Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

Post by ardamus »

nah Caustic couldn't get into Canada. so the finals must be Arcane vs. Chedda Cheese.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

^Even bigger bloodbath then.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Agreed.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

ardamus wrote:
Great battle. If only KOTD could have this kinda consistency. I feel like both guys have crazy intricate wordplay but Arcane is much better at linking the wordplay back to an on point insult/breakdown of his opponent.

Bulletz 3rd round backfired when the crowd felt like it was going too far.

I always liked Arcane since he beat that fgt Charron and the internet got umad but he has also improved a TON since then, which is awesome.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ardamus wrote:nah Caustic couldn't get into Canada. so the finals must be Arcane vs. Chedda Cheese.

srsly what the fuck is up with him and border patrol in canada? he complained about being stopped at the border and having all his shit (including the motherfuckin rhymes he wrote) taken away...now he can't get in at all?> is his last name bin laden, the fuck?

caustic is really good but i'm surprised nobody has taken the jeffrey ross angle on him. dude is the jeff ross of battle rap in so many ways, including his face and his voice
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
arcane definitely improved. he went from faux gangster with hard bars to grizzled veteran with smart bars.
Nets 2022

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Reason wrote:
ardamus wrote:nah Caustic couldn't get into Canada. so the finals must be Arcane vs. Chedda Cheese.

srsly what the fuck is up with him and border patrol in canada? he complained about being stopped at the border and having all his shit (including the motherfuckin rhymes he wrote) taken away...now he can't get in at all?> is his last name bin laden, the fuck?

caustic is really good but i'm surprised nobody has taken the jeffrey ross angle on him. dude is the jeff ross of battle rap in so many ways, including his face and his voice
have you tried to get in to Canada post 9/11? Its not as easy as it used to be. I can't get to canada(which shouldn't be surprising) but also if you have a dui its incredibly difficult to get in as well, just as an example of how it is.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Reason wrote:^^
arcane definitely improved. he went from faux gangster with hard bars to grizzled veteran with smart bars.
werd. used to not like this dude and thought bullets would kill him but he got better. lets have a battle rap playdate again soon please. :teehee:

Thun

Post by Thun »

This happened a while ago but was just posted today. The Irish kid has a surprisingly decent flow and control over his style, but a bork is still a bork. Rone was flawless in this, 3-0.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

thekeentwo wrote:
Reason wrote:^^
werd. used to not like this dude and thought bullets would kill him but he got better. lets have a battle rap playdate again soon please. :teehee:
i always felt like Arcane was always there as far as his skills and angles. i just didn't see anything different from him in this battle with Bullets. imo, what Bullets did was bananas. but also, i think it was on everyone's mind that Bullets would use the wigger angle so thats what made it not work for him; may have been a little too predictable. he's about the only brotha in the league that consistently battles.
Moolah wrote:^Even bigger bloodbath then.
Chedda will lose if Arcane mocks his style harshly. I wouldn't sleep on Chedda no matter how corny or nerdy he is (yeah Thun); that kid got some good bars and he's in the finals for a reason besides getting byes in each round. It'll be a crazy ass clash of styles though to see. Both are stand-outs in the league.

Thun

Post by Thun »

I just don't see it. I think Chedda is among the very worst out there and is on a steady course to being obliterated.

Wasn't Fredo undefeated at one time? These records don't matter to me.

I look forward to seeing the battle, however.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Thun wrote:This happened a while ago but was just posted today. The Irish kid has a surprisingly decent flow and control over his style, but a bork is still a bork. Rone was flawless in this, 3-0.

Wow, I'm a Blizzard fan but Rone killed him. When Rone is on point he's one of my favourites for sure.

Blizzard has good flow/control due to his grime stylez, innit.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i watched that rone vs blizzard today too...rone murked him and blizzard's freestyling when he forgot his shit was pretty bad

also watched the compliment battle between two guys with cringe-worthy delivery but pretty funny writing...esepcially the second guy

keen i'm down for viewing parties but what if you actually performed in one of these!?
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Reason wrote:also watched the compliment battle between two guys with cringe-worthy delivery but pretty funny writing...esepcially the second guy
Tricky P and Deffinition are both hilarious. That battle was retardedly funny.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Reason wrote:i watched that rone vs blizzard today too...rone murked him and blizzard's freestyling when he forgot his shit was pretty bad

also watched the compliment battle between two guys with cringe-worthy delivery but pretty funny writing...esepcially the second guy

keen i'm down for viewing parties but what if you actually performed in one of these!?
could not have less of a desire for written battles
VIEWING PARTY

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

^well there goes my thekeenone vs ACTHEPD fan fiction battle rap then *sigh*

yo I blaze trees all day b, I might be a LADY, but you the jay-z of shade trees. :killacam:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Moolah wrote:
Reason wrote:also watched the compliment battle between two guys with cringe-worthy delivery but pretty funny writing...esepcially the second guy
That "leave Tricky P alone" shit had me :lol: . I slept on Deffinition at first. Dude is funny as fuck in battles. His battle with Dirtbag Dan was one of his best performances. Tricky P is good battles but better at music. His last few battles, he just keeps losing and forgetting his shit (example: battle with Charron).

