OK, who wants a new Scaramanga Shallah album?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Echo Leader

OK, who wants a new Scaramanga Shallah album?

Post by Echo Leader »

One of the TROY posters threw this up today, and I thought it was worth sharing. Also, LOL @ "Hard Whaling." :naswtf:
Freezy Pazzy wrote:I guess most of y'all missed this, so I wanted to share it with you. Basically, here's what happened : After a few years of silence & failed comebacks, Scaramanga/Sir Menelik/Cyclops 3000/You name it... seemed ready to finally bless us with a new album. He started teasing fans all over Facebook, adding us to an official page he made, talking about his upcoming Jabbar El album called "Hard Whaling" slated for release this mid-December. It seemed pretty cool, even though nobody heard a single song from the album, until he came up with explanations on how to order this CD from him. Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride :

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless being incredibly dumb or incredibly rich (Or both, which seems to happen a lot in Italy these days), I don't know ONE living human being who would drop so much dinero for a CD we don't know NOTHING about.

So, since Scaramanga had to be loyal to his shitty reputation, asking for tons of money when he really knows he can't sell more than a few thousand units (We're not in '98 no more my friend, the ex-die hard Rawkus fans are bumping David Guetta nowadays), he came back to his fans and threw one of his good ol' tantrums on them. Beware, the following pic is the reason why our parents told us not to do drugs when we were kids.

Not completely sure about what he meant, and since crackheads are known for their violent mood swings, people tried to go the safe route and clear any misconception before admitting this rant was... Well... Directed towards them, which meant precisely 99.9% of the people he invited to his FB group :

From now on, the fate of his "fake fans" was sealed... Scaramanga was about to terminate this group, leaving them wondering how the hell they could support such a dumbfuck over the years, even though buying material from artists struggling with mental disorder can be considered as an act of charity in certain places.

But he still had one last message for his Fans... Yes, the REAL Fans (If you don't live in Italy and can't give away 1500$ like it's nothing, chances are you don't belong in this category. Sorry bruh.) :

Scaramanga, if you ever read this : Thanks for being one of the most entertaining pieces of shit I've seen in my life.

And oh yeah, good luck selling your new CD. 2013's gonna be a tough year for you, no doubt.

dubs

Re: OK, who wants a new Scaramanga Shallah album?

Post by dubs »

LOL.

where is this group? i think i want in.

and what makes the highly coveted #1 cd worth 1500$?
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

I wonder how public this 'bidding' is? Probably it's blind and he sends out a half dozen CDRs with "1" written on them. If he sends anything at all...

Even if anyone was willing to pay these prices, who would trust this guy?

Versive

Post by Versive »

I remember seeing some shit like this on his FB page a few weeks back. The fact that he's asking for hundreds of dollars w/o offering so much as a snippet of a new song is pretty incredible.

Totally unrelated bit of self-promo: I wrote a pretty good little piece on Seven Eyes, Seven Horns a few months back. http://www.tinymixtapes.com/delorean/sc ... even-horns

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

cocaine is a helluva drug

still want to hear new scara music tho :owens:

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

but what if it's the best cd ever made?

DLG

Post by DLG »

dude's trying to exploit the well-off bork market to the fullest.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

it's like how thugs or bums walk up to me asking for money with some preconceived notion that "white dude = rich person".

young god

Post by young god »

I think the dude is legitimately crazy or at least totally delusional (obviously). We approached him back in the myspace days about doing a little project or just a song or something and he was trying to charge like 100,000 for a song or some shit.

the brow

Post by the brow »

:bork:
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

Galapagos4

Post by Galapagos4 »

I was just about to go back and peep Seven Eyes for the 1st time in a while, I love that album but it becomes hard to listen to at times as well.

