Wicked’s Top 10 Hiphop Albums + 15 Honorable Mentions 2012

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

WiCkEd22

Re: Wicked’s Top 10 Hiphop Albums + 15 Honorable Mentions 20

Post by WiCkEd22 »

DJ Primate wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:Roc Marciano's album Lyrically is GREAT, except for KA's lame whisper style of rappin, but I just can't get with most of those beats cuz they have no drums.
there is no track on reloaded that has no drums at all on it.

no track.

they all have drums.

every one of them.
They might be there, but BARELY!! Most of the beats on RELOADED are wack. Not unlistenable or anything, but wack. I wish the album was more along the lines of "Emeralds" cuz that track is the best one (produced by Arch Druids) and it's over a year old. Can't wait for that Arch Druids album SCORCHED EARTH POLICY cuz guaranteed that shit'll be bangin. Their last album as BROTHAZ BENT back in 2007 is one of the best albums of the last 5 years. Shit, its one of the better albums of the last 10 years.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

What is your response to the dude who posted the Masta Killa quotable?

He pretty much contested your realness.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Employee wrote:What is your response to the dude who posted the Masta Killa quotable?

He pretty much contested your realness.
haha Ok, I'll play along...

Kace wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:Sorry br0, but beats are #1 for me. Roc Marciano's album Lyrically is GREAT, except for KA's lame whisper style of rappin, but I just can't get with most of those beats cuz they have no drums. I'm not really down with that style. Maybe for a couple of songs on an album, but pretty much the whole album??? No thanks. The best song on the album came out in 2011... "Emeralds". And for almost the same reasons is why I don't like KA's album.
"The dumb are mostly entrigued by the drum." -Masta Killa
Oh, word?! Well, like I've said time and time again... I don't give a shit how great of an MC you are or how great of a verse you're spittin cuz if you're doin so over a wack or lame beat, then I simply won't give a shit. It is what it is. *shrugs*

Take all this Freestyle Rap Battle shit these days... do I pay attention anymore? Nope. Why? Cuz battlin without beats is fuckin LAME, period! How the fuck you gonna freestyle without a beat? Fuckouttahere!

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Wicked’s Top 10 Hiphop Albums 2012

Apollo Brown & O.C. - “Trophies” (CD/LP)
Beneficence - “Concrete Soul” (CD/LP)
D Strong & Dave Sparkz - “Uphold” (mp3)
Epidemic - “Monochrome Skies” (CD)
Meyhem Lauren - “Respect The Fly Shit” (mp3)
Propo’88 & Blabbermouf - “From The Top Of The Stack” (CD)
Purpose & Confidence - “The Purpose Of Confidence” (CD/LP)
Reap ‘n Chillow - “NY2BE” (CD/LP)
Robust - “Fillin In The Potholes” (CD)
Timeless Truth - “Rock-It Science” (mp3)

For those of you who love that Propo’88 & Blabbermouf “From The Top Of The Stack” album, they just appeared on some radio show out in Europe last Saturday January 5. Enjoy...

step one

Post by step one »

WiCkEd22 wrote:I don't give a shit how great of an MC you are or how great of a verse you're spittin cuz if you're doin so over a wack or lame beat, then I simply won't give a shit. It is what it is.
WiCkEd doesnt care about black people
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Thread has potential. Don't let it die, ever.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Thread has potential. Don't let it die, ever.
:cheers:

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

Can we get a Wicked's most anticipated for 2013? Alphabetized....obvi.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Hair of the Dog wrote:Can we get a Wicked's most anticipated for 2013? Alphabetized....obvi.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:For those of you who love that Propo’88 & Blabbermouf “From The Top Of The Stack” album, they just appeared on some radio show out in Europe last Saturday January 5. Enjoy...

holy shit. if you can't see how far this is from the true essence of real hip hop i real don't even know what to say

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Hair of the Dog wrote:Can we get a Wicked's most anticipated for 2013? Alphabetized....obvi.
Action Bronson - MR. WONDERFUL (Dr. Lecter 2)
Arch Druids - SCORCHED EARTH POLICY
Bumpy Knuckles & DJ Premier - KOLEXXION 2
Demigodz - KILLMATIC
Diamond District - ???
The Doppelgangaz - HARK!
eLZhi - THE WEATHER MAN
Joey BADA$$ - ???
Meyhem Lauren & Buckwild - ???
Meyhem Lauren & J-Love - ???
NYG'z - LOCAL NYG'Z: HUSTLER'S UNION (fully produced by DJ Premier)
O.C. & Bumpy Knuckles - ???

I can't think of anything else off the top, but I know there's a few others.

wackbar wrote:holy shit. if you can't see how far this is from the true essence of real hip hop i real don't even know what to say
Br0, take a good long hard look in the mirror cuz you are a white NERD! You are not Hiphop and you are a fgt.

