Nas - Life Is Good LP thread (Covers, singles, etc)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_XRsDHm5gs?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I know thats an old video but Rah is so articulate on record but when he does interviews sounds like a moron.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Philaflava wrote:Nas is so articulate on record but when he does interviews sounds like a moron.

step one

Post by step one »

Larry2times wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Nas is so articulate on record but when he does interviews sounds like a moron.
in which case he still has one up on most rappers out right now.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

waka waka homie, for sure

is everyone behind the notion NAS is articulate on wax? That's an awful generous describing word

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

capable_keL wrote:waka waka homie, for sure

is everyone behind the notion NAS is articulate on wax? That's an awful generous describing word
God no, his tryna kick knowledge via concept albums has shown up that more than anything.

What I really meant is how hes incredibly stoopid irl.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Before his crack addiction, I used to think DMX appeared very articulate and well spoken in the couple of video interviews I watched him in.

thebohdan252

Post by thebohdan252 »

album is really good

thanks for talking it down / lowering my expectations, it probably helped

Kace

Post by Kace »

drizzle wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:
At this juncture--21 years and 10 solo albums in--no other MC has ever rhymed at such a high level this deep into their career. Not Rakim. Not Kool G Rap. Not Slick Rick. Not Big Daddy Kane. No One.
This is true
Well none of those rappers named actually rapped for 21 years AND had 10 solo albums (at least not yet), so they're not really the best selections for comparison there are they?
fwiw raekwon has been rapping for almost as long and even though he (thankfully) hasn't put out as many albums he raps just as well as Nas does now
KRS-One also put out a shitload of albums and he's crap nowadays.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

shakeanjake

Post by shakeanjake »

I wonder why he left Nasty off the main release.
http://duffmancantbreathe.blogspot.com
Funk, hip hop, soul, psychedelic, reggae and blues reviews and downloads.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

drizzle wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:
At this juncture--21 years and 10 solo albums in--no other MC has ever rhymed at such a high level this deep into their career. Not Rakim. Not Kool G Rap. Not Slick Rick. Not Big Daddy Kane. No One.
This is true
Well none of those rappers named actually rapped for 21 years AND had 10 solo albums (at least not yet), so they're not really the best selections for comparison there are they?
fwiw raekwon has been rapping for almost as long and even though he (thankfully) hasn't put out as many albums he raps just as well as Nas does now
Nas is kicking mad pseudo well-read knowledge, quoting Einstein and dropping reflective one liners in the midst of all the flossin'. Raekwon, imho, is generally just describing hood/coke shit, albeit with an exceptional delivery.

Nas' lyrical stylings on "Reach Out">> anything Raekwon has conjured in the last 10 years

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

shakeanjake wrote:I wonder why he left Nasty off the main release.
Because it's actually good and NaS is an idiot.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

KITFUNK wrote:NaS

A completely random aside, but I've noticed you have this weird obsession with trying to mimic the typeface that appears on rap album covers. The above is one example, and I remember you once typing the title of the Sunz of Man album with the brackets around the name as it appears here:

That shit is pretty fucking weird.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Philaflava wrote:I know thats an old video but Rah is so articulate on record but when he does interviews sounds like a moron.
I didn't click the link, so I don't know if it's from AOR, but I thought Rakim came across pretty damn articulately in The Art of Rap
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

KITFUNK wrote:

i dont understand, Nasty IS on the album

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Neuro wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:

Yeah. Looks like it's on both versions to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Is-Good-Nas/ ... fe+is+good

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Is-Good-Delu ... fe+is+good
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

best song is 'Trust'
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nav

Post by Nav »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:best song is 'Locomotive'
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Combo7 wrote:

A completely random aside, but I've noticed you have this weird obsession with trying to mimic the typeface that appears on rap album covers. The above is one example, and I remember you once typing the title of the Sunz of Man album with the brackets around the name as it appears here:

Weird obsession? You mean typing things correctly, as they are?