After reading this I might not.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Don't know the validity of this story but I remember hearing about him trying to charge a 4-figure sum to do an interview with a rap magazine... lmao at this whole thread

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

damn, it sounds like this dude has no idea how anything works

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

i bought this CD. best $500 i've ever spent. it changed my life. it spurred a cascade of epiphanies about my life and my place in the universe that caused years of crippling sadness, anxiety, and confusion to recede like the diminishing ocean tide. i understand the reaction in this thread - it is impossible to comprehend what is contained on this CDR until you experience it for yourself - but you have to understand when i tell you that this is not simply some attempt at relevancy by a golden age relic. it is a piece of scripture. this may very well be the voice and words of god flowing through what was once a mere mortal, but has now become a vessel for divine wisdom. $500 is a small price to pay for priceless insight into your own existence. get familiar.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Is Scaramanga the TI guy caught for snitching?
UBM CD COMING SOON

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

young god wrote:I think the dude is legitimately crazy or at least totally delusional (obviously). We approached him back in the myspace days about doing a little project or just a song or something and he was trying to charge like 100,000 for a song or some shit.
This. Tried to interview the dude once when I was doing interviews regularly with Q&A. I told him I wanted to do a "Making of 7 Eyes, 7 Horns" and that it would be a nice publicity piece for him (this was when he was putting out some random cd-rs during one of his "come backs"). He wanted me to pay a couple g's to do the interview which was laughable to me. I basically told him I'd interviewed plenty of artists bigger than him and had never paid a dime to do so. He proceeded to call my phone 25 times a day threatening to send "machine men" to my door for disrespecting him.

True story.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

BREAKING NEWS : Scara himself just canceled the Facebook event for his "Hard Whaling" CD release. As I'm typing these words, I guess there's some kid in Italy who's now writing an email to his bank office, asking them to stop lifting funds to a Paypal account in the USA. Sad ending my friends, sad ending.

young god

Post by young god »

OK, as funny as this is, I'm sure this guy is actually crazy. Sounds like some of the behavior that The Holocaust (warcloud) would exhibit.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

they should form a group with esham

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

he seem really unstable and legit crazy, kinda sad actually...

Versive

Post by Versive »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
young god wrote:I think the dude is legitimately crazy or at least totally delusional (obviously). We approached him back in the myspace days about doing a little project or just a song or something and he was trying to charge like 100,000 for a song or some shit.
This. Tried to interview the dude once when I was doing interviews regularly with Q&A. I told him I wanted to do a "Making of 7 Eyes, 7 Horns" and that it would be a nice publicity piece for him (this was when he was putting out some random cd-rs during one of his "come backs"). He wanted me to pay a couple g's to do the interview which was laughable to me. I basically told him I'd interviewed plenty of artists bigger than him and had never paid a dime to do so. He proceeded to call my phone 25 times a day threatening to send "machine men" to my door for disrespecting him.

True story.
:ohsh:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

machine men :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:He proceeded to call my phone 25 times a day threatening to send "machine men" to my door for disrespecting him.
SARAH CONNOR?

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

young god wrote:OK, as funny as this is, I'm sure this guy is actually crazy. Sounds like some of the behavior that The Holocaust (warcloud) would exhibit.

what is the story with holocust?

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Haha. I'm familiar with Scaramanga. Wouldn't say he is that great of an artist. He seems to think otherwise.

I have Snake Eyes, listen to it maybe every 17 months or so. Beats are distorted as fuck, raps are all over the place. "Count Slow" is dope though.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

hellriser wrote:
young god wrote:OK, as funny as this is, I'm sure this guy is actually crazy. Sounds like some of the behavior that The Holocaust (warcloud) would exhibit.

what is the story with holocust?
Holocaust was writing children's books last I heard.
UBM CD COMING SOON

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

you guys made album(s) with him right? I'm guessing there's a pretty awesome story buried behind this sentence somewhere.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

young god

Post by young god »

yeah we have amazing stories about our experience making an album with him, I just don't like airing him out in public cuz he's mentally ill. But yes, lots of lols, and saved answering machine messages, and a framed letter to the FBI posing as us.

Versive

Post by Versive »

young god wrote:....and a framed letter to the FBI posing as us.
:lol: I don't mind telling you that album is my favorite work by either party. Seemed like there was some great chemistry regardless (or maybe even partially as a result) of the bizarre circumstances.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Philaflava wrote:machine men :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
One of the funnier things to come out of this thread. :lol: