ImageImage

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: Chief Keef - Finally Rich album leaked

Post by Jaz »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Jaz wrote::shittylikesometp:
ImageImage
FAIL and at least I don't waste my precious time and energy listening to ignorant bullshit from talentless reprobates.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

It's not about boom-bap or not. These guys/piglets genuinely suck at rapping.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

TrillUno

Post by TrillUno »

DLG wrote:not sure if Laughing to the Bank is the worst or best song ever made.
Lyrics on Laughing to the Bank had me turnt up and perplexed at the same damn time.

"I got a cheque for hah, hah, hah,
I cashed it in for hah, hah, hah"

KEEFY!
Everything You Need To Know - http://www.YouTube.com/TrillHQ

TrillUno

Post by TrillUno »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:It's not about boom-bap or not. These guys/piglets genuinely suck at rapping.
In 2012, zero fucks were given about 'boom bap'

For real though, could you imagine if Hip Hop was the Auto Industry and you only wanted people to ride one particular model of whip for the rest of their lives? Fuq outta here with that
Everything You Need To Know - http://www.YouTube.com/TrillHQ

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:It's not about boom-bap or not. These guys/piglets genuinely suck at rapping.
yes. this.

I honestly could not understand half of Keef's lyrics on 'Hate Being Sober' when I heard them, they were spoken SO badly.

It's not about anything but lack of skill.

It really is :shittylikesometp:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

binary

Post by binary »

TrillUno wrote:

For real though, could you imagine if Hip Hop was the Auto Industry and you only wanted people to ride one particular model of whip for the rest of their lives? Fuq outta here with that
It's more about shitty music and lack of talent than clinging to boom bap or anything. This shit is a product of liberal ideology, trying to act like these fucks are "cool" or "hip" when in reality they are borderline retarded and mentally slow.

DLG

Post by DLG »

http://www.hiphopmorning.com/News/inter ... lbum-sales

Interscope Records Cancel Chief Keef Tour And Plan To Drop Him After Low Album Sales

Chief Keef Sold 50K On His First Week Album Sales
Will Interscope Records cancel Chief Keef's contract and drop him from the label if his album sales are low? 50 Cent already gave HipHopMorning a hint that the people at Interscope were mad at Chief Keef for not coming to his video shoot. Now Interscope has cancelled Chief Keef's Tour after low ticket sales. It seems the next move for them to do is to drop him from the Label. If they do drop him from the label maybe they can find some more talent on our rising star section.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

binary wrote:
TrillUno wrote:

It's more about shitty music and lack of talent than clinging to boom bap or anything. This shit is a product of liberal ideology, trying to act like these fucks are "cool" or "hip" when in reality they are borderline retarded and mentally slow.
:larry: / :omgracist: / :fail:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

DLG wrote:http://www.hiphopmorning.com/News/inter ... lbum-sales

Interscope Records Cancel Chief Keef Tour And Plan To Drop Him After Low Album Sales

Will Interscope Records cancel Chief Keef's contract and drop him from the label if his album sales are low? 50 Cent already gave HipHopMorning a hint that the people at Interscope were mad at Chief Keef for not coming to his video shoot. Now Interscope has cancelled Chief Keef's Tour after low ticket sales. It seems the next move for them to do is to drop him from the Label. If they do drop him from the label maybe they can find some more talent on our rising star section.
It took all that for them realize he wasn't that good in the first place? Man, talk about the blind leading the blind.........
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

anticonguy

Post by anticonguy »

ardamus wrote:

It took all that for them realize he wasn't that good in the first place? Man, talk about the blind leading the blind.........

It should be common knowledge by now that talent isn't a factor at all when it comes to major labels. They just want the next money maker, they don't care if the music is good or not. Your look, personality, and visuals all help. Chief Keef got the look down, personality sucks honestly, and the I Don't Like video had a lot to do with his shortlived success. Hopefully he will stop after this album and just go back to runnin crack and shooting other rappers in southside Chicago.
"i cant listen to any rap... i think it all is pretty much boring to listen to.... i would never listen to some underground or mtv-underground shit when im home washing dishes or whatever... but some people still like rap... god bless em, thats who buys my records!"- sole

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I know all that, genius. I'm just saying that once they got their pockets tapped and this kid not only screwed them on money on sales, he showed a very unprofessional side of himself.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

ardamus wrote:I know all that, genius. I'm just saying that once they got their pockets tapped and this kid not only screwed them on money on sales, he showed a very unprofessional side of himself.
Putting the majority of (or maybe any) blame for bad sales on an artist is retarded. Interscope and UMG are multimillion dollar companies that got that way by having savvy A&Rs and coming correct with marketing.