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ardamus wrote:
Moolah wrote:
That "leave Tricky P alone" shit had me :lol: . I slept on Deffinition at first. Dude is funny as fuck in battles. His battle with Dirtbag Dan was one of his best performances. Tricky P is good battles but better at music. His last few battles, he just keeps losing and forgetting his shit (example: battle with Charron).

deffinition is cool. he also did a battle where they held up a mirror across from him and he battled himself. pretty funny shit.

deffinition is like the british caustic to me.

anyway my current top tier: loaded lux, hollow da don, ness lee, swave sevah, dizaster, pass (fka passwurdz)
honorable mention: caustic, dna, rone, cruger, pat stay, real deal, eurgh, head ice, 100 bulletz, bender, arcane, henry bowers, hollohan, bill collector, chilla, daylyt
dope but hard to like consistently for whatever reasons: illmaculate, the saurus, dirtbag dan, chedda cheese, uno lavoz, dirt, 360, tricky p
overrated as fuck: oshea, charron, murda mook, loe pesci, hitman holla, calicoe, nils m skils (his 4th grade comprehension and enunciation of the english language is finally outweighing his wit)
just terrible: diaz, shazaam, psyko (azn kotd dude), k-shine, arsonal (lol at some of the wins he has on his record, fuckin ridiculous)

off the top of my head. confirmed battle nerd. i know i am forgeting lots of cats i like and did so intentionally for some guys who are WAY too inactive (stainless comes to mind) or retired (soul khan) :icedit: :icedit: :icedit:
Last edited by Reason on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

oh and thun i realize now i have to stop ignoring you for the merits of this thread. i'm sick of responding to things a week later b/c someone quoted you when i would have jumped on it if i had seen it. plus i don't exactly remember why i put you on ignore. plus i miss the various ways you could tell me i was a faggot.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

fuck it daylyt is top tier. he has everything
Nets 2022

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

daylyt came back to battle rap at the perfect time. i wouldn't mind seeing him and Uno battle.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

rzn forgot 24/7

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

battles:

other stuff:

AyeVerb presents Word War 2012
http://dvnworld.com/2012/10/30/ayeverb- ... -war-2012/

DBD is doing it big on this card.

SMACK gonna have something to say about this.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Moolah wrote:rzn forgot 24/7

inactive, no? am i missing 24/7 battles in my life? i thought he announced in his battle against osa that it was his last one
Nets 2022

dubs

Post by dubs »

guys im fuckin with, pause.

JC is cream of the crop for me. Lux. Bill Collector. Hollow Da Dinnininninnon (where he be at btw?). that battle thun posted a page or two ago, M Ciddy, and someone else, both were real nice with it. I wanna see another Rosenberg Raw battle, mainly because i question his gangsta, and its funny to me.

what happened to the kid from detroit, he battled rosenberg raw, and had that line about smack battles, i liked him for a minute. haven seen him lately.

Im bored so im gonna peep the arcane battle, not expecting much.

oh and pat stay was dope to me.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

dubs

Post by dubs »

and charron is one of the least likeable personalities i have ever seen. very punchable.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

dubs

Post by dubs »

Reason wrote:fuck it daylyt is top tier. he has everything
ive never heard of duke. so i feel im out the loop. any newcomers that are really delivering i should peep? ill check for this daylyt guy.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

dubs wrote:
Reason wrote:fuck it daylyt is top tier. he has everything
ive never heard of duke. so i feel im out the loop. any newcomers that are really delivering i should peep? ill check for this daylyt guy.
daylyt been around for a minute. he stopped for a sec then got back into it. he's gotten more popular now that he's in dotmob and makes some funny fuckin' music and comments.

exhibit A:

:pause: :pause: :pause: :pause: / :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

exhibit B:

:lol: :lol: / :ohsh: :ohsh:

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

step easy is garbage

they had to make him battle a non native English speaker for him to catch a W

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

so this is an oldie but one i never addressed with moolah:

did this video (and real deal's success with the crowd in it) make you cum?
Nets 2022