Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Thun

Re: Battle Rap Vid Thread (KOTD, URL, iBattle, etc.)

Post by Thun »

Magneto wrote:Rosenberg Raw is black LOL
I thought he was half Colonel Ackbar and half King of Queens, tbh.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

yoooo

@ 10:23 in the rosenberg raw battle. did that nigga just say arlington in reference to it being a mean part of virginia?

i wish i was in the audience to be like

:smugkid:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Piff Tannen wrote:yoooo

@ 10:23 in the rosenberg raw battle. did that nigga just say arlington in reference to it being a mean part of virginia?

i wish i was in the audience to be like

:smugkid:
:icedit: :icedit: :icedit: :icedit: :icedit: / :icedit: :icedit: :icedit: :icedit: :icedit:

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Magneto wrote:Rosenberg Raw is black LOL
:larry: I'm blacker than rosenberg raw.

Thun

Post by Thun »

He looks mixed, dunny. Let it go. I agree that it's odd that Keen's mullato-dar is off.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

battles:

other stuff:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Thun

Post by Thun »

R.I.P. Chedda Cheese

Dizaster has a potential problem on his hands...

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Thun wrote:He looks mixed, dunny. Let it go. I agree that it's odd that Keen's mullato-dar is off.
NO NEVER
ur reading interpretations are off

i was making the implications that his mulato-ness (self :copy:) is extra extra and i honestly thought it was 2 white dudes battling into well into his verse and he started dropping n-bombs.

dubs

Post by dubs »

Thun wrote:Yeah I can honestly give a shit about Cortez but anyone who thinks Tay-Roc won that battle lives below the poverty line, period.
ha, my praise of tay was sarcasm.

Bigg K is on my radar now. Pretty cysed to see him battle more. Def top 3 white battler.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

dubs wrote:
Thun wrote:Yeah I can honestly give a shit about Cortez but anyone who thinks Tay-Roc won that battle lives below the poverty line, period.
ha, my praise of tay was sarcasm.

Bigg K is on my radar now. Pretty cysed to see him battle more. Def top 3 white battler.
:lol:
lets try to get someone to reference this in a battle

Thun

Post by Thun »

thekeentwo wrote:
Thun wrote:He looks mixed, dunny. Let it go. I agree that it's odd that Keen's mullato-dar is off.
NO NEVER

i was making the implications that his mulato-ness (self :copy:) is extra extra and i honestly thought it was 2 white dudes battling into well into his verse and he started dropping n-bombs.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

^^^^ :lol:

You know, I kept hearing what Arcane did was a bodybag but I don't think it was. He clearly beat Chedda but not how people hyped it up to be, IMO. Chedda didn't even stumble and I think it takes some skill to rap how he does in battles. Arcane won because his punches were clearly harder which Chedda should've focused on. I think if Chedda took a more harder approach to deliver his lines, it would've worked out better for him. Its basically how he lost to Henry Bowers; Chedda loses to people who are good with punchlines (even if you don't like Bowers, he is known for that) because he's way better at style and delivery. That's why he beat Charron because it overpowered what he does.

Thun

Post by Thun »

ardamus wrote:^^^^ :lol:

You know, I kept hearing what Arcane did was a bodybag but I don't think it was. He clearly beat Chedda but not how people hyped it up to be, IMO. Chedda didn't even stumble and I think it takes some skill to rap how he does in battles. Arcane won because his punches were clearly harder which Chedda should've focused on. I think if Chedda took a more harder approach to deliver his lines, it would've worked out better for him. Its basically how he lost to Henry Bowers; Chedda loses to people who are good with punchlines (even if you don't like Bowers, he is known for that) because he's way better at style and delivery. That's why he beat Charron because it overpowered what he does.
Chedda definitely put up a fight. Kid has heart, I'll give him that.

I don't agree that Arcane won just because his punches were hard though, I think his writing as a whole is also consistently better, and better than Chedda to the extent that it was 3-0. In the context of a battle, anyway. Maybe in a cipher people would be more impressed with what Chedda did. But he didn't seem quite hungry enough to get that money.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Thun wrote:

I don't agree that Arcane won just because his punches were hard though, I think his writing as a whole is also consistently better, and better than Chedda to the extent that it was 3-0. In the context of a battle, anyway. Maybe in a cipher people would be more impressed with what Chedda did. But he didn't seem quite hungry enough to get that money.
True. Chedda's hunger for it wasn't there it seemed. I feel like he held back some of his punches that he could've let loose on Arcane. Especially with his style, it would've been better.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Thun wrote:
thekeentwo wrote:
NO NEVER