Perhaps your weird obsessed with incorrectly spelling artists and album titles is what you should concern your time with, not me spelling artist names and album titles how they were intended to be spelled.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Neuro wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:

Yeah. Looks like it's on both versions to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Is-Good-Nas/ ... fe+is+good

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Is-Good-Delu ... fe+is+good
Prior to being released publicly, track listings said it was a deluxe cut, meaning not on the original, regular album. But obviously that isn't the case anymore, guess they thru it on to close the album, but the original cd had 14 tracks with the final song being Bye Baby.

Also, if you click the second link you posted and take a look at the cd cover for the deluxe version, you'll see a sticker that says "Includes 4 additional tracks". he deluxe album has 18 tracks, the 14th track is Bye Baby meaning the 4 songs coming after that are deluxe and not on the original (Nasty being on of those 4). Again, however, if click the first link, it lists Nasty on there, so I guess they put it on.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

KITFUNK wrote:
Combo7 wrote:

Perhaps your weird obsessed with incorrectly spelling artists and album titles is what you should concern your time with, not me spelling artist names and album titles how they were intended to be spelled.

It has nothing to do with how something is "intended to be spelled," it's just an artistic flourish of a logo in the vein of font choice, shadowing effects behind the letters, etc. Whatever, weirdo.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I know thats an old video but Rah is so articulate on record but when he does interviews sounds like a moron.
I didn't click the link, so I don't know if it's from AOR, but I thought Rakim came across pretty damn articulately in The Art of Rap
he's generally articulate in interviews i've read. this video was a bullshit cry for attention in order to promote "the seventh seal" so maybe his third eye was telling him dont.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Just hearing this for the first time and after the first four songs (and even accounting for the irony of accident murderers) its hard for me to say there's a better technical rapper than Nas right now. His patterns are fantastic on this.

edit: and just now hearing Daughters. Fuck ya, bro.

Oh, here's Reach Out. Shouts to IDAL and Sweet G.

And then there was this bootleg Choclate Rain song...

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Goddamnit Nas...

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Yo, right now it ain't about that Nas shit, man - let's reminisce on Rakim's infamous hostage video-esque commercial for GoldTeethUSA.com :

"Tell 'em Rakim sent you, man. They ain't gonna give you no discount, but what they gonna do, they gonna give you the right joints, you heard me?"

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTSsTmcvxc4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTSsTmcvxc4?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This >>>>>>>>>>>>> any of the music he made last decade.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Combo7 wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
Combo7 wrote:

It has nothing to do with how something is "intended to be spelled," it's just an artistic flourish of a logo in the vein of font choice, shadowing effects behind the letters, etc. Whatever, weirdo.
You're a retard and your answer is completely without logic. WHAT THE FUCK does "font choice, shadowing effect behind letters, etc." have anything to do with capitalizing the letter 'S' in NaS as is done on the front of cd covers and on my iTunes?

Since when is a capital 'S' in the vein of "font choice" and "shadowing effects"? The same question goes for the SoM album with the brackets, again, the font choice and shadowing effects have nothing to do with the brackets or me putting them on the title. The reason I did it, is because that's how it shows up on my iTunes and that's how it shows up on the cd cover...meaning...it was intended to be spelled that way.

Pfftt "artistic flourish of a logo". Please, kill yourself you daft cunt.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Balkongen Loungin' wrote:Yo, right now it ain't about that Nas shit, man - let's reminisce on Rakim's infamous hostage video-esque commercial for GoldTeethUSA.com :

"Tell 'em Rakim sent you, man. They ain't gonna give you no discount, but what they gonna do, they gonna give you the right joints, you heard me?"

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTSsTmcvxc4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTSsTmcvxc4?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This >>>>>>>>>>>>> any of the music he made last decade.
Probably the pinnacle of the insincere drop era. My favourite parts when a Cash4Gold ad is playing on the tv in the background.

alpha

Post by alpha »

after listening to the first 4 songs. I wanted to turn this shit off.

YOUNGMOE

Post by YOUNGMOE »

last four tracks are bananas

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Fuck you. I like it.

PEACE