Based Pryde? Cotdamb. Where are her parents at?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

it made the ny times today

Caramanica sucks the internet's dick so much it's unseemly
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

zombie

Post by zombie »

she literally has the same voice/flow as Yoni Wolf

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/qQi7D ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/qQi7D ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

everytime i see something like this, i'm confused as to who said she was to be the next so and so to blow up. must be the hipster blogger network i'm not tapped into. and i guess she doesn't know much about projecting her voice at all. and the beat is just everything else thats out there: 808, trap-sound, and so-called "bounce" to it.

anyways, for the record, i actually think riff raff can rap but he's a rarity amongst a good deal of his peers (not including TKO Capone and Action Bronson).
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Panama

Post by Panama »

I'm a let this one play out........no need to be all knee jerk out it

YOUNGMOE

Post by YOUNGMOE »

drizzle wrote::shrug:

i gotta say, while grown men fawning over this song is retarded, so is 30+ old men getting visibly umad about it

the thing that's genuinely maddening is the hysteria that this video has generated, both positive and negative. this neither the death of rap nor the future of it. it's just a teenage girl doing teenage girl things, filtered through the lens of rap that's popular on tumblrs

young god

Post by young god »

I dunno if im getting more "mature" ( =/) but this stuff doesn't bother me in the least, and I don't understand how some people are so furious at her existence. she's a teenager, and if it wasn't for the hip blogeratzi who like to build the next internet sensation up just to tear them down the next week, she would just be making jokey songs for her friends to hear. But yeah, I don't see why anyone my age and gender would listen to her. But she also doesn't grate on me like a kreayshawn and V-nasty do. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out though.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

young god wrote:I dunno if im getting more "mature" ( =/) but this stuff doesn't bother me in the least, and I don't understand how some people are so furious at her existence. she's a teenager, and if it wasn't for the hip blogeratzi who like to build the next internet sensation up just to tear them down the next week, she would just be making jokey songs for her friends to hear. But yeah, I don't see why anyone my age and gender would listen to her. But she also doesn't grate on me like a kreayshawn and V-nasty do. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out though.

young god

Post by young god »

Employee wrote:
young god wrote:I dunno if im getting more "mature" ( =/) but this stuff doesn't bother me in the least, and I don't understand how some people are so furious at her existence. she's a teenager, and if it wasn't for the hip blogeratzi who like to build the next internet sensation up just to tear them down the next week, she would just be making jokey songs for her friends to hear. But yeah, I don't see why anyone my age and gender would listen to her. But she also doesn't grate on me like a kreayshawn and V-nasty do. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out though.
No idea what this means, but :cheers: for the creative use of a gif, brozay.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i see what you mean, young god, and i agree that its not for my old ass demographic, :lol:. i guess i get confused to why its so popular when it barely sounds like she can project herself well recording-wise, imo. aside from the fact its a young white female rapping.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

ardamus wrote:i guess i get confused to why its so popular
it's not.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

call this shit 'based' music and not 'rap' music and we're all good.

cuz we are rap fans, so that way, it doesnt taint (II) whatever.

how old is this chick? if she's not 18 im not paying attention until she is, and then we can hope for cell phone pics to leak, if she's still around.

speaking of kreay kreay, anyone wonder how she's been parlaying her single into a career as a weed smoker? cuz i dont think shes dropped any music since gucci gucci. columbia prolly makin the larry david face at her hard as fuck right now

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

multsanta wrote:
it's not.
but the Hipster network says it is, right? So it must be true.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ardamus wrote:
multsanta wrote:
it's not.
but the Hipster network says it is, right? So it must be true.
:copy:

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Just got into a twitter catfight with two of her handlers.

Life is so strange. And awesome.

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Employee wrote:New low.
yeah. is that the new fucking thing now? see how wack you can get away with sounding?

what part of the game is that? :arrow:
1) Agree that this shit is wack and does, in fact, constitute a "new low" in hip hop in general and the newish trend of White girl rappers in particular.

2) And while a coin-flip might decide who's actually the better rapper, she does seem to have about the same sense of rhythm and command of flow as you do, Mindbender. Objectively, she's already had a more successful rap career than you. So I wouldn't get on such a high horse about the shit, if I were you.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I understand why some people may or may not like her on the mic, but how could anyone front on that beat???

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Employee wrote:New low.
yeah. is that the new fucking thing now? see how wack you can get away with sounding?

what part of the game is that? :arrow:
1) Agree that this shit is wack and does, in fact, constitute a "new low" in hip hop in general and the newish trend of White girl rappers in particular.

2) And while a coin-flip might decide who's actually the better rapper, she does seem to have about the same sense of rhythm and command of flow as you do, Mindbender. Objectively, she's already had a more successful rap career than you. So I wouldn't get on such a high horse about the shit, if I were you.
Opines the film school failure and noted Tyler Perry acolyte.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

1) i was just in daytona beach. wish i'da gone to the mall where she works.

2) she will be signed for a reported "million dollar deal" and we will never hear from her again.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

zombie wrote:she literally has the same voice/flow as Yoni Wolf

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/qQi7D ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/qQi7D ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

https://twitter.com/#!/kttydothedishes/ ... 1237252096

david111

Post by david111 »

this chick has 1600 twitter followers

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Does Kreayshawn still make music?
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

MC Homeless wrote:Does Kreayshawn still make music?
:copy:

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Shits hot

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Ohhhhhh shit, it's official now!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

zombie

Post by zombie »

wow

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

is Riff Raff Diplo's Ali G character?

He's on his label but they've never been seen together (not true but a quick google image search came up empty so I'm rolling with it), and they both hop from trend to trend and try way too hard to be relevant. Both have also been (correctly) accused of cultural appropriation.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:is Riff Raff Diplo's Ali G character?

He's on his label but they've never been seen together (not true but a quick google image search came up empty so I'm rolling with it), and they both hop from trend to trend and try way too hard to be relevant. Both have also been (correctly) accused of cultural appropriation.
:cheers:

these cats make Tay Zonday seem artiste savant :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;