Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ObeseJesus

Re: Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

Post by ObeseJesus »

That's the first Arsonal battle that I enjoyed him in. Usually he's garbage. But then again people are putting swave sevah and nes-lee in their top 5's so I don't even know what to think.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

battles:

other stuff:

:lol: at the last battle listed on that flyer. Moolah's gonna :jiz: when he sees this.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ObeseJesus wrote:That's the first Arsonal battle that I enjoyed him in. Usually he's garbage. But then again people are putting swave sevah and nes-lee in their top 5's so I don't even know what to think.
a fat jake one wannabe doesn't matter what his ethnicity really is he is white to us all hawaiian motherfucker doesn't think two (black) guys with style his fat limbs can't comprehend doesn't think swave sevah and ness lee (not nes-lee ya weirdo) isn't worthy of top 5 mention

color me astonished
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Thun wrote:Yeah man, flow-wise Arsonal is one of the best. My main complaint about him was that in the Smack/URL universe he would limit his subject matter/approach to fit the prosaic gunclap nonsense that tends to dominate. Elsewhere he gets to be his whimsical, borderline absurd self and then he shines.

you nailed it. when he is in his "borderline absurd" state he is just coming from more creative angles by default and he is really awesome at delivering it all. it's completely an aside but his rocking the Arsenal jersey and the hat and all was so boss, like i said, a highly competent performer
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ardamus wrote: Image

:lol: at the last battle listed on that flyer. Moolah's gonna :jiz: when he sees this.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I have been waiting for this moment for years. :rofl: :bow: :bow:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Reason wrote:
Thun wrote:Yeah man, flow-wise Arsonal is one of the best. My main complaint about him was that in the Smack/URL universe he would limit his subject matter/approach to fit the prosaic gunclap nonsense that tends to dominate. Elsewhere he gets to be his whimsical, borderline absurd self and then he shines.

you nailed it. when he is in his "borderline absurd" state he is just coming from more creative angles by default and he is really awesome at delivering it all. it's completely an aside but his rocking the Arsenal jersey and the hat and all was so boss, like i said, a highly competent performer
I think the message is pretty clear: if you're a creative black artist, go to Europe, life is good there.

Thun

Post by Thun »

ObeseJesus wrote:That's the first Arsonal battle that I enjoyed him in. Usually he's garbage. But then again people are putting swave sevah and nes-lee in their top 5's so I don't even know what to think.
Ardamus .... who is this wigga?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Thun wrote:
Reason wrote:

I think the message is pretty clear: if you're a creative black artist, go to Europe, life is good there.

speaking of that anyone (ardy?) know who was playing the role of diddy/rhymes in the balcony with the frequent reactions and eye contact with shotta?
Nets 2022

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Reason wrote:
Thun wrote:
Reason wrote:

speaking of that anyone (ardy?) know who was playing the role of diddy/rhymes in the balcony with the frequent reactions and eye contact with shotta?
have no clue who that was.
Thun wrote:
Ardamus .... who is this wigga?
:lol: :copy:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Reason wrote:
Thun wrote:
Reason wrote:

I assumed he was Mindbender's version of Stephon Urquelle.

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

Reason wrote: speaking of that anyone (ardy?) know who was playing the role of diddy/rhymes in the balcony with the frequent reactions and eye contact with shotta?
That's Ghetts, f.k.a. Ghetto, grime legend, probably best known for being mates with Kano or for having had beef with Wiley. He's not quite Diddy.

Sleeper pick for battle of the year?

Also, I think Shotty's earned himself a spot in the battler of the year poll, his performances against Fingaz and Unanymous were ridiculous.
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

srsly i can't think of ONE good reason to click on that tantrum/illusion-z battle. someone give me one.
Nets 2022

Thun

Post by Thun »

PoRich vs Lavoz was lackluster to say the least.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Illusion Z actually did good in that battle.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Thun wrote:PoRich vs Lavoz was lackluster to say the least.
Its all about the SMACK/URL mockery in that one. :lol:

Thun

Post by Thun »

ardamus wrote:
Thun wrote:PoRich vs Lavoz was lackluster to say the least.
Its all about the SMACK/URL mockery in that one. :lol:
I did appreciate the references. Was it meant to be complete mockery or also a bit of an homage?

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

Reason wrote:srsly i can't think of ONE good reason to click on that tantrum/illusion-z battle. someone give me one.
Two close friends going at it with extreme personals and being apparently no longer friends by the end. It's pretty intense, and illusion comes really excellent imo.
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Lurk wrote:
Reason wrote:srsly i can't think of ONE good reason to click on that tantrum/illusion-z battle. someone give me one.
Two close friends going at it with extreme personals and being apparently no longer friends by the end. It's pretty intense, and illusion comes really excellent imo.

damn. you gave me a good reason. always willing to watch some genuine frienemy battles
Nets 2022

Thun

Post by Thun »

Reason wrote:
Big Lurk wrote:

damn. you gave me a good reason. always willing to watch some genuine frienemy battles
I'd advise against it.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

too late. gonna go wash out my ears with some illmatic, stat

i have no use for rappers like tantrum and illusion z. i'm not on some "don't follow ur dreams and passions" haterade shit; i'm on some "people should be aware of their limits and glaring weaknesses and be humble and smart and kinda respectful to people who do it well and to fans who wanna see good product and go do something they are actually good at"

these dudes are boring as fuck. illusion ruins any good lines he wrote with his awful delivery/mannerisms/voice/flow/whateveryouwannacallit & tantrum needs anger management and to shut his fucking fake-gangsta rapping voice and stop making mean diahrrea faces, fuck. okwerdz at least has presence on the mic and can control the crowd.
Nets 2022