Blaming Keef at all for the 'failure' of the record is completely asinine. Interscope signed a 15/16 year old kid who exclusively makes some of the most violent and ignorant sounding music out there, at a time when that material is at an all-time low in commercial popularity. All of this adds up to the blame being laid squarely on their shoulders. What was Keef supposed to do? "Nah, I'll pass on that stupidly large check you're offering because the music I make is not viable commercially and not a sound investment for you guys."

And :rofl: at taking a dig at a teenager who tweets celebrations of kids dying and pictures of himself getting head, violates his probation for a fucking Pitchfork video, has a kid, and didn't show up to a video titled "Hate Being Sober" as 'unprofessional'. Sound more along the lines of 'having too many resources and being 15'. And how can anyone fault him for not wanting to hang with those clowns anyway?

It's pretty telling that some people have such a visceral reaction to this stuff. It's one thing to not like his music but to be like "he's clearly mentally retard" in earnest is pretty low.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

anticonguy

Post by anticonguy »

Kony Montana wrote:
ardamus wrote:I know all that, genius. I'm just saying that once they got their pockets tapped and this kid not only screwed them on money on sales, he showed a very unprofessional side of himself.
Putting the majority of (or maybe any) blame for bad sales on an artist is retarded. Interscope and UMG are multimillion dollar companies that got that way by having savvy A&Rs and coming correct with marketing.

Blaming Keef at all for the 'failure' of the record is completely asinine. Interscope signed a 15/16 year old kid who exclusively makes some of the most violent and ignorant sounding music out there, at a time when that material is at an all-time low in commercial popularity. All of this adds up to the blame being laid squarely on their shoulders. What was Keef supposed to do? "Nah, I'll pass on that stupidly large check you're offering because the music I make is not viable commercially and not a sound investment for you guys."

And :rofl: at taking a dig at a teenager who tweets celebrations of kids dying and pictures of himself getting head, violates his probation for a fucking Pitchfork video, has a kid, and didn't show up to a video titled "Hate Being Sober" as 'unprofessional'. Sound more along the lines of 'having too many resources and being 15'. And how can anyone fault him for not wanting to hang with those clowns anyway?

It's pretty telling that some people have such a visceral reaction to this stuff. It's one thing to not like his music but to be like "he's clearly mentally retard" in earnest is pretty low.

Everything about this post is borderline retarded.
"i cant listen to any rap... i think it all is pretty much boring to listen to.... i would never listen to some underground or mtv-underground shit when im home washing dishes or whatever... but some people still like rap... god bless em, thats who buys my records!"- sole

david111

Post by david111 »

everything in the past several posts is based on an unsourced & wholly inaccurate news post

interscope didnt cancel keef's tour due to low ticket sales; the guy who books his tour dates is the same guy who always has & it's not interscope-related

no one on earth would consider a first week 50k selling major label debut from an artist no one knew 12 mo. ago (outselling big krit, future, waka flocka, tyler the creator, etc.) a "flop" unless they had already decided they were going to call it one in advance. 50k is esp impressive considering he did no promotion in advance for it outside of his twitter acct (i.e. skipping out on 106 and park)

'love sosa,' which is the real lead single from this record, just debuted on the hot 100 at 82, and a week later stands at 70. on a regular release schedule, they wouldn't even have an album yet out (my theory is they were worried about him kreayshawn-ing so just wanted to get an album out the door in 2012)

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Kony Montana wrote:

:naswtf: Of course, its unprofessional. You have a major label deal and two artists that took time out of their day to be a part of the video on song that they are featured on. Even for people I'm a fan of, I would say the same thing. At that point, the music doesn't matter because the money and the time is involved. It doesn't matter who the fuck you are, both of those things should be respected to degree. You can suck as an artist but yet still be at the video shoot and do everything you are bound to do by contract. That video shoot was not just some bullshit where they hang out all day with them. It was business; pretty sure other artists that are around his age are made to understand that in his position. You can't understand then don't comment on it.

No Interscope blaming him for not breaking some shit like 100K after the first week is not his fault. They need to be patient. Missing the video shoot didn't help much either, too.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

why u posting this bullshit?

step one

Post by step one »

david111 wrote:everything in the past several posts is based on an unsourced & wholly inaccurate news post

interscope didnt cancel keef's tour due to low ticket sales; the guy who books his tour dates is the same guy who always has & it's not interscope-related

no one on earth would consider a first week 50k selling major label debut from an artist no one knew 12 mo. ago (outselling big krit, future, waka flocka, tyler the creator, etc.) a "flop" unless they had already decided they were going to call it one in advance. 50k is esp impressive considering he did no promotion in advance for it outside of his twitter acct (i.e. skipping out on 106 and park)

