown on me, got used to the sound of the beats. Wake Up, Zap, Dada, LOL...all great songs.

Not sure whether to listen to The Hybrid or XXX first. Prob start with the earlier one.