Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

supnick

Post by supnick »

free agents tape was embarrassing

why would they rap over beats they already killed

they set themselves up for failure

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Did 'Gun Love' ever get a proper CD release? I've seen a promo cd rip out there, but never got all the tracks. To me, that's the last track where P was still killing it, and some other HNIC tracks.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

HNIC 1 is a classic to me pretty much straight thru....HNIC 2 was dope too....as as the Mac is Back mixtape with Alchemist. P had a few bad years after the Jay-Z beef though.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

HNIC 1 is mega dope

the beats on that are killers

ill laced pianos

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

since this thread i dug Murda Muzik out of my collection to throw back in rotation and i gotta say this album HAS INDEED aged phenomenally

i think the album Infamy was the last mobb album i checked and remember i didnt like it too well, i have enjoyed all of havoks and prodigys recent solos , i have never heard HNIC2 but what im getting at is there any recently made mobb deep albums that are fire enough to check?

TopKat

Post by TopKat »

ok so I realised I don't have the bootleg and all the links are dead, can someone hook me up please

if you can with bootleg & the promo version that the source reviewed i know it's out there as i seen a link but i think it was megaupload link

TopKat

Post by TopKat »

Bump!

still looking for bootleg & advance links plzzz

TopKat

Post by TopKat »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

this thread is wrong. hell on earth is the best mobb album with the most integrity and replay value. infamous is a close second but still has cheese on it. murda is dope but too many misses to fuck with h.o.e.
Nets 2022

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Reason wrote: infamous is a close second but still has cheese on it.
:larry:

Like what?
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

Like what?
let me start by saying i think infamous is pretty much a classic

but it IS less cohesive and "cheesier" than hell on earth

if infamous had only the havoc-produced songs, plus a few more havoc-produced songs to replace the space occupied by the q-tip and other non-havoc-only songs, it'd be better than hell on earth, but party's over has no replay value and is not that good a song, drink away the pain is boring, right back at you is meh, temp's rising is more memorable for mary j. blige's incessant crooning (although those dusty drums and minimalist production really are dope) and i have nothing bad to say about give up the goods, the only flawless non-havoc song

hell on earth is ALL havoc all the time and it is just a great, fluid listen. every song delivers the same message and identity yet doesn't get monotonous, the tone or mood of the album changes not once yet they just come up with ridiculous, new ways to evince griminess, no r&b singing or try-hard-to-be-catchy hooks, it's just straight mobb deep
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

btw i've been saying hell on earth is my fav mobb deep album for years but you just now made me realize why i think it...thanks, mayn
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

the infamous vs hell on earth

is an important debate to me

one album is regarded as better 99% of the time. such a discrepancy is interesting to me. it makes no sense musically. it does make sense in terms of hits and money as the best and most popular song from both albums is on the infamous.

but artistically and musically? hell on earth is as perfect an album as mobb deep can make. it's mobb without anyone in their ears telling them what to do and with havoc maturing beyond needing/asking for help from fellow queens resident q-tip (who really does NOT sound right next to prodigy or havoc when he raps on drink away the pain btw)

the minimalism is boosted by the excellent quality of samples chosen, it creates a zen-like perfection in the production. and the rapping follows suit with its own zen steelo. every fucking song is about robbing/beating/clowning/shooting/killing other motherfuckers. solidarity throughout an album is a beautiful thing...it makes for a more consistent album

:icedit: temp's rising should be 3 stars not 4, that was a 'typo'

if they had just the havoc-only produced songs you'd have the best rap EP of all time

1. start of your ending
2. survival of the fittest
3. eye for an eye
4. up north trip
5. trife life
6. q.u. hectic
7. cradle to the grave
8. shook ones pt 2

Last edited by Reason on Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nets 2022

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Reason wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

Like what?
let me start by saying i think infamous is pretty much a classic

but it IS less cohesive and "cheesier" than hell on earth

if infamous had only the havoc-produced songs, plus a few more havoc-produced songs to replace the space occupied by the q-tip and other non-havoc-only songs, it'd be better than hell on earth, but party's over has no replay value and is not that good a song, drink away the pain is boring, right back at you is meh, temp's rising is more memorable for mary j. blige's incessant crooning (although those dusty drums and minimalist production really are dope) and i have nothing bad to say about give up the goods, the only flawless non-havoc song

hell on earth is ALL havoc all the time and it is just a great, fluid listen. every song delivers the same message and identity yet doesn't get monotonous, the tone or mood of the album changes not once yet they just come up with ridiculous, new ways to evince griminess, no r&b singing or try-hard-to-be-catchy hooks, it's just straight mobb deep
I only agree with party's over being a just ok song...how is drink away the pain boring?? that beat is classic, and the song has a lasting effect, if you drink...maybe you don't...I always wondered tho, how does q-tip's verse fit into that song?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

also I don't think thats mary J on the hook of temp rising, its a singer named crystal johnson...