As for Propo'88 & Blabbermouf, they did their thing! The host of that show is obviously a huge cornball fgt, but that has nothing to do with Propo'88 & Blabbermouf.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

it was a group of holocaust deniers blabbering overtop of h&m house music in german before performing 8 minutes of fu-shnickens karaoke. i don't think you have any idea what hip hop was/is about

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

ackbar wrote:fu-shnickens karaoke

killmyhead

Post by killmyhead »

What a loser

step one

Post by step one »

WiCkEd22 wrote:you are a white NERD! You are not Hiphop and you are a fgt.
:lol:

LastBref

Post by LastBref »

Employee wrote:
DJ Primate wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:Roc Marciano's album Lyrically is GREAT, except for KA's lame whisper style of rappin, but I just can't get with most of those beats cuz they have no drums.

no track.

they all have drums.

every one of them.
Bro, calm down.
:lol:

great thread

for real though, i think when most PF heads see this list, it has the effect of making them want to pay even less attention to underground shit. when they realize how out of touch they are, the natural reaction is to get defensive, reject the more obscure shit and say anyone who knows about it is a nerd with no life. meanwhile anything with a slight buzz that doesn't sound too boom-bap-ish gets overhyped.

step one

Post by step one »

LastBref wrote:for real though, i think when most PF heads see this list, it has the effect of making them want to pay even less attention to underground shit. when they realize how out of touch they are, the natural reaction is to get defensive, reject the more obscure shit and say anyone who knows about it is a nerd with no life. meanwhile anything with a slight buzz that doesn't sound too boom-bap-ish gets overhyped.
:fail:

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

ackbar wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:For those of you who love that Propo’88 & Blabbermouf “From The Top Of The Stack” album, they just appeared on some radio show out in Europe last Saturday January 5. Enjoy...

holy shit. if you can't see how far this is from the true essence of real hip hop i real don't even know what to say
Get real Br0, the true essence of real hip hop is defined solely by swing settings. *shakes head*

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

LastBref wrote:for real though, i think when most PF heads see this list, it has the effect of making them want to pay even less attention to underground shit. when they realize how out of touch they are, the natural reaction is to get defensive, reject the more obscure shit and say anyone who knows about it is a nerd with no life. meanwhile anything with a slight buzz that doesn't sound too boom-bap-ish gets overhyped.
Had to read this 4 times. Still makes no sense.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
DJ Primate wrote:

no track.

they all have drums.

every one of them.
They might be there, but BARELY!! Most of the beats on RELOADED are wack. Not unlistenable or anything, but wack. I wish the album was more along the lines of "Emeralds" cuz that track is the best one (produced by Arch Druids) and it's over a year old. Can't wait for that Arch Druids album SCORCHED EARTH POLICY cuz guaranteed that shit'll be bangin. Their last album as BROTHAZ BENT back in 2007 is one of the best albums of the last 5 years. Shit, its one of the better albums of the last 10 years.

i would be interested in Wicked's Top 20 Albums of the past ten years. Will it includes 436 Honorable Mentions? One can only hope.

:wutang: icked

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Had to read this 4 times. Still makes no sense.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

LastBref wrote:great thread

for real though, i think when most PF heads see this list, it has the effect of making them want to pay even less attention to underground shit. when they realize how out of touch they are, the natural reaction is to get defensive, reject the more obscure shit and say anyone who knows about it is a nerd with no life. meanwhile anything with a slight buzz that doesn't sound too boom-bap-ish gets overhyped.
Peace Bref!

But yo, you hit the nail on the head. When I look at all the shit most of these PF clowns post about, I sit here shaking my head in disgust. Did you see the shit people listed for their favorite albums of 2012? It was all the same fuckin shit over & over. Guaranteed most of these clowns have NO CLUE about 90% of the shit on my list and that's fuckin sad. Out of touch is an understatement. Very few people here on PF know the deal when it comes to this Hiphop shit... and most of these clowns have barely any cluse as to what the fuck Hiphop even is. Again, look at the majority of the shit these retards post about. *shaking head*

step one

Post by step one »

Spelling Hip Hop as Hiphop is not Hip Hop.

Its retarded.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

WiCkEd22 wrote:*shaking head*

To be used to express disgust at recent developments that disobey 90s dogma.

DLG

Post by DLG »

De Seven Free wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:*shaking head*

To be used to express disgust at recent developments that disobey 90s dogma.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

step one

Post by step one »

:rofl:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

since when is barend & wijnand just 'some radio show out in Europe'? you forgot about what went down in '93 already or where you just not there on the front lines? ^'fraid to get dirty puss^ ^figureds^ afterwards wij took us fishing ^for surpporting he cause^ ^for being real^
moved by duck muscles

point blank

Post by point blank »

we need more lyrical blunts these days

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

I guess Wicked will be the first borg that gets shot. :wig:

My list:

Killer Mike und EL-P - R.A.P. Music
Kendrick Lamar - GKMC
Roc Marciano - Reloaded
AB and ALC - RC
Union - Analogtronics
Asap Rocky - Long Live Asap
+ limited 90ies stuff

didn't bother too much with the other crap...like O.C. on some 9th Wonder clone beats with slightly better drums...minus 2 or 3 synthetic tracks...O.C. doing a track about smoking weed is like the lowest point of his career. At least he did a tribute to the DOC and the Hurricane concept...

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
LastBref wrote:great thread

Peace Bref!

But yo, you hit the nail on the head. When I look at all the shit most of these PF clowns post about, I sit here shaking my head in disgust. Did you see the shit people listed for their favorite albums of 2012? It was all the same fuckin shit over & over. Guaranteed most of these clowns have NO CLUE about 90% of the shit on my list and that's fuckin sad. Out of touch is an understatement. Very few people here on PF know the deal when it comes to this Hiphop shit... and most of these clowns have barely any cluse as to what the fuck Hiphop even is. Again, look at the majority of the shit these retards post about. *shaking head*
Out of touch is not the opposite of touched.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;