Young Thug Is Majestic

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

step one

Post by step one »

ackbar wrote:what's wrong with autotune anyways?
you are such a cunt
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

step one wrote:
you are such a cunt
thanks.
i think autotune is a part of rap culture now

david111

Post by david111 »

young thug is way more charismatic than Future, is his main advantage over him i think

its funny watching these kinds of threads progress. A bunch of the same people shit on someone they think is generic. It turns out he's not generic. He makes big crossover songs. Eventually everyone likes him, but insist that it's his music who's changed, not that they finally got w/ the program. some die-hards stick it out & insist he's garbage til the day they die. etc.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^word, cause it's totally implausible that this guy simply isn't that good.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

david111 wrote:young thug is way more charismatic than Future, is his main advantage over him i think

its funny watching these kinds of threads progress. A bunch of the same people shit on someone they think is generic. It turns out he's not generic. He makes big crossover songs. Eventually everyone likes him, but insist that it's his music who's changed, not that they finally got w/ the program. some die-hards stick it out & insist he's garbage til the day they die. etc.
You're wildly emotional over how majestic Young Thug is, though.

david111

Post by david111 »

Blockhead wrote:^word, cause it's totally implausible that this guy simply isn't that good.
well, idk, i like to think i've got a pretty good ear/eye for talent & generally speaking i think this guy is charismatic & has a certain star power or w/e you want to call it. ive found more than a few tracks where he seems like the standout talent. his stuff has a unique vibe. i think its more plausible that your ears just arent tuned into this kind of rap music

but then, that just shows the increasing ridiculousness of ppl acting like this board's organizing principles make any sense in 2012 beyond 'dudes who shoot the shit.' blast's tastes & employees might as well be talking about different genres

david111

Post by david111 »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ImX30qntU-M?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ImX30qntU-M?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

a lot of the artists discussed on here dont have songs ive been as interested by as this one. you can say there are better rappers, but this feels a lot more unique

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

david111 wrote:
Blockhead wrote:^word, cause it's totally implausible that this guy simply isn't that good.
well, idk, i like to think i've got a pretty good ear/eye for talent & generally speaking i think this guy is charismatic & has a certain star power or w/e you want to call it. ive found more than a few tracks where he seems like the standout talent. his stuff has a unique vibe. i think its more plausible that your ears just arent tuned into this kind of rap music

but then, that just shows the increasing ridiculousness of ppl acting like this board's organizing principles make any sense in 2012 beyond 'dudes who shoot the shit.' blast's tastes & employees might as well be talking about different genres
Obviously, no one's opinion is fact. And while I'm certainly not a fan of most southern rap where the guy sounds learning disabled, I actually do listen to new shit with open ears. In fact, I look forward to Blast's posts like this cause 50% of the time he's putting me onto to some really dope shit.
But this? i dunno...I just don't see it. And I'm not coming at this on some "I hate all new rap!" shit at all...I don't see the charisma, originality, or uniqueness in anything about this. I mean, shit, the dudes name alone is a testament to how completely unoriginal he is.
But, you're right, I'm definitely not "tuned in" to this type of rap. I'm 35 for christs sake.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

[presumably white] trap-hop maven types like ackbar, david111, blastmaster etc are fucking fascinating to me.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:[presumably white] trap-hop maven types like ackbar, david111, blastmaster etc are fucking fascinating to me.
get it how u live. i see more cocaine & goldteeth on a weekly basis than breakdancers

david111

Post by david111 »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:[presumably white] trap-hop maven types like ackbar, david111, blastmaster etc are fucking fascinating to me.
Feel like this is a transitive property of the artist we're interested in being more interesting than who ever you think were supposed to like

That cash out video was YT's introduction to the world from what I understand. It has 500,000 views despite being completely amateur. You can't manufacture or fake charisma. Theres a reason people like this dude, that ppl are willing to invest their careers and time in it, and trust that it's not the small handful of rap bloggers stealing his music online anyway

david111

Post by david111 »

Not to overstate the case here. I'm not saying dude is about to take down rick ross. His latest mixtape is just a big step up from the first one and he's got a genuinely original style. Albeit one influenced by where lil wayne left off

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ackbar wrote:
step one wrote:
you are such a cunt
thanks.
i think autotune is a part of rap culture now
it is, but dinosaurs dont understand that

autotune has been great for hip hop, I'm all for it

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I Came From Nothing 3 drops on the 4th. Should be life-affirming as fuck. Dude is the best thing in rap right now this side of Riff Raff.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

blastmaster wrote:I Came From Nothing 3 drops on the 4th. Should be life-affirming as fuck. Dude is the best thing in rap right now this side of Riff Raff.
a genuine thanks for putting me on to this cat

:cheers:

tpp

Post by tpp »

ICFN3 is joyous

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

tpp wrote:ICFN3 is joyous
link?

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

david111 wrote:young thug is way more charismatic than Future, is his main advantage over him i think

and if he blows up, u still gonna b down?

david111

Post by david111 »

depends on if his music is good or not

this tape is a lil bit less good than 2 imo

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i like natural, woda & time of ya life

tpp

Post by tpp »

yeh woda is so sick.

maybe it's a lil less good that 2 but still so fun

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Young Thug Is Majestic

Post by Employee »

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

that tape got some amazing songs on it
young thug verses on the new flock and gucci are great

oh that smell, yeah that smell, very rare, we everywhere, you never there, you in a wheelchair

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The majesty continues to envelop my soul. This kid is a genius.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

Yeah I don't know...I checked his newest mixtape and it was pretty bad, until I got to probably the corniest girl song I've heard in a long time, then it was terrible.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re:

Post by ardamus »

blastmaster wrote:Thanks for re-affirming that Young Thug will be a critical darling with his next release guys. Dude is Future with soul.
remember when you said this? well, its still not true.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Erm, I'm pretty sure Young Thug is fairly critically acclaimed at this point since he has damn near every rap critic on his jock.

He does have one song that could qualify as "Future with soul" too (Danny Glover) and I say that as someone who thinks Young Thug sounds like one of those YouTube comedy parodies of Wayne's Lollipop.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Re: Re:

Post by blastmaster »

ardamus wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Thanks for re-affirming that Young Thug will be a critical darling with his next release guys. Dude is Future with soul.
remember when you said this? well, its still not true.
Yes. Yes it is. Stay on my dick though.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

embedded

dope. metro boomin>>>>

i guess i need to be listening to more young thug