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: how does q-tip's verse fit into that song?
egggggsactly

also you obviously like that beat way more than i do. that sax and bassline are both straight cornball
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:also I don't think thats mary J on the hook of temp rising, its a singer named crystal johnson...
i stand corrected. sounds a lot like mary j though damn
Nets 2022

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Ben Yew once again proving that he has some of the worst taste in music in the storied history of M2C.

Right Back At You >>>>>> marrying Rebekah Brooks lookalikes and spunking thousands of dollars on failed Lil B inspired t-shirt lines.

How this faggit has the grapefruits to boldy declare anything "cornball" is beyond me :

Also, Nore doesn't really deserve his own thread and I dunno where else to post this so it can go in here :

N.O.R.E - Kenny Powers

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cVdtP0ihQvI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cVdtP0ihQvI?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Balkongen Loungin' wrote:Ben Yew once again proving that he has some of the worst taste in music in the storied history of M2C.

Right Back At You >>>>>> marrying Rebekah Brooks lookalikes and spunking thousands of dollars on failed Lil B inspired t-shirt lines.

How this faggit has the grapefruits to boldy declare anything "cornball" is beyond me :

ur all rhetoric and jokes. my ear for music shits on urs. and when u were 18 u looked like a bigger faggot than me
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

holy shit that gif an ur jokes are amazing though. u def win the posting battle but ur listening habits will always be faggy to me. u blackstreet loving white motherfucker u (not an insult blackstreet >>>>)
Nets 2022

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Love Murda Muzik. Personal classic. Slightly below their 2nd and 3rd albums. Hell on Earth is my favorite Mobb record.

Reason wrote:holy shit that gif an ur jokes are amazing though. u def win the posting battle but ur listening habits will always be faggy to me. u blackstreet loving white motherfucker u (not an insult blackstreet >>>>)
You think Purple Swag is a good song. End of story, son.

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

Does nobody else consider Party's Over one of Mobb Deep's best songs? Prodigy's verse and that beat are crazy

itzmurda

Re:

Post by itzmurda »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Really has aged into a classic I think. Some of the best "left off" material for an album this good too, here's four joints from the bootleg version that never made the final cut:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/150770295b97845c/ - Murda Music (Intro)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/15077218e809c5b7/ - Cold World

http://www.zshare.net/audio/150770990bb3aa27/ - 3 From NYC

http://www.zshare.net/audio/15077337b685e693/ - Feel My Gat Blow (Get At Go)
anyone know what cold world is? i never heard of that

so apparently, we've heard the ADVANCE version and the promo version sent to the source

but ive never seen a good rip of the bootleg. the actual bootleg on nyc street corners has this printed on the back of the case

1. Murda Muzik
2. Deer Park feat. Cormega
3. Thrill Me
4. Illustrious
5. Where Ya From feat. Eight Ball
6. White Lines
7. Where Your Heart At
8. You Fukin Wit
9. Thug Music
10. The Realest Shit feat. Kool G Rap
11. This One
12. That True Shit

12 tracks, but ive also seen the bootleg labeled as 15 tracks so i dunno. lookin for a copy of that joint if anyones got it

seagrams hotsauce

Re: Murda Muzik appreciation thread

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

I understand why you could pick HOE over The Infamous, but saying it would be better if you 'keep just the Havoc produced tracks' is rich. There was a Complex article or some shit detailing the making of The Infamous where hav basically admits that tip coproduced the whole thing uncredited a couple years ago. There's a pretty marked difference between Juvenile Hell and everything after it (until Infamy, I guess), and they both credited Q for that more than anyone else.

Drink Away the Pain and Party Over are both classics, too.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Always thought "Drink Away The Pain" was the worst song on the album.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Looking back on my old comments in this thread is kind of strange. I've since come to consider Hell On Earth their best album.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Has anyone seen the hood flick btw?
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Infamous, Hoe, and murdamuzik >>>>>>>>>>>

P during that era :ohsh:

Those albums still scare me