:ohsh:

hahahahahah

ROSENBERG, NIGGA

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

chedda needs to work on his delivery. i could barely here dude too, project bro.

bigg k rap video

does it vex anyone else that some shit like this from 2011 has 7,000 views but his battles from this year are all 6 figure views? does anyone ever check the music people make? has anyone crossed over from battle star to rap star? is it too soon? would you like to spoon with me?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i am 2:36 into this arcane/chedda battle and i can't help but think that if chedda pulls this out (i skipped to quick reply to avoid spoilers) a dizaster vs chedda cheese battle might be such a mismatch it actually becomes boring

i don't give arcane a shot but chedda's presence vs. dizaster's :err:
Nets 2022

Thun

Post by Thun »

Damn, kind of sad to see Dirt at this stage of it. He really fell the fuck off and is going nowhere.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

ardamus wrote:
Thun wrote:

True. Chedda's hunger for it wasn't there it seemed. I feel like he held back some of his punches that he could've let loose on Arcane. Especially with his style, it would've been better.
Word. I didn't pay much attention to Chedda but the girl in the pink shirt over his shoulder could catch it for real.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Thun wrote:Damn, kind of sad to see Dirt at this stage of it. He really fell the fuck off and is going nowhere.
Cosigned from Dirt's no. 1 dickrider (nh).

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Ardamus, are there any redeeming qualities whatsoever to those Coloradorap battles? I can't bring myself to press play on any of them on the strength but if I'm missing out on anything good, please let me know.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Arcane is basically my favourite battle rapper now. :ohcanada:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

K-Shine got locked up. Not sure if he'll be bailed in time for his battle with DNA Sunday
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Thun

Post by Thun »

Magneto wrote:K-Shine got locked up. Not sure if he'll be bailed in time for his battle with DNA Sunday
:roll:

YEAH DNA, I WAS LOCKED UP
THIS RAP SHIT? I GOT IT LOCKED UP
THE SK? I DON'T KEEP IT LOCKED UP
USED TO HAVE DREADS, SO MY HEAD WAS LOCKED UP
THIS BATTLE? I GOT IT LOCKED UP
YOU THE TYPE TO TURN FAG LIKE HALF DA NIGGAZ DAT'S LOCKED UP
BUT YOUSE ALREADY A FAG SO YOU AIN'T BEEN LOCKED UP
BODY YA AND THEN GET YOU ZIPLOC'D UP
MY BLOCK, YOU KNOW I GOT IT LOCKED UP

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

odium-LSC wrote:Ardamus, are there any redeeming qualities whatsoever to those Coloradorap battles? I can't bring myself to press play on any of them on the strength but if I'm missing out on anything good, please let me know.
They're hit or miss honestly. I didn't watch this one yet so, they're a dice roll. Now I will say Voicebox Battles, which is located in that area, have better battles than Coloradorap battles.
Moolah wrote:
Thun wrote:Damn, kind of sad to see Dirt at this stage of it. He really fell the fuck off and is going nowhere.
Cosigned from Dirt's no. 1 dickrider (nh).
His battle with Jack Schitt and his URL battle hasn't been released and from what I've heard, he went in on those. Him facing top tier cats and messing up really stopped him from being next level like he should be. But I know at one point, he was supposed to do that Rock The Bells battle and he let Real Talk go in his place because he runs his own businesses and etc. in his hometown. Only person from Goon Platoon who keeps making more moves in different leagues is Real Talk. Haven't heard much from Stainless or Ivan Da Great.
Thun wrote:
Magneto wrote:K-Shine got locked up. Not sure if he'll be bailed in time for his battle with DNA Sunday

Between the fight with him biting, the talking to tranny on the phone thing, that ass grab thing that Aye Verb clowned about at SM2, and this......he's become the one URL rapper that keeps getting his business put out there.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Thun wrote:

:rofl:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Thun wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

battles:

Caustic's 3rd round :ohsh: :copy:

other stuff:

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

arcane is good people too, down to earth cat. i saw him play years ago, before kotd, and hes just a talented performer. he did a song about overdosing and it climaxed with him falling over dead on the stage, but it wasnt at all corny.

definately looking forward to see him vs dizaster

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

ardamus wrote:battles:

Caustic's 3rd round :ohsh: :copy:

other stuff:
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: omggggggggggggggggggggggggg