Thun

Post by Thun »

Reason wrote:too late. gonna go wash out my ears with some illmatic, stat

i have no use for rappers like tantrum and illusion z. i'm not on some "don't follow ur dreams and passions" haterade shit; i'm on some "people should be aware of their limits and glaring weaknesses and be humble and smart and kinda respectful to people who do it well and to fans who wanna see good product and go do something they are actually good at"

these dudes are boring as fuck. illusion ruins any good lines he wrote with his awful delivery/mannerisms/voice/flow/whateveryouwannacallit & tantrum needs anger management and to shut his fucking fake-gangsta rapping voice and stop making mean diahrrea faces, fuck. okwerdz at least has presence on the mic and can control the crowd.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: / :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Reason wrote:
a fat jake one wannabe doesn't matter what his ethnicity really is he is white to us all hawaiian motherfucker doesn't think two (black) guys with style his fat limbs can't comprehend doesn't think swave sevah and ness lee (not nes-lee ya weirdo) isn't worthy of top 5 mention

color me astonished

1. I've heard the name Jake One but I couldn't identify any of his work. If anything, I'm a wannabe Rap Game Deepak Bropra/ Office Space Action Bronson/ The G-U-N-P-L-A-Y of the acai bowl game.

2. It's 2012 bruh, time to get your mind out that racial gutter.

3. Your accurate critique of my misspelling of Ness Lee's name is slightly diminished when it's presented within a run-on sentence as obscene as yours. Punctuation is important, Yoko Brono.

4. Swave Sevah got that Blanta Clause swag. Ness Lee, much like Arsonal, drops a lot of not-so-funny funny bars, imho (except for his Battle against Illmac, they both killed it). Rele doe, Swave and Ness are both technically good battle rappers, but I feel they often lack in the charisma department, which is just about as important as lyrics to me.

5. My favorite battle rappers are: DNA, Dizaster, Loaded Lux, Illmaculate, Hollow Da Don, Soul Khan, Bill Collector, Rone, Daylyt, John John Da Don, T-Rex, Conceited, JC, Shotty Horroh, Bender, PoRich

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Obese, contribute to the thread more if you're gonna be an asshole that keeps up with this shit. :cheers:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Obese, contribute to the thread more if you're gonna be an asshole that keeps up with this shit. :cheers:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ObeseJesus wrote:
Reason wrote:

color me astonished

1. I've heard the name Jake One but I couldn't identify any of his work. If anything, I'm a wannabe Rap Game Deepak Bropra/ Office Space Action Bronson/ The G-U-N-P-L-A-Y of the acai bowl game.

2. It's 2012 bruh, time to get your mind out that racial gutter.

3. Your accurate critique of my misspelling of Ness Lee's name is slightly diminished when it's presented within a run-on sentence as obscene as yours. Punctuation is important, Yoko Brono.

4. Swave Sevah got that Blanta Clause swag. Ness Lee, much like Arsonal, drops a lot of not-so-funny funny bars, imho (except for his Battle against Illmac, they both killed it). Rele doe, Swave and Ness are both technically good battle rappers, but I feel they often lack in the charisma department, which is just about as important as lyrics to me.

5. My favorite battle rappers are: DNA, Dizaster, Loaded Lux, Illmaculate, Hollow Da Don, Soul Khan, Bill Collector, Rone, Daylyt, John John Da Don, T-Rex, Conceited, JC, Shotty Horroh, Bender, PoRich
:cheers: except

LOL at talking about lack of charisma and then naming clowns like illmaculate and conceited who are both 99% lyrics in terms of what is redeemable about them... Just because swave and ness don't yell or do double time doesn't mean they lack charisma. It is hard to reconcile the quality of the rest of ur favorite battlers with ur inane sense of ness lee and swave sevah, opinions opinions
Nets 2022

Thun

Post by Thun »

Is it the pink elephant in the room that DNA is wack as fuck?

Tech9 is also trash but nobody here ever mentions him, fortunately. How in the hell do rappers who don't even rhyme for several minutes at a time have a buzz and a winning record?

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Thun wrote:Is it the pink elephant in the room that DNA is wack as fuck?

Tech9 is also trash but nobody here ever mentions him, fortunately. How in the hell do rappers who don't even rhyme for several minutes at a time have a buzz and a winning record?

dna doesnt really impress me in battles, he was cool in the joint vs eurgh.

ive never watched a tech9 battle, never had interest, mainly cus the only tech 9 i listen to doesnt battle rap

so i agree on bof points

and obese jesus, youre nuts for thinking swave sevah is wack. you cant say that and then have porich in your faves list son

:cas:

Thun

Post by Thun »

I don't think Swave and Ness Lee are above criticism.

As dope as Swave is, his delivery and rhyme schemes are identical from match to match. He's like Percee P on barbituates.

Ness Lee contrived cooler-than-thou laid back approach can also get tiring. See Real Deal's critique of it in their battle.

That being said, neither is anywhere close to wack and both bring plenty of originality and sharp lyrics to the table. It is not unbelievable that fans of the scene would consider them to be top contenders.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Thun wrote:I don't think Swave and Ness Lee are above criticism.

As dope as Swave is, his delivery and rhyme schemes are identical from match to match. He's like Percee P on barbituates.

Ness Lee contrived cooler-than-thou laid back approach can also get tiring. See Real Deal's critique of it in their battle.

That being said, neither is anywhere close to wack and both bring plenty of originality and sharp lyrics to the table. It is not unbelievable that fans of the scene would consider them to be top contenders.
basically this

and also, new trailer up for URL: Revelations. i tried to embed but youtube hated