'love sosa,' which is the real lead single from this record, just debuted on the hot 100 at 82, and a week later stands at 70. on a regular release schedule, they wouldn't even have an album yet out (my theory is they were worried about him kreayshawn-ing so just wanted to get an album out the door in 2012)
:jaz:
Shouldnt you be compiling a '50 reasons why Chief Keef is Da Bess' list for Complex ?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ardamus wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:

:naswtf: Of course, its unprofessional. You have a major label deal and two artists that took time out of their day to be a part of the video on song that they are featured on. Even for people I'm a fan of, I would say the same thing. At that point, the music doesn't matter because the money and the time is involved. It doesn't matter who the fuck you are, both of those things should be respected to degree. You can suck as an artist but yet still be at the video shoot and do everything you are bound to do by contract. That video shoot was not just some bullshit where they hang out all day with them. It was business; pretty sure other artists that are around his age are made to understand that in his position. You can't understand then don't comment on it.

No Interscope blaming him for not breaking some shit like 100K after the first week is not his fault. They need to be patient. Missing the video shoot didn't help much either, too.
that missing the video shoot shit is only being blown up, because 50 cent showed he feminine tendencies again and chose to speak about it publicly, he is also the one that hinted that interscope might drop him...it's all getting blown out of proportion for real...is it unprofessional? Yes of course, but he's a teenager that is self made, and he knows he can shoot his own video for that shit and it will do just as well...this is the youtube era, you dont need an overproduced video anyway come on now...

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Re : Savage; the beat is insane, it's just Reese doesn't the voice or presence to rhyme on it.

I look at Reese as being a Big Scoob type figure : a back-up dancer who has one good song (Haters) and one song-stealing cameo (I Don't Like).

Still, at least he gave Hell Rell some work in 2012, so I suppose he does serve a greater purpose in the big scheme of things.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Balkongen Loungin' wrote:Re : Savage; the beat is insane, it's just Reese doesn't the voice or presence to rhyme on it.

I look at Reese as being a Big Scoob type figure : a back-up dancer who has one good song (Haters) and one song-stealing cameo (I Don't Like).

Still, at least he gave Hell Rell some work in 2012, so I suppose he does serve a greater purpose in the big scheme of things.
speaking of GBE giving dipset cats work, check this out...

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:

that missing the video shoot shit is only being blown up, because 50 cent showed he feminine tendencies again and chose to speak about it publicly, he is also the one that hinted that interscope might drop him...it's all getting blown out of proportion for real...is it unprofessional? Yes of course, but he's a teenager that is self made, and he knows he can shoot his own video for that shit and it will do just as well...this is the youtube era, you dont need an overproduced video anyway come on now...
Labels still need to account for money and etc. Whether the video is overproduced or not is irrelevant, too. If money was being wasted because he missed a video shoot, they won't give a fuck if he's a teenager or not. They'll look at that for one second, then look at other folks that are around his age to see if the outcome would've been different. Hate to say it but they will compare his actions to other artists that are his age and that are just as hungry.

Yeah, he's self made and is/was on the DIY tip. But involvement with a major does involve paperwork, more money, more politics, and etc. All the excuses about shooting his own video don't mean shit. 50 and Wiz are busy. If their schedule doesn't allow for their time to shoot the video when they see it fits, the label and the other artists involved won't be pleased. Which affects other factors. The game might've changed a little with this youtube era, bloggers, and digital distro but that doesn't mean some rules still don't apply such as getting dropped if you fuck up the money and fuck with the time of others. If Interscope put up the money for all this happen, who needs to be accountable for it? Exactly.......

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

anticonguy wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:

I'm flattered, given the source of this criticism
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

someone with the username "anticonguy" commenting on chief keef....only on :phila: yo...

anticonguy

Post by anticonguy »

Kony Montana wrote:
anticonguy wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:

I'm flattered, given the source of this criticism
salty

david111

Post by david111 »

step one wrote:
david111 wrote:everything in the past several posts is based on an unsourced & wholly inaccurate news post

:jaz:
Shouldnt you be compiling a '50 reasons why Chief Keef is Da Bess' list for Complex ?
i just wanted to contribute some factual info to the thread nev mind me-- return 2 your regularly scheduled conspiracy theorizing

step one

Post by step one »

david111 wrote:
step one wrote: Shouldnt you be compiling a '50 reasons why Chief Keef is Da Bess' list for Complex ?
i just wanted to contribute some factual info to the thread nev mind me-- return 2 your regularly scheduled conspiracy theorizing
:naswtf: :fail: :arrow:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Ch ... 20012.html
Chief Keef's Stepbrother Gunned Down in Chicago

Stepbrother of the teen rapper was killed in Chicago's West Pullman neighborhood last week